Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 923,996 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 23, 2022, 07:39:01 PMSince I just got Portal 2, I think I'll play it again.  I may have questions...

I'm listening

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Sep 23, 2022, 07:48:15 PMI need to replay Portal 2.
I loved it when it first came out, and still regard it as one of the best games I've ever played.
The original Portal is still top notch too.

If I could I would kiss you

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Sep 23, 2022, 07:48:15 PMI need to replay Portal 2.

I'm looking forward to Portal 3.

Kradan

Kradan

Don't you dare bring up Randy

Stitch

Stitch

I love Doom Eternal. It's like hyoer-violent 4D chess.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

DUSK
Mechwarrior 5

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 23, 2022, 09:33:52 PMDon't you dare bring up Randy

Go play Half-Life!

Quote from: Deathbearer on Sep 24, 2022, 02:42:38 AMDUSK
Mechwarrior 5

I have never played those games! >:(

Kradan

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I just replayed all the Half-Life games (except Alyx) because I have it stuck in my head that I need to one day mod Opposing Force to ditch the Gearbox OC donut steel Race-X stuff and replace it with Combine scouting synths (rendered in glorious polygons).

Razz

Razz

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 23, 2022, 10:59:35 AM
Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 20, 2022, 08:27:19 PMI had high hopes for Doom Eternal, but somehow it just does not gel with me.
The randomly respawning enemies are annoying and the absence of story irks me.
In fact one of my biggest criticisms of Doom Eternal is that it leans into the (nonsensical, overly-serious) story too heavily IMO.
Yup that's might only complaint with Eternal. I like the whole Doom Slayer just there to kill the demons and not giving a toss about the UAC/ Argent Energy.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Razz on Sep 25, 2022, 10:29:12 AM
Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 20, 2022, 08:27:19 PMI had high hopes for Doom Eternal, but somehow it just does not gel with me.
In fact one of my biggest criticisms of Doom Eternal is that it leans into the (nonsensical, overly-serious) story too heavily IMO.
Yup that's might only complaint with Eternal. I like the whole Doom Slayer just there to kill the demons and not giving a toss about the UAC/ Argent Energy.
That's what's great about Doom 2016; there is a plot, and you can read data entries to get more out of the plot if you want to, but the Doom Slayer doesn't care about the plot and you don't need to if you don't want to either.

Doom Eternal has this sort of dissonance where the Doom Slayer still doesn't care about the plot, but the game expects the player to care. It doesn't help that the plot isn't very good and doesn't make a lot of sense.

Stitch

Stitch

I'm partway through various games again, including Maid of Sker, Ghostwire Tokyo, and Vampire Survivors. Most recently restarted Batman Arkham Asylum because Gotham Knights will be out soon.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 25, 2022, 08:06:03 PM
That's what's great about Doom 2016; there is a plot, and you can read data entries to get more out of the plot if you want to, but the Doom Slayer doesn't care about the plot and you don't need to if you don't want to either.

Doom Eternal has this sort of dissonance where the Doom Slayer still doesn't care about the plot, but the game expects the player to care. It doesn't help that the plot isn't very good and doesn't make a lot of sense.
I agree, there's some plot but it's very weird. I am still mostly freaked out by jump puzzles (why are they in the game?), being low on ammo, and being forced to melee every second enemy.

Razz

Razz

Halo Infinite (PC/Series X)

Really getting into the MP alot and fairly good at it too. :)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 26, 2022, 12:29:24 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 25, 2022, 08:06:03 PM

I agree, there's some plot but it's very weird. I am still mostly freaked out by jump puzzles (why are they in the game?), being low on ammo, and being forced to melee every second enemy.
The "low on ammo" thing felt weird too until you get in the rhythm of using the flamethrower to make enemies drop ammo. Once you get a handle on that, ammo never really feels that low.

It's another example of the game kind of trying to railroad you into playing in a certain way. I can see how it can turn people off, especially since the previous game didn't do it nearly as strongly. I was ultimately okay with it although I preferred the combat in Doom 2016.

Also I finished Tomb Raider (1996), working on the "Unfinished Business" expansion pack now.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed