Alien FX Show Weta Leak

Started by anibo, Jan 23, 2022, 11:03:37 PM

Author
Alien FX Show Weta Leak (Read 23,084 times)

ScaryMinds

ScaryMinds

Quote from: skhellter on Jan 24, 2022, 12:52:01 AMIf the Weta folks are reading the forums:

Hi.
This is neat. But not exactly "IT", yet. Keep going.  :laugh:

Quite like the head.
Chest area.. erhmmmm...

Would also welcome the WETA folk, with the proviso that the Lions suck, you know it!

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The lions?

Kradan

Kradan

Huh ?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The lions, the tigers... oh my

Kradan

Kradan

That's. .  Predator 2 quote, yes, I recognise it. Still fail to see the connection

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

It's like a lion. Sticks close to the zebras.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Zebras? Oh right...

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I only want femme lips on the Alien if they're going to bring back Giger's ideas for Alien 3 with the new barbed tongue tearing peoples guts out with a "kiss of death." Which is still such an awesome idea to me. I love the idea of someone being "seduced" by the alien, or put into some kind of a trance. Weird stuff like that can add just the right kind of spice if done right. Especially if there's some mad body-horror mad-science going on. A little David Cronenburg, a little "Splice."

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: OpenMaw on Sep 15, 2022, 04:55:47 AMor put into some kind of a trance

That's something that the RPG did I that really liked. That the Alien was capable of hypnotizing you via hormones (or something like that).

bobcunk

bobcunk

Was david cronenberg ever considered or shown interest in the Alien franchise? I loved the style of his old movies even though I find a lot of his films to be a little slow and boring there was always something about it that I enjoyed, it always feels uncomfortable and I always felt bad (in a good way) when it was done, Dead ringers is a perfect example, its every good and well made (Jeramy Irons plays twin gynaecologists that are sharing the same patient/girlfriend and are both suffering from drug addiction and and other mental illnesses) but but it it leaves you with an uneasy unless feeling by the end.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: bobcunk on Jan 12, 2023, 12:40:45 AMWas david cronenberg ever considered or shown interest in the Alien franchise?

He was considered for Alien: Resurrection, but turned it down.

SiL

SiL

If they were working in 1996 and you think "Was this person ever considered...." the answer is "yes".

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

What I wouldn't give to see what David Cronenberg would have done with an Alien movie.

Newer talent like Hawley and Alvarez are getting opportunities from studios right now. Maybe his son Brandon Cronenberg will get to take a crack at it at some point. I quite liked his film Possessor, and I'm looking forward to his new film Infinity Pool.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

David Cronenberg bores me, not sad we did not get an Alien film from him.

Kradan

Kradan

Wasn't he pretty negative about Alien and accusing Ridley and Co. of plagiarism ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed