Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 11, 2020, 05:45:25 PM

Author
Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment! (Read 79,057 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Nazrel on Jun 11, 2020, 07:07:17 PM
They need to stop throwing ripley and her name into everything

She just keeps popping up.

Drukathi

Quote from: El Pistolero on Jun 11, 2020, 05:59:38 PM
I think the best way to continue is a really good Sequel to Covenant.

Give up the ambitions of the prequel, give David and Origae-6 more than 200 years to develop and put Alien Awakening after Alien Resurrection. Start the Mortal Kombat between Ripley 8 and David 8.

Kradan

Kradan

Who would win ?

Look at the happy faces of people who ruined Alien franchise ...

... and punch them

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 11, 2020, 07:35:14 PM

Of these three, I only know the guy in the center. ;) Hiller left, Giler right?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 11, 2020, 06:08:45 PM
Could just as easily be that Ripley would be there in spirit and not a physical player in the story. Similar to Alien Isolation. She voices the opening, the flight log, and then her voice is sampled for the end credits.

This. The story doesn't have to revolve around Ripley and Sigourney Weaver could provide her voice as in Alien Isolation (or The Cabin in the Woods) in order to have Ripley in a "spiritual" way as you say.

SiL

... and punch them
And yet without them there wouldn't be an Allen franchise :(

Immortan Jonesy

Yup. Whether you like it or not, it's true.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 11, 2020, 05:56:23 PM
I think I'm more impressed Hill is wanting to get involved again and did a nice beastly treatment. Honestly though, give me my soft reboot Studios/Disney!

How about this  ;D

Whiskeybrewer

Who would win ?

... and punch them

#F**kGiler lol

I wouldnt mind reading this 50 page treatment if it got leaked

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on Jun 11, 2020, 08:46:09 PM

... and punch them
And yet without them there wouldn't be an Allen franchise :(

Dude, you really need to take everything people say seriously ?

SiL

If I took what you said seriously I would've made some comment about not physically assaulting people over a film you don't like.

razeak

Quote from: marrerom on Jun 11, 2020, 06:42:00 PM
Quote from: razeak on Jun 11, 2020, 06:04:24 PM
Can we retcon A:R?

No Retconning of any kind. Last thing we need is for the Alien series to end up like Terminator... Just a jumbled mess with 3 sequels to the same movie.

I agree. It was tongue in cheek.

On the flip side, 6 out of 8 movies involving the universe have proved to be pretty divisive.

j0nesy

i wonder if hill's treatment continued the story of ripley 8, a different version, or a retcon ???

Perfect-Organism

irn

As bad as A:R is as part of the main series, it is set so far in the future that you can make a sequel to Alien 3 and have pretty much the freedom to do whatever without it having to affect it. Gives people the option to keep it canon or not.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 11, 2020, 05:45:25 PM
"Ridley has gone in a different direction. Maybe Ripley has done her bit. She deserves a rest."

This genuinely sounds like she's simply isn't a fan of the direction the prequels went in. I suspect she's more of a fan of the Alien's origins being more cosmic in scale. Can't say that I really blame her.

If you're going to do that, then you might as well do the same with the third film, too. That way, we don't have to deal with the magical teleporting egg, can still have any adult become a Queen, etcetera.

Either stand on the shoulders of both or neither.

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 11, 2020, 06:08:45 PM
Could just as easily be that Ripley would be there in spirit and not a physical player in the story. Similar to Alien Isolation. She voices the opening, the flight log, and then her voice is sampled for the end credits.

I'd love a connection like that. I'd honestly really like them to do something like Alien Isolation.

If that were the case, she wouldn't have been the primary one approached and given the entire treatment. They could have simply asked her after the fact or just hired the services of a great impersonator.

Plus, given his involvement in the series, he's probably very aware she would be a financial draw for ticket sales, if headlining the project.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed