Blomkamp Shares Newt Concept Art from Alien 5!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2016, 05:41:01 AM

Author
Blomkamp Shares Newt Concept Art from Alien 5! (Read 31,680 times)

Corporal Hicks

Blomkamp shares Newt concept art from Alien 5! Earlier this morning Neill Blomkamp posted a new piece of concept art for Alien 5 to his Instagram, this time giving us our first look at his adult Newt! This is the first piece of Alien 5 related content that Blomkamp has posted since announcing that the film was on hold whilst Alien: Covenant was being filmed.

Blomkamp Shares Newt Concept Art

The concept art looks remarkably like an adult Carrie Henn, suggesting that perhaps we won’t be seeing a recasting of the Newt character as assumed by most people. The majority of artwork released so far has focused around Ripley and Hicks and this is the first time we’re seeing something regarding Newt.

Back in November of 2015, Michael Biehn had apparently said that Newt would be recast with a younger actress but Biehn spoke out about that interview, saying he was misunderstood and that he was merely speculating on Alien 5.

Sigourney Weaver recently spoke about Alien 5, reaffirming that the intent was to produce Alien: Covenant first and then come back to Alien 5, stating that both Neill and herself were very excited about the project.

Thanks to Joel Foster (XENOMORPHOSIS) and Wade B Wyeth (aka Number 13) for the tip.

RakaiThwei

Well this is fairly interesting! A grown up version of Newt which either maybe part of the film or maybe left on the cutting room floor.. So far, this might end up looking like this film maybe ignoring Alien 3 after all. I could be wrong but if this does end up on the cutting room floor, I wouldn't be surprised. Maybe this was why Alien: Identity was pretty much nixed..

Corporal Hicks

I think it was a certainty that it would ignore Alien 3. Same on why Identity got cancelled - their premise was too similar to Blomkamp's.

I think the really interesting thing is that it resembles Henn. I'd just assumed she would be getting recast due to not continuing an acting career.

Ash 937

I still think they should recast Newt.  Carrie Henn's acting experience is minimal and there are plenty more established (and up-and-coming actors for that matter) that can play Newt and consequently use their star power to bring a bigger audience to the theater. 

If Carrie Henn is cast as Newt I know it would make some fans happy but I think it would be bad overall for the franchise.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 26, 2016, 05:52:50 AM
I think it was a certainty that it would ignore Alien 3. Same on why Identity got cancelled - their premise was too similar to Blomkamp's.

I'm not surprised.

I just hope they don't do the "IT WAS ALL A DREAM!" trope. If they do that, well... it's a cheap cop-out. But you know I do have mixed feelings about this... I'm okay with this. I'm okay with this because I'll always have Alien 3 to fall back on.

XENOMORPHOSIS

That I may be wrong, this move will centre more on Newt, Ripley has a presence but it's a passing of the torch.

windebieste

If it's good enough for Rippers, Hicks and Newt...

...then I want Parker back!

(He just took a mild flesh wound to his noggin and then escaped in the slightly malfunctioning emergency Quantum space/time device left aboard the Nostromo by Ash who was working on it in his spare time.  He goes 90 years into the future but time dilation causes him to age by 30.  He lands on Gateway station but it's infested with xenos - you know, the really crappy ones  you can kill easily and he pwns their asses just by claiming he's owed 90 years worth of back pay.  Yeah.  That's just as valid as this drivel.) 

-Windebieste.

_kemosh_

_kemosh_

Lmao

Corporal Hicks

You need to get registered here, kemosh!

RakaiThwei

To be fair, we don't know if this is just Blomkamp having fun with Alien Day. I feel like there is a lot of weight to this concept art, but we need to remember what day it is, and as a fan-- it could be Neill having fun. Then again... maybe there is more to it.

hawkangel

She has to da the word "Mostly" as a nod, surely!

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

First impression seeing the News thumbnail (even before clicking) was they have drawn Newt to look like a grown up Carrie Hein, actress who played Newt in original movie, to acknowledge how Hein grew and developed in her adult life.

Buuuuttttttt isn't it interesting that the Dark Horse comics envisioned and drew Newt to grow up to be a "slim babe".

I always imagined 20th Century Fox would want her to have (let's face it) sex appeal- so Kristen Hager (Jesse from AVP2 movie) or any other actress late 20s, early 30s blonde haired and neotenous face.

But if they saw Carrie Hein had been replaced with, say, Amber Heard- the "3rd way feminist/SJW/liberal" crew wouldn't be impressed and would cry "lookism". Then again you'd have the counter argument that "wow she looks different".

This is a hot potato.

Whiskeybrewer

Nice that the concept art is based on Carrie Henn, but its sad that it does seem to be hinting more and more of a Alien 3/Resurrection Retcon

Darkness

Big mistake in my opinion. This is one of the rare times where they should completely recast the role if they're bringing back Newt.

Infected

Haha this really means they just roll over Alien 3 and Alien Res.

Jesus christ thats awesome!!!

So any chance we can do this with the Star Wars prequels? :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed