Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project

Started by Jenga, Jan 02, 2015, 02:42:40 AM

Author
Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project (Read 147,288 times)

Kel G 426

QuoteWe post all the latest information on the Alien 5 movie...

Eh, AVPGalaxy is already doing a good job with that.

Perfect-Organism

I think AVPGalaxy is doing a fantastic job.  That goes without saying.  But for articles specifically related to this theme I think you will find we also have a pretty good list of articles.  Some are different.  Anyway, no need to leave AVPGalaxy if you join Aliens Continuity Change...

Vrastal

Not in favor of retconning, and dont support it. Aliens CM did a fantastic job of it already with hicks/s

Kel G 426

A:CM was an example of a bad retcon, but I wouldn't penalize Blomkamp for that.

Gash

I have little interest in Alien 5 - especially if Ripley is trundled out again. Even less interest if Hicks or, God help us, Newt is part of the thing.

Vrastal

Quote from: Kelgaard on Feb 14, 2015, 10:40:09 PM
A:CM was an example of a bad retcon, but I wouldn't penalize Blomkamp for that.

But look at who approved it, Fox. Granted we dont know how much they knew abut the story but it was still something they approved, they seemed a lot better about it with isolation, the newest set of novels and fire and stone wasnt too bad. But i would rather them just "play it safe" and do something new and leave the originals alone

ANd by play it saf ei mean dont screw up whats already on rocky ground. Fans cant agree on alien 3 half the time as it is, colonial marines muddied it up and trying to add, or remove anything will jsut make things messier and more complicated than it needs to be.

The only problem i really see is , who all over in fox actually gives a damn about the Alien universe or us(the fans).

Kel G 426

Fox has always been an obstacle.  Just look at how much O'Bannon and Scott had to fight to get their vision of Alien to the screen.

The problem with a lot of Alien material isn't the concept, but the execution.  The entire production of Alien 3 could have been handled better, the Newborn could have been designed better, and I've discussed many times how AVP could have been done much better with roughly the same plot and budget.

The return of Ripley and Hicks isn't going to be what makes or breaks this possible movie.  That will depend on Blomkamp's execution.

Quote from: Gash on Feb 14, 2015, 11:27:42 PM
I have little interest in Alien 5 - especially if Ripley is trundled out again. Even less interest if Hicks or, God help us, Newt is part of the thing.

We're making pleas to the Almighty now?  Then I pray this movie gets made and I hope it makes every last purist and A3 fan melt like the wicked witch from the Wizard of Oz.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Omegazilla on Feb 14, 2015, 03:51:35 PM...They're never going to do something like that.

I never thought they do something as retarded as having someone wearing suspiciously similar bandages to Hicks getting thrown into his cryotube in his stead, but then ACM.

I wouldn't put any level of stupidity past them at this point.

T Dog

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 15, 2015, 12:35:48 PM
Quote from: Omegazilla on Feb 14, 2015, 03:51:35 PM...They're never going to do something like that.

I never thought they do something as retarded as having someone wearing suspiciously similar bandages to Hicks getting thrown into his cryotube in his stead, but then ACM.

I think it was one of the Gearbox developers that said "Fox say's A:CM is canon". But I'm sure it can also very easily not become canon.
Even it is - you'd still have to create even more contrivances to link up Hicks with Ripley 8.

Best bet for Blomkamp is - no Hicks - use Ripley 8.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 15, 2015, 12:35:48 PM

Film developers =/= game developers. They'd make a new continuity to please the gazillion people that want the real Hicks back, before doing something like that.

Vrastal

I would rather not have hicks at all, he died back in '92 let him rest in peace.

Ripley still has something of a story left, if they insit finsih her story off but i dont want to see some crackpot story worse with sillier things than colonial marines, resurrection or avp

Valaquen

Ripley 8 is dreadful. I hope they don't continue where Alien Resurrection left off.

Perfect-Organism

The post Alien Resurrection world seems to be considered dreadful by many fans.  The lackluster response to the Alien Sea of Sorrows novel furthers that notion.  I think most people will agree that it was the weakest of the 3 books...

Vrastal

i felt parts of seas were good. i prefer it over out of shadows becasue ripley isnt in it and i find those parts hard to read.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 15, 2015, 08:15:21 PMThe post Alien Resurrection world seems to be considered dreadful by many fans.

I honestly don't think many fans give any serious thought to the merits or drawbacks of the world it was trying to create. They just hate it because they hate the film.

Personally, I think the far-future is one of the most interesting places to explore. It just needs a better film to do it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed