Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project

Started by Jenga, Jan 02, 2015, 02:42:40 AM

Author
Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project (Read 147,283 times)

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 13, 2015, 10:03:26 PM
I could see hicks being an android set in time past A:R, as a ploy by a company to get ripley to od some weird alien telepath/connection thing to find more.

I think this is the best idea so far in terms of how to incorporate hicks into a new Alien film.

predxeno

Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 14, 2015, 01:03:39 AM
Quote from: tmjhur on Feb 14, 2015, 12:34:24 AM
Quote from: A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus on Feb 14, 2015, 12:15:46 AM
They're all too old. Just reboot the franchise. Alien doesn't need Ripley. It just needs well written, fully developed characters like Ripley

Shaw was a great character! ;)I really bought the late 21st century Christian angle! :laugh:

Shes not a bad actor but i didnt care for her character very much and the religious aspect felt extremely forced

Tbh, the religious factor was supposed to be a BIG part of the film but ended up only being nudged in when convenient.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 13, 2015, 10:03:26 PMI could see hicks being an android set in time past A:R, as a ploy by a company to get ripley to od some weird alien telepath/connection thing to find more.

Why would she trust someone she knows has been dead for hundreds of years?

Kel G 426

I just hope this buzz continues past April 1st.

Vrastal

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 14, 2015, 08:49:02 AM
Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 13, 2015, 10:03:26 PMI could see hicks being an android set in time past A:R, as a ploy by a company to get ripley to od some weird alien telepath/connection thing to find more.

I didnt say it was a good idea.. it but it does seem kinda like a WY thing "heres a friendly face" or he has been floating through space in cryo for hundreds of years(which is a lie) and they could use Aliens cm.. but lets face it anything like what i just said would be absolutely awful. i  just really really hope they just do something new.

marrerom

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 14, 2015, 08:49:02 AM

Well the idea would be that Hicks would create some cover story to explain away his existence and why he's here now.  Its all lies of course and his real role would be to manipulate Ripley. Its a far better idea then having Alien 3 be a dream or something along those lines and it serves the plot better then what they did in A:CM.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

...They're never going to do something like that.

Nightmare Asylum

Assuming they ever retcon Alien 3 out of existence, I don't know why people keep assuming it would have to be explained as a dream or a memory or a coverup or whatever. If they retcon it then in all likelihood they'll just continue on as if the film was never made.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 14, 2015, 04:01:31 PM
Assuming they ever retcon Alien 3 out of existence, I don't know why people keep assuming it would have to be explained as a dream or a memory or a coverup or whatever. If they retcon it then in all likelihood they'll just continue on as if the film was never made.

Maybe some people do not want a reboot in this franchise, and that is why some are hoping for a very elaborate and convoluted explanation (ie; Alien 3 "exists" after all, but in a more surreal way). That, or they just hate Alien 3 and Resurrection. But if this is the case...then an explanation is not required, and as you said, they can continue as if the film had never existed.

Nightmare Asylum

Regardless of what people "want" (I'd like for Hicks to just stay dead, myself), why would Fox limit the filmmakers into creating some convoluted explanation to justify the film's existence when instead they can just make the new movie and view it as its own thing?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 14, 2015, 04:01:31 PM
Exactly. Superman Returns did not bother with similar things.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I think it's likely that this happens in three ways:

Alien 5: Probably because Sigourney Weaver and Neill Blomkamp want to end the story of Ripley (and have raised a lot of Hype in fans). In addition, Fox seems to have the idea that Ripley is the soul of the franchise.

Standalone film (ala Predators): Probably because they have no idea how to continue the story of Ripley. That is, short and simple; a movie with new characters, new establishment and new story.

Reboot: Something that Hollywood loves, and a good strategy to attract the public of the new generations in order to make more money.

BTW, retcon Alien 3 out of existence is possible, but for now it is just speculation (like my words anyway XD)

Nightmare Asylum

The comment from Weaver a couple days ago did make it seem like this could possibly be Ripley 8. What that could possibly mean for Hicks, however, I have absolutely no clue.

Guess we'll have to wait if/when something official is ever announced to know just what's up.

Perfect-Organism

Fans of a retcon which includes Hicks and Newt are invited to join facebook.com/Aliens.Continuity.Change.  We post all the latest information on the Alien 5 movie...

predxeno

Just joined. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed