Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project

Started by Jenga, Jan 02, 2015, 02:42:40 AM

Author
Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project (Read 147,293 times)

Jenga

Jenga

On Neill Blomkamp's Instagram he is posting a bunch of concept art from what clearly appears to be a cancelled Alien sequel with Sigourney Weaver ad Micheal Biehn. I am so upset. It looks awesome and I think he would be a great director for the franchise. So upset right now :(.

http://instagram.com/neillblomkamp/

Wrecktangle

I'd take this over a Prometheus sequel any day.

viendammage

Oh man the image of Ripley and scarred Hicks, makes me giddy and depressed at the same time.  F@ck Alien 3!

well this came out of nowhere.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Not sure how I feel about the Ripley face mask thing, but I guess it could be something that WY would up to if they finally got their hands on the Alien. And it does feel very Giger, more than anything in Prometheus did. There is some really interesting stuff in there. I especially love the pic of the Derelict inside the facility.

So I wonder if this would have been an alternate Alien 3, or if Ripley and Hicks were just stand ins to base the new concepts off of? I'm leaning towards the latter, but you never know.

It looks like everything is set inside of some interior artificial biological habitat. Almost gives me a bit of a Halo vibe in that regard.

I know this is unlikely to ever happen, but I would love if some more images and details were released. I am beyond curious.

Quote from: Quarax on Jan 02, 2015, 05:42:25 AM
Quote from: 85 on Jan 02, 2015, 05:33:36 AM
well this came out of nowhere.

He did say a while ago that he wanted to make Alien 5: http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3248170/hey-fox-forget-prometheus-and-hire-neill-blomkamp-to-direct-alien-5/

Huh? Must have missed that one.

This would have been cool as hell to see, If only for nostalgia reasons.

Nightmare Asylum

Alien film or not, I want to see that facility in a movie.

Xenomrph

I really dig the concept art of the "excavated" Derelict for some reason.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 02, 2015, 06:30:43 AM
I really dig the concept art of the "excavated" Derelict for some reason.

That one and the one showing the interior habitat are my favorites. I would absolutely love to see them utilized in a non-Alien film at some point.

Gigers Alien

Gigers Alien

I know that this is a huge longshot, but after seeing Neill's concept art of his idea of an Alien film, and that one of them had friggin' Hicks, I was excited to see that someone professional wanted to make a movie that ignored all the sequels. So if any of you guys are interested please sign this, because this is a movie I definitely want to see some day. https://www.change.org/p/neill-blomkamp-make-the-alien-film-that-neill-blomkamp-created-concept-art-for

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Looks more like something Blomkamp was going to pitch to Fox rather than something that Fox was actively seeking to make, according to the tweet I posted in that thread.

Anyways, I won't be signing any petition, but I would love to see some of these ideas on screen, even if it's not in an Allen movie. Distinct 9 rose from the ashes of Halo, after all. And I love seeing what kind of original stuff Blomkamp can come up with.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Neil Blomkamp doing an Alien movie would've been interesting to see. Infact, I would go as far as to say that whatever he had in mind probably was what the franchise needed instead of Prometheus. But seeing Ripley and Hicks alive together looks like it would've gone the route of "Ripley's Nightmare" or something similar in regards to Alien 3 and Resurrection. I would've liked to see this.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Despite my fascination at this news, this is also all very hard to believe.

EDIT:
I was really thinking this was a hoax.  I mean, it's kind of unprofessional to upload photos regarding a secret project just because someone "thinks it's over," so I didn't think it was Blomkamp...but it is on his official instagram? Could this be for an unreleased Alien game?

Also, like Aliens: Colonial Marines, they forgot that the derelict should be heavily damaged since the Nostromo's crew visited it.

SiL

He said the studio didn't know he was working on it. Professionals can have fan projects too, peeps.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed