Alien V - Facts and Rumors Compilation (Provide Links)

Started by Perfect-Organism, Feb 27, 2015, 09:37:01 PM

Author
Alien V - Facts and Rumors Compilation (Provide Links) (Read 75,532 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

"LOL, Lucy said, LMAO."

Edit: Extremely shitty article even with what it's going for.

Rankles75

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Dec 11, 2021, 05:50:24 PM
Does a dead horse deserve a necropost?   :D

This article deals with why the Alien3 retcon is still a good idea.  It's the right thing to do if the series is to have mainstream success ever again.

https://screenrant.com/alien-5-reboot-timeline-after-aliens-retcon-fix/amp/

Hey, it's a good horse to beat! :)

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Rankles75 on Dec 11, 2021, 07:15:47 PM

This article deals with why the Alien3 retcon is still a good idea.  It's the right thing to do if the series is to have mainstream success ever again.

Hey, it's a good horse to beat! :)

Totally!  This still remains the best way to fix the franchise.

BlueMarsalis79

Actually I mostly like the franchise the way it is, the thing I love about Alien's that it might be so easy to emulate (superficially anyway) the 1986 film over and over, but it rarely ever does so, instead of rehashing the arguably most popular entry into the dirt, repeatedly following a family lineage and retconning itself over and over again (see Halloween, The Terminator, Star Wars) it's always a different take on the material.

I LOVE Alien The Cold Forge written by Alex White, I LOVE Into Charybdis even more, Phalanx's superb, and a lot more novels to come already announced for next year. And between David's Drawings and them that makes the prequels more than worth it.

And because of the rather mature (even for Alien yes) subject matter explored in each one, with a more controlled traditionally lucrative intellectual property, they might never have got the green light. Actually we can see this in effect now with Marvel's Alien full of tracing and awful storytelling, then compare that to the myriad of creator driven projects with Alien under Dark Horse Press, Kilian Plunkett (Labyrinth), Mike Mignola (Salvation), James Stokoe (Dead Orbit), the list goes on for days.

Alien The RPG's the most profitable and successful in that genre outside of Wizards of the Coast publishing. Alien Isolation's just perfect. The Anthology's only beat by LOTR in terms of the Special Features. The original looks stunning in 4K.

Oh and Noah Hawley, the mind behind Legion, gets free reign on an Alien TV Series and he thinks Aliens and Alien³ both rule?! Yeah I'm really happy with the way things turned out. For the most part.

Kradan

I mostly agree

Rankles75

Think we can all agree The Cold Forge was amazing, at least? :)

Kradan

Kradan

Wasn't as crazy about it as much as everybody else seemed to but sure, why not

Voodoo Magic

"A grown-up Newt would make an excellent protagonist"

Immortan Jonesy

Master

Good God, what a dumb idea.

skhellter

Blomkamp has a wonderful career ahead of him as... assistant director.
or working at a stupidly titled video game studio that doesn't seem to pay its non-celeb people. (Gunzilla is bound for a big exposé editorial in a year or two).

His Joe Rogan interview was painful. He's thick as a brick. His latest movies are just him assembling a bunch of cool-looking toys in front of the camera without any decent story behind them.

Not to mention that, aesthetically speaking, the concept art for this movie feels seriously dated in what can be best described as "NFT-core"

If Weaver wants to come back, I pray that it's with a better director with a better aesthetic.

Kradan

Quote from: skhellter on Dec 12, 2021, 05:59:39 PM
If Weaver wants to come back

At this point - please no. We don't need grandma Ripley running around shooting Xenos with pulse rifle

Master

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 12, 2021, 06:45:16 PM
Quote from: skhellter on Dec 12, 2021, 05:59:39 PM
If Weaver wants to come back

At this point - please no. We don't need grandma Ripley running around shooting Xenos with pulse rifle

Unless it's sequel to A:R and they'll explain it with accelerated againg of the clone.

Perfect-Organism

https://screenrant.com/coolest-facts-neill-blomkamp-unmade-alien-film/amp/

I'm not saying that Neil Blomkamp's direction would have been the right one.  The idea of Ripley in an alien suit sounds ridiculous to me, but picking up after the Aliens film makes the most sense.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 12, 2021, 01:13:55 AM
:laugh:

https://i.ibb.co/0YhZxPR/5xjqe7.jpg

You saw what I did there? I didn't even see what I did there. :laugh:

I'm actually agreeing that a grown-up Newt would make an excellent protagonist.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed