Jim and John Thomas suing Disney to reclaim Predator rights

Started by Kailem, Apr 16, 2021, 12:46:54 AM

Author
Jim and John Thomas suing Disney to reclaim Predator rights (Read 93,922 times)

Proteus

Quote from: David on Apr 18, 2021, 06:38:59 PM
I didnt read the second article. Do your think Skulls wont happen?

Possibility it gets cancelled. No way of knowing until judge ruling.

Drukathi

Immortan Jonesy

Well that would be a shame. I really want to see this movie with a female protagonist, plus the setting is something that some of us have been waiting for.

Kradan

Are you afraid that The Predator might be the last movie of the franchise ?

Spoiler

[close]

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 18, 2021, 07:57:54 PM

Spoiler

[close]

Kradan

Proteus

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 18, 2021, 08:02:47 PM

Spoiler

[close]

https://s4.gifyu.com/images/tenor-22998264adad5f8997.gif

Unless Disney cuts a deal that the brothers can't walk away from, I don't see how the courts rule in favor of Disney. Very well could be the last film we ever see.

SuperiorIronman

They'd have to negotiate with them for future projects. The only way I see things going to an absolute halt is if they play things like Toho does with Godzilla and does a 10 year hiatus. I don't really see them doing that but you never know.

BlueMarsalis79

Or they just don't want to license it out anymore.

Immortan Jonesy

It's respectable I guess.  :-\

But...can you imagine someone doing a blockbuster rip off of the Predator, like that (initially) ripoff from Superman. :laugh:

Of course I don't want that, it's just that I'm worried about not seeing the Predator in a new installment.  :'(

Quote from: Proteus on Apr 18, 2021, 08:14:04 PM

Spoiler

[close]

Unless Disney cuts a deal that the brothers can't walk away from, I don't see how the courts rule in favor of Disney. Very well could be the last film we ever see.

Damn! I don't want the Predator to end this way.

Proteus

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 18, 2021, 09:54:52 PM
It's respectable I guess.  :-\

But...can you imagine someone doing a blockbuster rip off of the Predator, like that (initially) ripoff from Superman. :laugh:

https://i.ibb.co/SVSYc1z/supreme41-superman1.jpg

Of course I don't want that, it's just that I'm worried about not seeing the Predator in a new installment.  :'(

Quote from: Proteus on Apr 18, 2021, 08:14:04 PM

Spoiler

[close]

Damn! I don't want the Predator to end this way.

Neither do I, but it's the sad reality we're faced with. The unfortunate truth that all things come to an end. I wish we could this Skulls installment as much as anyone, but my stomach aches knowing it won't happen. Sorry to be so pessimistic, but the courts will likely side with the brothers.

BigDaddyJohn

Yeah a little early to tell.

RidgeTop

Hicks, Voodoo, and I discuss:

Mr.Turok

Spoiler

[close]

Hey, remember the part in the document where they considered all 5 movies, Predator, Predator 2, Predators, AVP, and AVPR, as part of their  "five sequel films" and NOT The Predator  :laugh:

QuoteUnder the termination provisions, prior "derivative works" "can continue to be" distributed as before. 17 U.S.C. ยง 203(b)(1). Plaintiffs' recovery of the U.S. copyright to their Screenplay therefore does not prevent Defendants or their licensees from continuing to exploit prior derivative works, including the original Predator film and TCFFC's five sequel films.

SiL

Original film and five sequels.

People acting like the Brothers getting the rights back immediately means the end of the franchise are being unnecessarily pessimistic. It's a possibility, not a certainty.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed