Lanard Toys Producing 4-Inch Scale Aliens & Predator Figures- Toyark

Started by 426Buddy, Nov 22, 2019, 01:57:15 AM

Author
Lanard Toys Producing 4-Inch Scale Aliens & Predator Figures- Toyark (Read 52,723 times)

Xeno_from_Chino

Xeno_from_Chino

Ehh, they don't look too great for toys. I guess toys looked a lot better back in the 1980's and 1990's.

razeak

I picked up the big chap version (yellow). The packaging is really attractive. The alien has 14 points of articulation and it feels solid. The head pops off easy but it's no biggy. The sculpt is actually pretty good too.  I'm surprised at how good it looks in person. The jaw looks like it's a little cartoony. The rest is about like the movie. The Marine looks silly but its Rock solid and has a removable helmet. The alien egg is good overall. It could be better. The facehugger is about the same. It's a good price at $10. You're getting 4 toys at that price. It probably explains why the Alien is head and shoulders above the other pieces in the package. They had the full run at our store. The queen is pretty damn big

Xenomrph

Quote from: razeak on Jan 11, 2020, 12:28:31 AM
I picked up the big chap version (yellow). The packaging is really attractive. The alien has 14 points of articulation and it feels solid. The head pops off easy but it's no biggy. The sculpt is actually pretty good too.  I'm surprised at how good it looks in person. The jaw looks like it's a little cartoony. The rest is about like the movie. The Marine looks silly but its Rock solid and has a removable helmet. The alien egg is good overall. It could be better. The facehugger is about the same. It's a good price at $10. You're getting 4 toys at that price. It probably explains why the Alien is head and shoulders above the other pieces in the package. They had the full run at our store. The queen is pretty damn big
Whereabouts in the toy section did you find them?

The Old One

The Old One

That's a pity about the availability, I think it's an adorable line, very bright.

TYRANTKINGALIEN

Looks like I have a whole line of toys to buy ha  ;D

razeak

Where the transformers, Jurassic Park, TMNT etc. toys are.

Nukiemorph

I love this nostalgic toy line, but I find it really weird that kid toys for this R-rated franchise are coming out now.  It was a little odd back in the 90's, but this just doesn't happen anymore.

I hope this isn't somehow Disney testing the waters for kid-friendly Alien content.

The Old One

The Old One

You never know.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I managed to get most of these at my local Walmart on my lunch break, but I won't get to open them until I get home. I got all of them except for the Queen Alien (I don't know if that one is even out, though).

Update - the Queen was up for order in the Walmart app for retail price with free delivery to the store so I ordered one, it'll arrive by 1/13 or sooner.

TYRANTKINGALIEN

Update, for xenomorph and any other who actually collect toys.
My wallmart had 4 queens on the shelf and nothing else, lol the queens were 19.98 each, I bought them all lol.
I'll check for the others when night shift is over.
It all depends on what boxes get cut open in the toy department first.
Obviously your store missed the queen. But I'm sure you keep checking and she will pop up soon.

Also the queen alien is alot of fun to play with, her tongue is attached to some kind of springy swivel in her neck so when you move her head around her tongue will shoot out and than back in at different angles. She is quite cool and a much better queen alien toy than the 1 we got in the 90's. I just wish she wasn't a fan of prince lmfao, big purple bitch haha
I might do a YouTube video once I get them all. The queen has me really excited to see her full lineup of friends.

Nukiemorph

My store has all of them.

There's an Alien 40th Anniversary logo on the back of the boxes.  That explains this.

JokersWarPig

I'll be periodically checking for these so I can grab them for my younger brother

Machiko Naguchi

Hmm I guess I don't get these. Everyone makes fun of the Kenner figures from back in the day for being goofy but these look way worse to me. Yes I have nostalgia from collecting all the figures from the '90s but even when I look through them as an adult they seem to have better detail and obviously better coloring. Now that being said I am all for more products in the Alien universe and especially ones to get new younger fans interested in the series.

The Old One

The Old One

People love the Kenner line itself, it's just it's version of the DNA reflex that's deplorable and that coming into serious stories involving the creature is annoying. No danger of that with this line, so far. It's just really cute.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Machiko Naguchi on Jan 14, 2020, 02:37:05 PM
Hmm I guess I don't get these.
That's because you aren't the target demographic for these toys.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed