New info from the set reports/interviews *SPOILERS*

Started by Doomofman, May 06, 2010, 01:26:56 PM

Author
New info from the set reports/interviews *SPOILERS* (Read 14,736 times)

Doomofman

Doomofman

So with a glut of interviews and set reports today I figured we could use a thread to summarise the new stuff we've learned.. I'll put up a few and add others that maybe I missed... So let me know what I've missed...

• Derek Mears is indeed playing the classic predator/Anytime2/Classic
  • As I think may have been touched on before, the Pred hounds are CGI for some shots and puppet for others
  • Tusks was referred to by the crew as Baltimore
  • Super Preds have longer faces and are leaner than regular preds, also their armor is very tight on them
  • The long wrist blade, as was debated at length by some of us, has some CGI added to it when it extends, so it'll make sense in the film that it can fit in the gauntlet
  • Mr. Black is the only Super Pred who's face will be revealed in the movie
  • As it was speculated before, Nolands hide out is alien in origin
  • Anytime 2 will have netting, it was ripped off by the Super Preds
  • Stans has killed 38 people and has been on death row for 15 years.
  • Stick man is in
  • Anytime 2 will have a gearing up scene
  • Carey Jones also plays Stickman
  • Jones is 6'7" and the suit adds about 3 1/2 inches. so just under 7 foot for Jones
  • Jones got injured during one shot

Dark Jester

Quote from: Doomofman on May 06, 2010, 01:26:56 PM
So with a glut of interviews and set reports today I figured we could use a thread to summarise the new stuff we've learned.. I'll put up a few and add others that maybe I missed... So let me know what I've missed...

• Derek Mears is indeed playing the classic predator/Anytime2/Classic
  • As I think may have been touched on before, the Pred hounds are CGI for some shots and puppet for others
  • Tusks was referred to by the crew as Baltimore
  • Super Preds have longer faces and are leaner than regular preds, also their armor is very tight on them
  • The long wrist blade, as was debated at length by some of us, has some CGI added to it when it extends, so it'll make sense in the film that it can fit in the gauntlet

why Baltimore? :S

Doomofman

They didn't say actually... Maybe the actor is from Baltimore or something

bleau

bleau

Some of these might be spoilers, I am not going to put tags though.

Also Nolands cave hide out is indeed a artifact/derelict space ship. Not sure if that was known already.

Any Time 2 will have netting but it's been ripped off by Super Pred's and thrown on the ground.

No Pred and human team up.

Stans has killed 38 people and has been on death row for 15 years.

Also there is a alien creature that was brought there to hunt along with the humans. A stick alien thing. Man the more I read these the more stuff I keep adding.

Any Time 2 has a gearing up scene.

Dark Jester

Quote from: bleau on May 06, 2010, 01:51:23 PM

Any Time 2 will have netting but it's been ripped off by Super Pred's and thrown on the ground.

:o

sounds dodgy!!

Billy

Yes indeed. I've seen the classic Pred running without the netting in the trailer, he had his helmet on though. So I dont think we'll see him with the netting in this one.

bleau

Quote from: Dark Jester on May 06, 2010, 02:21:25 PM
Quote from: bleau on May 06, 2010, 01:51:23 PM

:o

sounds dodgy!!

You guys think I should put spoiler tags on those? I don't want to piss people off or anything.

Billy

Billy

Nah. I dont think that's much of a spoiler.

There's already a spoiler warning in the title anyway.  ;D

Billy

Quote from: Doomofman on May 06, 2010, 01:26:56 PM

• Stick man is in

You think this guy is the insectoid creature that was shown in the concept art at the sneak peek preview?

Nole

This whole forum is a spoiler.  If people don't want to know then they shouldn't be here.

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Yes it is.

If you look closely at the concept art, you can see the altimeter strapped to his chest.

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Shock: We saw a production design that you did of the alien stick figure. Did that end up in the movie? Is that an alien type creature, or is that something else?

Nicotero: There's a great sequence where our heroes realize that they're being hunted. What it was was our heroes are being tracked of course and their goal is to find out what's tracking them and what's hunting them. So they set a booby trap and they are able to successfully vanquish one of these creatures and they think it's a Predator. Then, they realize that it has the same altimeter that they're wearing, this little piece of alien machinery that was put on them. So all of a sudden they went, "Wait a minute, this thing isn't even one of the Predators. This isn't hunting us. This is being hunted just like we are." So it's this kind of weird little red herring sequence.

Shock: Did you design that to be an alien like "Aliens?"

Nicotero: Yes – well, no, not really. It's interesting because we wanted it to have a completely different flavor than the Predators because you have to be able to look at it and visually know that it looks different. There was a couple of pieces of artwork that we had generated. I mean, we wanted it to be kinda boney looking and we did these weird kind of shoulders. I never even thought about that until you said that – but we did these kinda weird shoulder bone sections in the faces. It's kind of Japanese inspired. It has that kind of flavor of some Japanese sculpture. We wanted it to be tall and really thin and we elongated the arms. We just wanted to throw the proportions in the body off.

Shock: It's a completely different creature?

Nicotero: It's a completely different creature. I mean, the fact that it has a shoulder thing, I hadn't even thought about until you said that. And Carey Jones actually who is wearing that suit, he played that creature too. So we shot a lot of that stuff down in Hawaii, but it was exciting. My first dinner with Robert Rodriguez about a year ago, he said, "Hey man, so we're going to do 'Predators' and we've got about 15 creatures we have to do." And I went, "Uh, okay." He's like, "How much money you think that will cost?" I was like, "I don't know." It was just one of those like, we're eating pizza talking about the movie and they called in July. Ironically I was in Germany on "Inglorious Basterds" and did "The Book of Eli" and then was on "Piranha." Somebody sent me a link to an Ain't It Cool news article and Robert said, "Yeah, we just got a greenlight on 'Predators' and KNB is doing all the work and Nicotero's been in the trenches with me since 'From Dust Till Dawn.'" I called him and I said, "Hey, so I guess we're starting?" He went, "Oh yeah." He like sort of forgot to tell me that we were starting. So we kinda started panicking a little bit and trying to figure out what to do between myself and Shannon who basically runs KNB with myself and Howard Berger. We just sorta sat down and I had a 40 page list of every single step that we had to go through. Fox wanted to see everything and understand. But it's tricky because then you get into, "Okay, you sculpt the head, but then the mandibles are separate and the hands are separate, the feet are separate and the body's separate and all the armor." We had such a short time period that we had to sort of sculpt everything separately and then we'd bring in the guys for fittings and put it all on and hope that everything went on the way it was supposed to go on and it looked the way it was supposed to look. Between that and Nimrod's enthusiasm those were the two most rewarding moments as like I said earlier, every single person at KNB stopped what they were doing and walked over and wanted to see what it looked like. The stars were lined up for us on this one because everything went together and the mechanical department, Jeff Edwards and David Wogh built all the articulated faces and all the kind of stuff. So we had a whole fabrication and costume department. We had a whole sculpting department.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/articlenews.php?id=15088

Lt. Mike Harrigan

keylight-di

@Doomofman, bleau, Harrigan...
God bless you for those infos.

MrBrokenTusks.

Yeah thanks good news all round.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed