"[Alien Romulus] joins the prequel series"

Started by DavidIsDaddy, Mar 06, 2023, 06:28:33 AM

Author
"[Alien Romulus] joins the prequel series" (Read 20,914 times)

Some Old Dude

As long as it's not David getting the Shaw/Hix n n00t treatment that's fine.

DaveT937

PO podcast reporting it will connect to prequels and the main saga.

Interesting...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Necronomicon II on May 19, 2023, 01:36:00 AMYup. He said we'd still get the experience of a 3rd prequel just not the way Ridley intended.

I think I missed these comments. Where they when he announced his involvement?

Nukiemorph

All I'm finding is on this post:
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=712872270315329&set=a.219794026289825

Someone comments:
"I just want Ridley to finish this...
Even though Covenant went to a different place, considering he wanted to make 4 prequels, it can easily and in a very awesome way, close all the gaps and unify everything from Prometheus and Alien. Covenant was AWESOME by the way. But a lot of you aren't ready for that discussion..."

and Dane responds:
"haha cheers man! They're could be some kind of closure in the works. Lets see what happens🤘"

Which could be a cheeky hint or he could honestly not know if any kind of prequel conclusion is cooking.

Necronomicon II

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 19, 2023, 07:26:03 AM
Quote from: Necronomicon II on May 19, 2023, 01:36:00 AMYup. He said we'd still get the experience of a 3rd prequel just not the way Ridley intended.

I think I missed these comments. Where they when he announced his involvement?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0Vf1BThg3mpnEB9fg7D6XapCSgfYujsGNbAc2EWKrd3bcsJPoHtBcY6PK83xxrfNdl&id=100047776885165&mibextid=Nif5oz
"My feeling is that we'll kinda get that experience, but not the way Ridley intended... I will have to speak on this a little further down the line though... 🤐"

TheBATMAN

What about this rumour of a Scott TV series? Could this not be what he is alluding too?

I know GFR are unreliable but you never know.

TV series would certainly not be the way Scott intended.

Corporal Hicks

Thanks @Necronomicon II!

Who knows with GFR @TheBATMAN and this second series. My default is to just ignore anything that comes via that site unless it's seen elsewhere with credibility.

Huntsman

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 06, 2023, 01:37:32 PMWhat they might go for here is an attempt to tie-up Covenant's loose ends while also making the movie stand-alone.

So anyone who hasn't seen the other two prequels can still watch this as the prequel links will be ancillary, but fans of the prequels will also get some closure.
This is what I'd like to see.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Huntsman on Nov 12, 2023, 11:34:12 AM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 06, 2023, 01:37:32 PMWhat they might go for here is an attempt to tie-up Covenant's loose ends while also making the movie stand-alone.

So anyone who hasn't seen the other two prequels can still watch this as the prequel links will be ancillary, but fans of the prequels will also get some closure.
This is what I'd like to see.

We already have a good Predator movie with Prey, I'm hoping it will happen with Romulus too. 8)

ralfy

Similar to what's happening to other franchises.

reecebomb

Ugh, the last thing the Alien franchise need is another movie bringing Prometheus/Covenant and Alien closer. Outside of some Alien fandom, Covenant is mostly regarded as a joke. Got a really bad feeling about this.

Nightmare Asylum

Covenant is cool, though.

reecebomb

As a comedy it kind of works.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: reecebomb on Nov 15, 2023, 11:28:29 AMUgh, the last thing the Alien franchise need is another movie bringing Prometheus/Covenant and Alien closer. Outside of some Alien fandom, Covenant is mostly regarded as a joke. Got a really bad feeling about this.

Conversely, outside the fandom and clickbait youtubers, people quite like Prometheus.

Neila

Of course there is no certainty but I also think that Bloomkamp would have screwed it up.
Many people were upset about the film being canceled at the time, but I heard it with great relief.
if only because he would have completely ignored a3 and a4.
I'm one of the few who can handle the current directions.
Almost every ending of an alien film was completely overturned by the beginning of the successor and almost never took the direction expected by the audience.
But not a single part has been really ignored so far
(except the AVP slip-up, which was the right decision)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed