Alien: Romulus Casts David Jonsson, Archie Renaux, Spike Fearn, and Aileen Wu

Started by Predalien39, Mar 03, 2023, 09:34:45 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Casts David Jonsson, Archie Renaux, Spike Fearn, and Aileen Wu (Read 26,183 times)

TomT

TomT

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Mar 04, 2023, 10:42:29 AMSo young adults can't possibly go through any journeys worth watching?
In this particular franchise, no. Divergent with Alien is one of the worst things that could happen to this already dead franchise. Ridley talked so much about how he dislikes all Alien sequels/crossovers including James Cameron's one, and how he shouldn't have let it go after first Alien, but looks like young adult Alien on the other hand is great for him, now we are cooking. Someone from his family should bring him to a good doctor ans check his mental health, and stop doing every dumb thing he wants to just because he's big guy in the industry. He did the biggest damage to the franchise Alien 3, 4 and AvP could only dream of by killing Prometheus sequel and Blomkamp's Alien and making Covenant instead and now doing terrible TV show and cheap young adult slasher flick for streaming.
Quote from: Nukiemorph on Mar 04, 2023, 10:42:29 AMDon't Breathe and the Evil Dead remake both had young casts too.
Don't Breathe was an original film, not long established IP. Evil Dead remake is consistent with the original Evil Dead. So both are not good examples.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: TomT on Mar 04, 2023, 11:38:22 AM
Quote from: Nukiemorph on Mar 04, 2023, 10:42:29 AMSo young adults can't possibly go through any journeys worth watching?
In this particular franchise, no. Divergent with Alien is one of the worst things that could happen to this already dead franchise. Ridley talked so much about how he dislikes all Alien sequels/crossovers including James Cameron's one, and how he shouldn't have let it go after first Alien, but looks like young adult Alien on the other hand is great for him, now we are cooking. Someone from his family should bring him to a good doctor ans check his mental health, and stop doing every dumb thing he wants to just because he's big guy in the industry.

I'm pretty damn sure Ridley's involvement in this is negligible. He produces lots of films and shows with zero involvement other than having his name attached and cashing his producers check.

In fact, Ridley is currently directing Sinking Spring on the other side of the world in Philadelphia. After that he will move into pre-production on Gladiator II. Previously he was very busy with Napoleon and the Samsung short film.

RIP77

You did not learn nothing  from PREY and the prejudices about how a PREDATOR should be before seeing it.

TomT

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 04, 2023, 11:48:39 AM
Quote from: TomT on Mar 04, 2023, 11:38:22 AM
In this particular franchise, no. Divergent with Alien is one of the worst things that could happen to this already dead franchise. Ridley talked so much about how he dislikes all Alien sequels/crossovers including James Cameron's one, and how he shouldn't have let it go after first Alien, but looks like young adult Alien on the other hand is great for him, now we are cooking. Someone from his family should bring him to a good doctor ans check his mental health, and stop doing every dumb thing he wants to just because he's big guy in the industry.

I'm pretty damn sure Ridley's involvement in this is negligible. He produces lots of films and shows with zero involvement other than having his name attached and cashing his producers check.

In fact, Ridley is currently directing Sinking Spring on the other side of the world in Philadelphia. After that he will move into pre-production on Gladiator II. Previously he was very busy with Napoleon and the Samsung short film.
The problem is he approved this movie, he called Fede after recalling his pitch and asked him to do it, so he's still very much responsible for it.

Nightmare Asylum

It is 2023 and people are still hung up on Twilight?

Nukiemorph

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 04, 2023, 11:48:39 AMI'm pretty damn sure Ridley's involvement in this is negligible. He produces lots of films and shows with zero involvement other than having his name attached and cashing his producers check.

This. Far too many people are freaking out about Ridley's name being attached. It's not his story and his fingers won't be in the pie as much as they were with the prequels.

I just think some of us are making FAR too many assumptions about the story and tone based on a few actor headshots.

You're basically writing a negative review of a movie you've made in your head. I'm going to wait for the actual movie and critique that.

TomT

TomT

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 04, 2023, 12:03:05 PMIt is 2023 and people are still hung up on Twilight?
It was just random example of young adult stuff, nothing more than that. Hunger Games, Divergent, you name it.

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Mar 04, 2023, 12:22:37 PMThis. Far too many people are freaking out about Ridley's name being attached. It's not his story and his fingers won't be in the pie as much as they were with the prequels.
Covenant sequel wouldn't look bad at all compared to this and Howley TV show, I wish Ridley went nuts with it instead.
Quote from: Nukiemorph on Mar 04, 2023, 12:22:37 PMI just think some of us are making FAR too many assumptions about the story and tone based on a few actor headshots.
Actors with baby faces who look like teens with from high school melodramas, another generic Ripley clone, another generic setup, looks like more than enough information to me.
Quote from: Nukiemorph on Mar 04, 2023, 12:22:37 PMYou're basically writing a negative review of a movie you've made in your head. I'm going to wait for the actual movie and critique that.
It would be the case if the franchise didn't consistently disappoint and wasn't handled by incompetent morons at Fox for decades. Why should I wait for another movie to prove once again that water is wet and another Alien movie is a disappointment at best. Especially since it doesn't have anything going for it, no A-list director, no great cast plus terrible concept. Add to that much lower budget and streaming release, and there's no chance it could be good.

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Mar 04, 2023, 12:22:37 PMCovenant sequel wouldn't look bad at all compared to this and Howley TV show, I wish Ridley went nuts with it instead.

thats kind off what i was thinking. people will do  a remake of and then people will complain "same old same old". which takes us back to prometheus territory. and they will say maybe scott should have finished the story arc he wanted to tell. maybe its both: a scott story arc combined with a young adult touch. there was a book corporal and co discussed on a recent podcast. not sure if it was a young adult novel but it had a person who only recently discovered his sibling was a android. isnt that what the recent leaked auditions seemed to suggest? or was that the tv series?

i am hoping dan trachtenberg gets involved brings what made prey work to the table. be the first place i would go.

i keep thinking about the rex picket podcast. he siad there is literally hundreds of people in a (if remember correctly) 80 mile radius around los angeles that are so talented and have so many ideas that are brilliant that will never be known or never gets a chance.

many years ago i watched a ted talk about a list of scripts that was compiled by industry people - directors script writers actors producers - a few thousand people were involved and it is updated every so often. this list represented what people thought were the best scripts around. dont know if it exists anymore.

it is a pity a list like that doesnt exist for the alien and predator franchises. i mean the eu has many good stories. maybe some patreon supported project might do the trick.

just a thought.

426Buddy

Quote from: TomT on Mar 04, 2023, 12:51:51 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 04, 2023, 12:03:05 PMIt is 2023 and people are still hung up on Twilight?
It was just random example of young adult stuff, nothing more than that. Hunger Games, Divergent, you name it.

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Mar 04, 2023, 12:22:37 PMThis. Far too many people are freaking out about Ridley's name being attached. It's not his story and his fingers won't be in the pie as much as they were with the prequels.
Covenant sequel wouldn't look bad at all compared to this and Howley TV show, I wish Ridley went nuts with it instead.
Quote from: Nukiemorph on Mar 04, 2023, 12:22:37 PMI just think some of us are making FAR too many assumptions about the story and tone based on a few actor headshots.
Actors with baby faces who look like teens with from high school melodramas, another generic Ripley clone, another generic setup, looks like more than enough information to me.
Quote from: Nukiemorph on Mar 04, 2023, 12:22:37 PMYou're basically writing a negative review of a movie you've made in your head. I'm going to wait for the actual movie and critique that.
It would be the case if the franchise didn't consistently disappoint and wasn't handled by incompetent morons at Fox for decades. Why should I wait for another movie to prove once again that water is wet and another Alien movie is a disappointment at best. Especially since it doesn't have anything going for it, no A-list director, no great cast plus terrible concept. Add to that much lower budget and streaming release, and there's no chance it could be good.

Charming  ::)

xShadowFoxX

Mm. I have high hopes for the film. But I'm also expecting it to be a mediocre experience. I mean I love the Evil Dead remake. I love Don't Breathe. And honestly those are the only two of Alvarez's films that come to mind that I've actually watched.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: TomT on Mar 04, 2023, 11:38:22 AMDon't Breathe was an original film, not long established IP. Evil Dead remake is consistent with the original Evil Dead. So both are not good examples.

Why? They're literally directed by the guy who's making this new movie. So shouldn't that give some proof that he can handle a younger cast with this IP?

Yes, the previous entries in the Alien franchise may have been misses for you, but the guy who is making it has a good track record with casts like this. The new movie is under a completely different management than the previous films were before the merger and new people came in to take over.

Maybe wait and see before your imagination runs off and you make decisions when a movie hasn't even started filming yet?

Also, Sigourney had quite the baby face in Alien for the time.

Adam802

TomT

TomT

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 04, 2023, 05:52:17 PMWhy? They're literally directed by the guy who's making this new movie. So shouldn't that give some proof that he can handle a younger cast with this IP?
Just because he can handle a younger cast doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. This IP is not I Know What You Did Last Summer. Do you want to see, let's say, 2001: Space Odyssey sequel as a 90s teen slasher flick?
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 04, 2023, 05:52:17 PMYes, the previous entries in the Alien franchise may have been misses for you, but the guy who is making it has a good track record with casts like this.
I actually really liked Prometheus, with all its problems. Too bad it never got the actual sequel.
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 04, 2023, 05:52:17 PMThe new movie is under a completely different management than the previous films were before the merger and new people came in to take over.
And those new people somehow do even worse job than morons at Fox so far, incredible level of incompetence.

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 04, 2023, 05:52:17 PMMaybe wait and see before your imagination runs off and you make decisions when a movie hasn't even started filming yet?
No, thank you, not with this franchise. Just like you could see from a mile away that Paul Fiege's Ghostbusters is gonna be a massive failure even from the basic idea, you could see the same here. Why do you want to pretend that if Ridley himself with much stronger casts and concepts couldn't do it properly, as well as some films before that, then suddenly a teen slasher flick is gonna rock and ressurect dead franchise?
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 04, 2023, 05:52:17 PMAlso, Sigourney had quite the baby face in Alien for the time.
No, she didn't, like at all. She had a pretty adult woman face, she didn't look like a school teen like Spaeny and Merced do.

Stitch

Fede Alvarez has a good track record, and the plot says the cast are young adults, not that the movie is aimed at young adults. The leaked casting videos, as short as they are, also didn't give me the PG-13 vibe.

For now, I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt, and wait until we get more info.

Richman678

I think they are trying to re-produce Prey. If it's on par with the quality of Prey then I'm ok with this. However I'm less than happy with Aliens vs Teenagers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed