Fede Alvarez working on new Alien film!

Started by MudButt, Mar 04, 2022, 10:06:48 PM

Author
Fede Alvarez working on new Alien film! (Read 60,546 times)

Nelostic

Nelostic

I hope there will be David and Aliens attack on engineer's planet in final!

Thatguy2068

Should we be worried about this  Director because he made a couple of stinkers movies in the past

SiL

He's made some great tense movies.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Sep 15, 2023, 09:46:50 AMShould we be worried about this  Director because he made a couple of stinkers movies in the past

Fede Alvarez?

Not at all - quite the opposite actually. As a huge fan of 'The Evil Dead' I was incredibly apprehensive about anyone doing a remake (especially some guy with nothing behind his name at the time but a YouTube cgi demo showing robots attacking a city) - but Evil Dead 2013 (which thankfully turned out to be a reboot/sequel rather than a remake) was amazing! And I'm incredibly hard to please when it comes to Evil Dead.

I thought 'Don't Breathe' was a bit "ok but blah" - mainly because it had been so overhyped by the media that we were expecting something "out there" and when it turned out to be just
Spoiler
just the Turkey baster scene
[close]
I think my partner and I were "oh..was that it" but the film on its own merits wasn't bad at all (though I haven't seen the sequel).

In Netflix's 'Texas Chainsaw', Fede was back on form. Whilst the movie doesn't even begin to contend with the original, I feel it surpassed any of the sequels and reboots we'd had over the years and felt like the natural progression from the original (cast choices were on point!)

I had actually said in chat only days before the announcement that I'd love Fede to do an 'Alien' movie, as he handles established franchises he enjoys well... and then the announcement came that he was attached an I was overjoyed.

What are the stinkers you are referring to?

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Sep 15, 2023, 10:59:40 AM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Sep 15, 2023, 09:46:50 AMShould we be worried about this  Director because he made a couple of stinkers movies in the past

Fede Alvarez?

Not at all - quite the opposite actually. As a huge fan of 'The Evil Dead' I was incredibly apprehensive about anyone doing a remake (especially some guy with nothing behind his name at the time but a YouTube cgi demo showing robots attacking a city) - but Evil Dead 2013 (which thankfully turned out to be a reboot/sequel rather than a remake) was amazing! And I'm incredibly hard to please when it comes to Evil Dead.

I thought 'Don't Breathe' was a bit "ok but blah" - mainly because it had been so overhyped by the media that we were expecting something "out there" and when it turned out to be just
Spoiler
just the Turkey baster scene
[close]
I think my partner and I were "oh..was that it" but the film on its own merits wasn't bad at all (though I haven't seen the sequel).

In Netflix's 'Texas Chainsaw', Fede was back on form. Whilst the movie doesn't even begin to contend with the original, I feel it surpassed any of the sequels and reboots we'd had over the years and felt like the natural progression from the original (cast choices were on point!)

I had actually said in chat only days before the announcement that I'd love Fede to do an 'Alien' movie, as he handles established franchises he enjoys well... and then the announcement came that he was attached an I was overjoyed.

What are the stinkers you are referring to?
I actually did some more research and I found out that he only made 5 movie in total and a TV show, 3 movie and the tv show was received praise. the only movies, they receive bad reviews is Texas chainsaw and a girl in a spider web, and that's about it.

Mike’s Monsters

So therefore, his track record is mostly positive and any claims that we should be worried shouldn't hold any weight.

skhellter

nope.
Evil Dead is incredible and ferocious.
full trust atm.

The Cruentus

To be fair, even directors who have done great works can screw the franchise, Ridley Scott's prometheus and Covenant for example. Well made movies but lore and continuity wise...yeah, not great. My opinion though.

PortugueseXeno

The first teaser/trailer for Alien Covenant was released on the Christmas of the year before its theatrical release, so it sure would be nice to see something like that happen with Romulus too.

Although, i'm not sure if the teaser/trailer was hinted or it was simply release as a surprise "christmas gift".

SiL

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Dec 23, 2023, 12:36:38 PMThe first teaser/trailer for Alien Covenant was released on the Christmas of the year before its theatrical release, so it sure would be nice to see something like that happen with Romulus too.

Although, i'm not sure if the teaser/trailer was hinted or it was simply release as a surprise "christmas gift".
There were a series of still images released, one a day, leading up to it.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: SiL on Dec 23, 2023, 01:10:48 PM
Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Dec 23, 2023, 12:36:38 PMThe first teaser/trailer for Alien Covenant was released on the Christmas of the year before its theatrical release, so it sure would be nice to see something like that happen with Romulus too.

There were a series of still images released, one a day, leading up to it.

Damn, i guess, there goes the little hope i had.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

True, but Covenant's release date was 12 May, 4 months after Christmas. Romulus is only releasing  16 August, more than 7 months after Christmas.

I think Alien Day might be more likely for it's first trailer, but you never know.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 23, 2023, 05:52:14 PM

True, but Covenant's release date was 12 May, 4 months after Christmas. Romulus is only releasing  16 August, more than 7 months after Christmas.

I think Alien Day might be more likely for it's first trailer, but you never know.

You are most likely right, but i am gonna keep coping and trying to manifest it into existence.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

I can tell you we don't have a trailer cut or near ready to go yet. It's gonna be a little while more before we see something. Like I've hinted, most likely closer to Spring, and at the earliest, sometime in early 2024.

We had known the Christmas drop was coming when Covenant started its marketing. We'd had hints and teasers dropped. I know for a fact they have only just started discussing some of the marketing and it's only just starting the building process there. We won't have trailers or posters until then, which again, is probably early spring time.

skhellter

so it's dropping on christmas day.

got it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed