Alien: Romulus Casts David Jonsson, Archie Renaux, Spike Fearn, and Aileen Wu

Started by Predalien39, Mar 03, 2023, 09:34:45 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Casts David Jonsson, Archie Renaux, Spike Fearn, and Aileen Wu (Read 24,980 times)

TomT

TomT

Sigourney looked her age, she looks good late 20s there. Cailee and Merced look 14. This is not the same thing. What's the point in dancing around with this reaching nonsense "we haven't seen lighting/makeup/clothes/camera angles yet" when they are clearly going in very specific direction with the cast, this is not a coincedence, trades mentioned it's about young cast too. What this cast actually reveals is concept/direction they are going to with this movie, not quality of the final product, you either like this concept or not. I obviously greatly dislike this direction over all stories that could be made and not gonna repeat my rant, but it's ok if you like young adult direction for the franchise, there's no shame in admiting that, there are people who liked Requiem because of nasty gore and makeup, so it's ok.

Mike’s Monsters

Nothing tells me that this film won't be the most visceral or intense entry in the franchise either.

We really don't know much, and just because the cast is young, doesn't mean the movie will be soft or made for the younger audiences. We still know so little about the actual film itself. It literally might deliver what many fans have been wanting for years, visually and plot wise.

From things that I've seen, it seems that it'll hit that mark if the execution is done right.

It's all just a wait and see situation at this moment. And I'm excited for sure.

SiL

Alvarez has a good track record with tense, violent movies.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: SiL on Mar 13, 2023, 08:39:58 PMAlvarez has a good track record with tense, violent movies.

Exactly. The guy who has most say has a good resume, which tells me to have some faith for now. Until I see any actual film from the movie, I can't judge.

TomT

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 13, 2023, 08:24:31 PMWe really don't know much, and just because the cast is young, doesn't mean the movie will be soft or made for the younger audiences.
Well, those Friday The 13th movies weren't PG either :)

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 13, 2023, 08:24:31 PMIt literally might deliver what many fans have been wanting for years, visually and plot wise.
But what many fans actually wanted for years? Because as far as I'm aware, different sections of fanbase wanted completely different things. One section wants Covenant sequel. The other section wants Prometheus sequel. Other section wants alternate Alien 3/Aliens sequel. Another section wants Alien: Isolation movie adaptation. Another wants another crack at Alien vs Predator. And maybe there's a very small section that wants Alien: Resurrection sequel with Ripley clone. From what we know, Romulus doesn't fit any of those directions.

Cosmic Incubation

I think there's a difference between desired film premise and desired film elements.

There are key elements that every fan would expect out of any entry in the franchise, no matter the premise. Whether it's a Prometheus sequel or a Isolation adaptation, there's a pretty common set of base core elements that they look for in any entry.

While it may or may not be the Prometheus/Covenant sequel that some of us do or don't want. I think majority of fans will be happy with a new entry as long as it's competently made and faithful to those core elements of the franchise. Discredit Prey all you want, but that's basically why so many were satisfied with that, in relation to the Predator films.

Exception for those who are just determined to hate a film from the beginning, and probably wouldn't admit it if the film actually does turn out to be good  :)

TomT

Prey is ok, not great, not bad. Predators already did "return to roots" and wasn't met with anywhere near this kind of acclaim despite similar quality, similar problems and stronger cast. And I liked Predators concept more, especially its reversed character dynamics which was kind of smart change.

There were a couple of movies where I was really sceptical, but which turned out to be good and I admitted I was wrong. I highly doubt it's gonna happen here, I'm not gonna play "wait and see" game with the franchise that consistently delivered mixed bags at best for almost 4 decades, that's ridiculous, it's hard to find something more incompetent than this.

Also Cameron was extremely smart when he did Aliens, most directors would just copypaste first film, but he knew it's not gonna work if he wanted to reach that impossible level, so he changed the genre, built on the original variables and expanded the universe in the most compelling way possible. If Romulus is another "back to roots" where it's just copypaste of the original and doesn't add anything new/compelling to its lore, but this time with kids, I don't see how it's not gonna be another mixed bag at best, there's nothing going for it.

SiL

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 13, 2023, 08:41:26 PMUntil I see any actual film from the movie, I can't judge.
I like to live in denial and believe the movie could be awful . Or it could be good. Or it could be completely middling.

I'm such a hopeless optimist

RIP77

David Jonsson  protagonist in  new movie with 98%/8.2.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/rye_lane

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 06, 2023, 11:06:05 AM
Quote from: Necronomicon II on Mar 06, 2023, 06:31:30 AMAliens: Wraith featured a pretty young cast... ;D

Also haven't seen this mentioned but it appears this chap will be playing a role as well, he doesn't appear too young, you're welcome -

https://twitter.com/REKKHAN/status/1618460115195293699?s=20

Peace,
Necro II and MUTHUR

I saw a good few posts from him about Romulus over Jan. I think he was just talking about auditioning.

Aye, yeah you're probably on the money there.

ralfy

He had to change the genre because horror in the first movie involved a slow reveal of the creature.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed