Alien: Romulus Casts David Jonsson, Archie Renaux, Spike Fearn, and Aileen Wu

Started by Predalien39, Mar 03, 2023, 09:34:45 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Casts David Jonsson, Archie Renaux, Spike Fearn, and Aileen Wu (Read 24,997 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

We've had space truckers, space marines, space convicts, space pirates, space scientists and space dumb-ass colonists. What's wrong with a few space spring-chickens?  ;D

Kradan

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 12, 2023, 10:29:55 AMspace scientists and space dumb-ass colonists

I take issue with that characterization

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 12, 2023, 11:14:42 AM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 12, 2023, 10:29:55 AMspace scientists and space dumb-ass colonists

Take it up with Jimbo. Issues with spring-chicken characterizations can be taken up with "I'm no spring chicken" Riddles.  :P

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 12, 2023, 12:20:11 PM

Take it up with Jimbo. Issues with spring-chicken characterizations can be taken up with "I'm no spring chicken" Riddles.  :P

Good luck with that, Kradan!

T Dog

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 12, 2023, 10:29:55 AMWe've had space truckers, space marines, space convicts, space pirates, space scientists and space dumb-ass colonists. What's wrong with a few space spring-chickens?  ;D

I've always thought it waa funny that the Space scientists were the dumbest of the lot.
I wonder what occupation the space spring chickens will have? Evidence shows that the more blue collar they are, the more intelligent and relatable they'll be.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: T Dog on Mar 12, 2023, 01:49:05 PMI've always thought it waa funny that the Space scientists were the dumbest of the lot.
I wonder what occupation the space spring chickens will have? Evidence shows that the more blue collar they are, the more intelligent and relatable they'll be.

Sounds like they may be salvagers. So pretty high-brow types within the Alienverse.

Funny, remember back when that Sydney newspaper article was published about the "hundreds" of marijuana plants that Ridley had ordered for the Covenant's hydroponics set?

And we all thought we were getting Space Hippies next.  :laugh:

T Dog

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 12, 2023, 02:07:44 PM
Quote from: T Dog on Mar 12, 2023, 01:49:05 PMI've always thought it waa funny that the Space scientists were the dumbest of the lot.

Sounds like they may be salvagers. So pretty high-brow types within the Alienverse.

Funny, remember back when that Sydney newspaper article was published about the "hundreds" of marijuana plants that Ridley had ordered for the Covenant's hydroponics set?

And we all thought we were getting Space Hippies next.  :laugh:

That was just for Ridley's own personal use on the shoot!

Kradan

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 12, 2023, 12:20:11 PM

Huh ?

Anyway, why are "colonists" being labeled "dumb-ass" while so-called "scientists" aren't ? Hope this clears that up

T Dog

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 12, 2023, 02:07:44 PM

Might they be a bunch of young horny Arcturians?

Kradan

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 12, 2023, 03:09:29 PMI have no idea man, ask Spunkmeyer.

What ? Huh ? Ah ? Wha-

Oh. I get it

[cancerblack]

Not really, that matches up perfectly with my IRL experience with scientists the second you get them away from their niche specialty.

BIOROBOT

Not immediately writing this project off after seeing headshots of the cast isn't being in denial, its simply being grown enough to realize that cast head shots tell us jack about how this flick is actually going to turn out. Romulus could be bad, it could be good we don't know yet. And that's the point, we don't know.

Mike’s Monsters

We are all so used to Sigourney as Ripley at this point, but I wonder if ALIEN were made today that individuals would be up in arms about it.

I did a quick search for headshots of Sigourney in 1978, when they'd be casting for Alien. I doubt many people could see her playing the hardened Ripley from this glamour shot, which is similar to our new spread of actors:

Yet you throw them on a set with proper direction, wardrobe, propping and lighting and it changes the way a person looks. Here's Sigourney testing for ALIEN:

Sigourney still looks like a baby to me in these photos, even if she is pushing 30. But I'm me, have my own opinions and can be totally wrong in this observation.

But this is coming from someone who films and photographs people as his daily job, so also speaking from experiences.

The amount of times I thought someone was not correct for something until I got them in front of the camera is something I've lost track of.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed