First Prometheus Clip Now Online!

Started by Darkoo, May 14, 2012, 03:36:39 PM

Author
First Prometheus Clip Now Online! (Read 45,879 times)

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: Predaker on May 14, 2012, 06:24:26 PM
Spoiler
LMG: "There... right there... God does not build in straight lines."
[close]

What is that supposed to mean?

The score from the frankenstein clip sounds a bit like the music Cvalda posted from that wolf movie.

Holloway and Shaw fight over whether the beings will be Gods or gods - real creators or just super smart beings.

He then points this out to stick it to Shaw. That and obviously it was made by something, as opposed to just the elements, so it would be a good bet that it would be there that they would find something.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Cvalda on May 14, 2012, 06:12:16 PM
Quote from: Eva on May 14, 2012, 06:09:56 PM
(clears throat)

♪♫ dum duuuuum ♪ daa daaaaa ♫♫♫ daaaaaaaaaaa ♫♫ booooom (deeep thumping sound) ♫♫ duuuum daaaa ♪♫ ....
...I hate it already >:(
:laugh: :P

:D
If I strip down and paint the musical chords all over myself and send you the pic, will you then like it, dammit (and will it get you into trouble at work) ?  :P

It sounds fine and fitting for the sequence, although it doesn't stand out like Goldsmiths score did, but people who expect this to be as anywhere as iconic as dat score, are delusional anyway...  ;)

@Predaker - the temples are aligned and there are 'lines' on the ground... a bit redundant comment, considering God/nature doesn't build temples with huge skull decorations either, to my knowledge

Cvalda

Cvalda

Spoiler
[close]

It means that it's a sign of intelligent life and not a random natural formation.

The score from the frankenstein clip sounds a bit like the music Cvalda posted from that wolf movie.
Do-wha? ???

Oh, you mean The Grey?

Infected

Infected

That clip was a little short......................................for a stormtrooper  ;D

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: Cvalda on May 14, 2012, 06:27:51 PM
Spoiler
[close]

It means that it's a sign of intelligent life and not a random natural formation.

Do-wha? ???

Oh, you mean The Grey?
Lol yea sorry, that movie.

That line from LMG makes me think he says other stuff like that. Maybe when they are getting ready for sleep he is all like, "see this toothbrush? God does not make these."

Symn

Symn

Hmpf... I'm not impressed.

Mainly cause of the dialogue and the acting. Janek says 'Prometheus has landed' like he's in a rap-video, or the voiceover of some godaweful Discovery-channel program. These people just don't seem like professionals at all. I can't stand Holloway already especially. Cocky, arrogant, hip. He's supposed to be a scientist?? I doubt if any crewmember is over 35.

Sorry...

maddriver

maddriver

Movies seem have very abrupt cuts nowadays. No mystery, no tension, no nothing. Just endless streams of information.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dZveoBfiww#noexternalembed

Edit: ^Oh well, it's the Spaceballs intro clip :) We break for nobody!

Qwertify

Qwertify

Time to take out the emergency tissues and call the Wahh-bulance.

As for the acting - I think most people would agree that it is top notch. I mean he's landing a ship, not overcoming a lisp to give a speech to inspire and instill hope in his countrymen.

thecaffeinatedone

Oh...um, hello. I was really, really nervous about the score for this movie but hearing the music in clip made me smile. I'm happy with everything except the incredibly terrible and obvious editing that itunes has done.

ryanjayhawk

A couple thoughts...

I get the sense that even this clip has been edited down... however, if you were the decision maker at Weyland and you had access to all the toys we have seen so far, wouldn't you map the planet?  Wouldn't you hold position around the planet and either using the ship or using a satellite try to figure out if there were areas of interest before setting down?  I mean they use the Red orbs to scan the interior if the temple, that have holograms showing the temple structure.  The clip makes it seem like they fly down into the atmosphere and then visually look for a place to land... Seems like a pretty backwards way of doing things.  I do understand though as previously stated that this clip looked edited down and the movie may address this issue.

I agree also about some of the dialogue from the clip as they land.  I'm hoping the flight crew comes off as capable and professional as they surely would be if this expedition were real.  Holloway I don't mind as I want the exploration crew to have some personality.

Symn

Symn

Quote from: Qwertify on May 14, 2012, 06:40:27 PM

As for the acting - I think most people would agree that it is top notch. I mean he's landing a ship, not overcoming a lisp to give a speech to inspire and instill hope in his countrymen.

I don't care what most people think. And I didn't say he should say it more 'epic' , as you are describing.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Don't worry, Symn, you're not alone in your dislike for LMG. A lot of us feel the same. ;)

CanisMajoris

Quote from: Symn on May 14, 2012, 06:45:34 PM

I don't care what most people think. And I didn't say he should say it more 'epic' , as you are describing.

How should it have sounded than?........  ::)

Symn

Symn

Quote from: Cvalda on May 14, 2012, 06:47:08 PM
Don't worry, Symn, you're not alone in your dislike for LMG. A lot of us feel the same. ;)

hah! good to know ;)

Quote from: CanisMajoris on May 14, 2012, 06:51:10 PM
Quote from: Symn on May 14, 2012, 06:45:34 PM

How should it have sounded than?........  ::)

well... i dunno, listen to radio chatter from the Apollo missions, or airport flight control to see what I mean. But hey.. this is 2 seconds from 123 minutes. We'll see right..

Eva

Eva

I think how this scene will play out in full lenght, will evoke Ridleys wish not to repeat himself and in that sense, I like that he's not mimicking the landing scene from Alien. We'll eventually judge how well it works/how epic it is when watched in context with the rest of the film, but for now, I'm glad that Ridley is trying something a bit different this time around.

Quote from: Cvalda on May 14, 2012, 06:47:08 PM

You can't fool me... I knooow you secret desires, even if you don't realize them yourself  :P ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed