First Alien: Isolation Screenshots

Started by ikarop, Dec 13, 2013, 08:22:23 AM

Author
First Alien: Isolation Screenshots (Read 51,910 times)

Powerloader

Quote from: Choirboy on Dec 13, 2013, 06:03:19 PM
Quote from: Powerloader on Dec 13, 2013, 05:55:44 PM
Cool.  I don't see one hint of James Cameron's rape of the franchise.

Interesting statement coming from someone with a username and profile picture from Cameron's only entry in the franchise...

Clever.  :laugh:

I just chose the username and avatar at random.  They mean nothing.

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: WinterActual on Dec 13, 2013, 06:18:23 PM
I am not falling into this again. We all remember the first AWESOME GORGEOUS A:CM screens ever released, and we all remember the final product.

^ I don't want to agree, but I feel I have to. It's sad, considering the concept renderings look so great, to think that they'll all probably go to a crappy game.  :'(

UDA

UDA

Looks like the picture with the cups might be in the medical room. Those glowing cylinder things on the wall were present in the first film in the labs. That thing in her hand looks like a precursor to the motion tracker from the second film, considering there's only one alien, I hope it useful in other situations. And those suits, the helmets look like the ones from the first film.

I doubt these are fakes, or even pre-renders. The technology is good enough to do it now, and they know they would be shooting themselves in the foot if they repeated the mistakes of ACM.

Dowly

Dowly

Quote from: thecaffeinatedone on Dec 13, 2013, 07:25:27 PM
I am not falling into this again. We all remember the first AWESOME GORGEOUS A:CM screens ever released, and we all remember the final product.

^ I don't want to agree, but I feel I have to. It's sad, considering the concept renderings look so great, to think that they'll all probably go to a crappy game.  :'(
Dunno, CA has been doing "niche" such (i.e. the TW series, not exactly AAA stuff). And after ACM, I think SEGA will be keeping a close eye on what's going on.

SpaceMarines

Like the look of this.

King Rathalos

Beautiful screen shots and seeing as this is being released on next-gen consoles hopefully they're real too. :P

UDA

UDA

The only thing about this game that bothers me is how they'll set it up. Where did the Alien come from in this game? Is it just going to be a bad coincidence that Amanda comes across the Xeno? Is she going to end up visiting the Direlect and that's how they get an Alien? Or was she actively looking for her mother (I don't like this idea, it spoils alot of potential that she could become a dynamic character displaying emotion if she ever realizes it's the same thing that got to her mom).

The fact that they are fighting clones and soldiers suggest to me the company knows about the alien. They possibly planted it?

I do like the concept of playing as Amanda, and that she's in the story, but it does raise eyebrows.

MrSpaceJockey

I don't see why it would be any less emotional for her to realize the alien she is fighting is the same thing that got to her mom, if the story is about Amanda finding her mom (I hope that will in fact be the route theyre going with because thats the most logical way to justify Amanda's encounter with the alien).

Personally, with the premise already given, i like the idea most of Amanda uncovering some sort of Weyland Yutani conspiracy in her efforts to follow the footprints of the Nostromo. Maybe there could be themes of accepting death through Amanda's acceptance of her mother's disappearance. It could still be touching, assuming they don't f**k it up, which is a big worry of all of us I think.

SpaceMarines

I personally hope there's no big Wey-Yu conspiracy. That's a plot line that's been grossly overused in both EU and fanfiction, and makes the Company into something much too similar to the utterly and laughably ridiculous Umbrella Corporation from RE.

I like my Wey-Yu as it was portrayed in the films. No big conspiracies, no evil plots for world domination, just a corporate entity concerned with maximum profit.

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: Dowly on Dec 13, 2013, 07:49:05 PM
Quote from: thecaffeinatedone on Dec 13, 2013, 07:25:27 PM

Dunno, CA has been doing "niche" such (i.e. the TW series, not exactly AAA stuff). And after ACM, I think SEGA will be keeping a close eye on what's going on.

Okay, okay, maybe I'm being a little bit too harsh, but can you blame me? And TW isn't too "niche-ey". You're also talking about real-time-strategy/real-time-tactics games vs a horror exploration game, which I'm not sure they have much experience in. Their games recently have been good, but not the best games ever.

However now that I think about it, the fact that Sega is going through with this to a developer with no seeming experience in FPS's is interesting. Either they're really interested in what CA is capable of or they think that we're gullible enough to buy a bad game.

Xenomorphine

Interesting... Looks like they're going with an HD version of 'Clone Wars' stylisation.

Quote from: Xenoscream on Dec 13, 2013, 01:50:54 PM
Jesus please let them use the Giger Alien design. If they do it will actually be the first time we have seen it in media since the movie!

Has, actually. Most notably, in the last AVP game's multiplayer and 'Colonial Marines'. There are quibbles with individual aspects, but the design teams were still aiming for it.

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Dec 13, 2013, 08:40:53 PM
I personally hope there's no big Wey-Yu conspiracy. That's a plot line that's been grossly overused in both EU and fanfiction, and makes the Company into something much too similar to the utterly and laughably ridiculous Umbrella Corporation from RE.

I like my Wey-Yu as it was portrayed in the films. No big conspiracies, no evil plots for world domination, just a corporate entity concerned with maximum profit.

I actually agree with you completely - I can pretty much say I hate the cartoonish evil representation in some of the EU stuff (considering most of the evil company stuff in the movies were done by individuals) At the same time, however, since I'm not really considering this movie level canon anyway (unless it really impresses me), I'd be interested in seeing their interpretation of the scumbag behind order 937 or other stuff related to Ash.

SpaceMarines

I'm not considering this canon with the movies, either. I just mean, from a narrative standpoint, I hope this game doesn't go into Evil Company territory. Something surrounding the Burke-esque scumbag behind 937 could have potential, though, without delving into Evil Inc. country.

UDA

UDA

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Dec 13, 2013, 08:28:42 PM
I don't see why it would be any less emotional for her to realize the alien she is fighting is the same thing that got to her mom, if the story is about Amanda finding her mom (I hope that will in fact be the route theyre going with because thats the most logical way to justify Amanda's encounter with the alien).

Personally, with the premise already given, i like the idea most of Amanda uncovering some sort of Weyland Yutani conspiracy in her efforts to follow the footprints of the Nostromo. Maybe there could be themes of accepting death through Amanda's acceptance of her mother's disappearance. It could still be touching, assuming they don't f**k it up, which is a big worry of all of us I think.

I didn't mean less emotional.

The Alien games are full of flat, unchanging characters, and for me it's becoming a turn off. I'd like to see Amanda encounter the alien, then later realize it had something to do with her mom, I don't care how. That way there can be some dynamic emotional progression with the character, we could see her become depressed, even more afraid, shocked, angry, something...

Think of Hudson, complete badass, right? Until he actually encountered the alien, then his attitude changed. That's the sort of thing I want to see happen in the games.

So I think that Amanda searching for her mom and knowing about the alien at the start is a wasted opportunity. The games have never been strong with their stories, emotional overtones and such (I remember watching an interview withe the writer for ACM, that guy seemed more concerned with selling the story rather than letting it sell itself. I've been in the publishing business, and I've met enough of his type to know they are trying to protect themselves because they know their work isn't up to par, and isn't going to earn them recognition, or worse, receive bad reviews. Across all board, novels, magazines, movies, ect, there's a strong standard of 'Get better or get out', everyone is replaceable, and I think that's what the ACM writer was protecting himself against).

In ACM, the guy and his girlfriend, when she died, he did change some, his motivation changed, but his emotions and attitude was basically the same prior to when it happened. A wasted opportunity. I just don't want to see that happen again.

MrSpaceJockey

Why would Amanda know about the alien from the start? She wouldn't, all she knows is that her mom went to space and never came back.  So I'm imagining a story where Amanda looks for what happened to her mother, comes across the alien, THEN realizes the connection between Ripley Sr. and the xenomorph.  I too would like to see more dynamic development in these characters and hopefully Sega will take opportunity of the potential here.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed