New Footage Shown at CinemaCon!

Started by Anthony, Mar 30, 2017, 06:10:52 PM

Author
New Footage Shown at CinemaCon! (Read 48,773 times)

Dangerous Days

Do me a favour guys and leave my comment out when responding to what skhellter wrote. I'd prefer not be associated with that kind of comment and it's already been edited in a way to make it look as if I wrote it.

So no definitive answer for us until the film then.

Would of liked to have found out if these claims about a different humanoid race are true, or just a misinterpretation of what those who attended were seeing.

Tonyhartmorph

Tonyhartmorph

fernandito, you have the choice to not preview and analyse every tiny morsel they throw out there. Stop blaming Scott and stop moaning. If you feel as though you have had the film ruined for you there is only one person to blame.

To be honest if you were they type of person that read Starlog or Fangoria back in the day, they would spoil the shit out of films with behind the scenes photos and set reports. Nothing has changed.

salomonj

salomonj

Shoot. That's a real shame we won't get to see the trailer

rabidranger

Quote from: The_Foxcatcher on Mar 31, 2017, 04:38:36 PM
Quote from: rabidranger on Mar 31, 2017, 03:06:19 PM
Quote from: The_Foxcatcher on Mar 31, 2017, 01:41:07 PM
Quote from: Cavalorn on Mar 31, 2017, 01:22:58 PM
Oh crikey this is exciting. Taps right into the whole religious theme that began with Prometheus, but not in the sucky way I'd feared.

And it adds some serious context to the word 'Covenant', too.

Spoiler

Much like the Biblical myth of the flood, David destroys the engineers in a deluge. But instead of a rain of water, it's a rain of black goo. And instead of God setting his rainbow arch in the sky as a sign, we've got the crescent-shaped Juggernaut.

"The gods have rejected mankind as cruel, weak and full of greed... they are a dying species, grasping for resurrection."

I'll just add that to the mountain of blatant Space Jesus references...
[close]

Looks like such a cheap cop-out!

I mean David simply bombs them for what? It was clear by the end of Prometheus that Shaw wanted to know the 'why' answer. She went to learn more. Not to kill the Engineers. And why would David want to kill the Engineers, if it was his sole decision? He is least bothered to save humans on Earth. He was curious robot and wanted to learn and understand the Engineers universe. He was enjoying so much in exploring the juggernaut, hologram recordings, understanding and decoding their language etc. Why would he want to destroy them and all and choose to live alone just to create demons out of the black goo? All alone!

It's way out of the characters of David and Shaw. Can't digest it!

How is this out of character for David? While he demonstrated admiration for the Engineer tech he seemed to have a degree of contempt for both the Engineers and humanity.

Quote from: Rudiger on Mar 31, 2017, 02:56:03 PM
Can't say I'm overly excited.

For me, two of the greatest things about Alien were the alien itself (and the way it was shot), and the whole mystery surrounding the space jockey and all those damn eggs. Both were so "other worldly"...apart from the final man-in-suit shot. I'm finding that the more things are explained, the less interesting they have become.

After Aliens, the law of diminishing returns most definitely applies. Cameron delivered the perfect sequel, and I wish it had ended there. Nothing since has been anywhere near as good, IMHO of course.

Oh well.

So, you don't want any answers or just don't like the answers we're getting?

Oh really?

What makes you think he had a degree of contempt towards both humans and the engineers?

Just because he experimented on Holloway who always acted as a disrespectful dick to David or just because one mad engineer ripped his head off?

Does that make David simply blow off the whole engineer civilization without even exchanging a dialog with them?

Well, you have certainly provided more evidence for my position than yours. It's clear that David is in God-mode. Humanity isn't worthy and the Engineers as their creators aren't worthy either. This is an exercise by David to create something greater than both.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: newagescamartist on Mar 31, 2017, 10:00:34 AM
If you absolutely hate the idea of David being the creator of the xenomorph, just take a deep breath. He isn't the creator of the catalyst aka the black goo. We know that deacons and other type of monstrosities existed prior. The black goo actually expanded the Alien universe to explore even bigger mysteries. It's still Alien. In many way it's even more Alien, since we might be witnessing an A.I. being born and then creating his own monsters. The creation of an A.I. is certainly alien in my book. And besides, this cements the Alien series as being the premiere Gnostic movie series. Prometheus gave us Sophia, and now we're going to see the Demiurge create his archons. Good stuff ahead.
This^^^^^ well said man!

The Alien Predator

Quote from: rabidranger on Mar 31, 2017, 06:23:18 PM
Oh crikey this is exciting. Taps right into the whole religious theme that began with Prometheus, but not in the sucky way I'd feared.

Spoiler

Much like the Biblical myth of the flood, David destroys the engineers in a deluge. But instead of a rain of water, it's a rain of black goo. And instead of God setting his rainbow arch in the sky as a sign, we've got the crescent-shaped Juggernaut.

"The gods have rejected mankind as cruel, weak and full of greed... they are a dying species, grasping for resurrection."

[close]

I mean David simply bombs them for what? It was clear by the end of Prometheus that Shaw wanted to know the 'why' answer. She went to learn more. Not to kill the Engineers. And why would David want to kill the Engineers, if it was his sole decision? He is least bothered to save humans on Earth. He was curious robot and wanted to learn and understand the Engineers universe. He was enjoying so much in exploring the juggernaut, hologram recordings, understanding and decoding their language etc. Why would he want to destroy them and all and choose to live alone just to create demons out of the black goo? All alone!

How is this out of character for David? While he demonstrated admiration for the Engineer tech he seemed to have a degree of contempt for both the Engineers and humanity.

For me, two of the greatest things about Alien were the alien itself (and the way it was shot), and the whole mystery surrounding the space jockey and all those damn eggs. Both were so "other worldly"...apart from the final man-in-suit shot. I'm finding that the more things are explained, the less interesting they have become.

After Aliens, the law of diminishing returns most definitely applies. Cameron delivered the perfect sequel, and I wish it had ended there. Nothing since has been anywhere near as good, IMHO of course.

Oh well.

Oh really?

What makes you think he had a degree of contempt towards both humans and the engineers?

Just because he experimented on Holloway who always acted as a disrespectful dick to David or just because one mad engineer ripped his head off?

Does that make David simply blow off the whole engineer civilization without even exchanging a dialog with them?

Well, you have certainly provided more evidence for my position than yours. It's clear that David is in God-mode. Humanity isn't worthy and the Engineers as their creators aren't worthy either. This is an exercise by David to create something greater than both.

Plus David's "mortal afterall" quote in Prometheus when the Engineer's head explodes helps give us a glimpse at a slight disappointment in him about them.

And when Holloway says how they're going to ask the Engineers why they made us, he turns it around and says "why did you make me?", already viewing Engineers and humans as literally the same thing. Neither superior than the other.

Tonyhartmorph

Tonyhartmorph

"maybe someone at Fox can give this franchise back to Walter Hill and Giler"

What the hell are you on about? At the most the best thing they did is introduce the idea of Androids into the series. They don't really have any input other than script changes regarding the budget restrictions on Alien, Creatively they have little influence. They just automatically get producer credits. So what do you mean by giving the franchise "back to Walter Hill and Giler"? They are the two mainly responsible for cutting a load of 'superfluous elements' out of alien due to budget wrangling.in the first place.

I'll choose to ignore your other obnoxious comment. You're obviously a refugee from another website, most likely seeking your daily dose of attention seeking here now.

P.s AvPG you might want to be aware of that, because before you know it, they will be on top of this place.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Maybe David just realizes, with his infinite intelligence, that mankind is indeed a destructive bacteria and rightfully wants to destroy it all. maybe wiping out the engineers was just practice to see if it would work. Either way, i for one think the direction with david is brilliant. And for the guy that said he wanted Ridley to die, you're and asshole, f**k you

chris_bert

I think I would be okay with the the direction the film is going with regard to David based on the screening leaks and reviews we've been hearing about (along with Riddles' commentaries in the interviews) if...

Spoiler
the story moved along the lines with David being able to re-create or resurrect the xenomorphs as weapons and he plans on actively destroying humans because we are unworthy. He decides to raise an army of xenomorphs and he leads this army in the destruction of mankind...where he's sort of a commander figure in a fight or war he sees worth waging. E.g., if he was planning on leading an army of xenomorphs to actively destroy us humans and he needed to lure, steal, and commandeer people and ships to do this and it's done with some type of epic battles between humans and xenos, etc. I think that might be rather interesting. If he's just going to re-create the xenomorphs as a weapon and then leave them for humans to stumble across so the unlucky humans are killed off in small numbers...it kind of makes for a weak story plot. If on the other hand he sees himself as some type of messiah on a mission to destroy the evil that is mandkind and he leads a war against us with his xeno army, that would be interesting and could span several films. I would definitely find this more interesting as a character type for David than what's floating around in my head.
[close]

The suspense is really building and I can't wait to hear what people think when the film is released.

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Mar 31, 2017, 06:25:57 PM
Quote from: rabidranger on Mar 31, 2017, 06:23:18 PM

Spoiler

[close]

Oh well.

Oh really?

Plus David's "mortal afterall" quote in Prometheus when the Engineer's head explodes helps give us a glimpse at a slight disappointment in him about them.

And when Holloway says how they're going to ask the Engineers why they made us, he turns it around and says "why did you make me?", already viewing Engineers and humans as literally the same thing. Neither superior than the other.
Later in the movie when he's talking about the engineers he literally says "a superior species, no doubt.", though.

fernandito

Good thing to know we won't be getting a trailer about this.

I'd say this scene won't be in the theatrical cut either. Smells to me to deleted scenes material for the bluray version

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: fernandito on Mar 31, 2017, 07:50:02 PM
Good thing to know we won't be getting a trailer about this.

I'd say this scene won't be in the theatrical cut either. Smells to me to deleted scenes material for the bluray version
That would be a really stupid move. But I can see it happening.  :D

fernandito

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 31, 2017, 07:57:58 PM
I think removing this scene would be a good decision just as It was removing all the Hadley's Hope scenes from Aliens too

Denton Smalls

Quote from: fernandito on Mar 31, 2017, 08:03:38 PM
Quote from: Evanus on Mar 31, 2017, 07:57:58 PM
I think removing this scene would be a good decision just as It was removing all the Hadley's Hope scenes from Aliens too

??

Why would they promote a film coming out in less than 2 months by screening footage for journalists to report on......that wasn't in the actual movie?

zoidy

zoidy

Why would they go to the trouble of cutting a show reel of scenes for CinemaCon ... knowing they wouldn't be in the film?

Seriously.

What Denton said  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed