AvP PC, X360 & PS3 Demo OUT NOW

Started by ikarop, Feb 04, 2010, 12:39:41 AM

Author
AvP PC, X360 & PS3 Demo OUT NOW (Read 49,115 times)

Roargathor

Roargathor

Spoon.....  This is the demo.  Death match is very 90s. Nobody will be playing ffa death match in the released version. I'm telling you, even if you could crouch, you'd be dead.  Aliens would see you hiding and TAIL RAPE YOUR ASS.  You think this is COD.  You can't sit there and hide like a bitch.  You gotta keep moving.  If you play this game like its another FPS you're gonna get raped.  Thats why you cry.

Silkysilly

Silkysilly

This crouch whining is pissing me off. What the hell would you need crouch for in this game. An alien and a pred would still see you crouched behind a little box trying to camp cod style. And for a defensive point of view it would only be any good if you was a marine against a marine. A pred or alien would be on your ass before you had time to pop up and down. What next will you complain about the lack of a perk system.

And that review that that ben reeves wrote for GI is the biggest loads of bollocks ive ever heard. Has he even played the game. The demo alone is awesome i can only imagine what the full game will be like. The pred is to stealthy ha the alien is disorienting ha thers no ADS for the marine (well i made that up) lol. What a twat!!!  He must be missing his wii or is such a cod fanboy hes scared AVP will take its crown.

Roargathor

Roargathor

Damn strait silk!

jjay78

jjay78

Really enjoying the demo, didn't think I'd be playing as the alien so much though. The stealth kills are sooooo satisfying!
 I'm a bit disappointed with the predator but I will reserve judgement until we can play the rest of the maps in the full game because it seems that the refinery really suits the alien.  I've had mixed success with the Marine, shotty is next to useless! The map is way too dark for the poxy flashlight to make much difference.  Been enjoying playing as teams (no species on species killing) makes the species specific mp modes even more anticipated! Add me, psn id : jjay78 if you want to play!

Zingalien

Zingalien

@MatMaster - A few times while playing the demo the people I was playing with agreed to not kill people of the same species so we did a sudo teamDM. I managed to kill an entire team of four Marines twice without dying and without the help of the other aliens. They were in the large open area hanging out by the Smartgun. Needless to say an Alien is fast enough and deadly enough that one Pounce and Swipe will kill a marine. Predator takes alittle more.

I did notice one thing that kinda ticked me off about the demo. The predator Heavy Attack on the Xbox360 somehow hits you no matter what if you are infront of them. I was up in the rafters fighting a pred as an alien and he was doing a heavy attack so I went to the bottom on the rafters and still got hit even though I was below him. Now I just maul preds quickly and don't allow for the heavy attack.

SPECIAL FORCES

I think the smartgun should be a bit more powerfull.

jjay78

jjay78

@prodigy211
Haven't had it long enough to try it out properly   :(  

jjay78

jjay78

Anyone know what the mp modes will be?

MatMaster

MatMaster

@Zingalien - I think the players who know how to use the block. This combat system is too static for aliens

Zingalien

Zingalien

I personally don't find the combat too static, it is defiantly different compared to the just run and claw of the previous two games. I for one find it a nice change. I do agree that its hard to take out a marine that does know how to block properly just because when go for a heavy attack they can mow you down. But from my experience you never run at a marine head on anyway. Always go from the back or above and pounce on them. Other then that it is just like Rock Paper Scissors except you can see exactly what they are using so you can react accordingly.

None the less if you got the demo on xbox360 add me RonnyRobotPants. Me and my roommate are always down for some killing.

[MM]

[MM]

Hope they fix that massive delay when you shoot from a gun/pulserifle, to the bullet hitting the wall.. you can stand right in front of a wall and shoot and the bullet hits 2 seconds later LOL...

Drakolowe

Drakolowe

damn this blocking shit plus counterin is so f**kin hard to master. if anyone knows how.i'd be greatful if thy'd try explain this to me.    :)  

Zingalien

Zingalien

@Drakolowe Ok simple Rock Paper Scissors scheme.

Heavy Attack>Block
Block>Light Attack
Light Attack>Heavy Attack

When countering if you notice they are swinging their hand back or tail in case of alien do a light attack otherwise try and block a lot. When you block a light attack you have one of two options. Either a light attack or a heavy attack. The heavy attack is faster after you block someone thereby making a counter. Also recommend when you are playing as a Pred or Alien use your focus and when you have someone in your focus (Red crap around people for pres, green for aliens) use your light attack making you leap at them and stunning them for a quick second. After this you usually have enough time to do a quick attack and they should be dead. I've been playing this demo quite a bit in the last few days and usually end up with 22-28 kills by the end of the match as alien.

SPECIAL FORCES

+++:finally an avp game!!! when i played avp1 and avp2 the first day they were released i never thought IT WOULD BE ALMOST 10 YEARS FOR THE NEXT GAME!!!   >:(    

---:graphics could have been a bit better and why they changed the controls? marines should crouch,alien should
jump and hit at the same time from dinstance with 1 button as in avp2 and the predator should long jump as in avp2.i think the controls should have been the same as in avp2.
i haven't played the single player and i'm sure i will love it no matter because i love the alien,predator universe but i think it wont be better than avp1 or avp2 judging from the videos.   :-\    opinions?

Roargathor

Roargathor

Avp2 sucked.  quake+avp skins... Weak.  This game blows that POS into oblivion.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed