NECA's The Predator Figures

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 01, 2017, 01:20:37 PM

Author
NECA's The Predator Figures (Read 88,134 times)

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Samhain13

Samhain13

Damn. Neca can really make predator figures out of anything.

I'm still waiting from the ones from AVP2, they had some really cool designs in the game, but at least they made m'boy Scarface.

dHunter333

dHunter333

Looks fantastic cannot wait to see the 2nd one!

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Hm I thought for sure the next figure would be the PK. But I guess this makes more sense, they probably had the Emissary Predator done since last year.

They also did say "TBD" when someone asked about a PK figure. I figure that one would take longer since it would require a brand new sculpt and tooling.

Shaeffer11

Shaeffer11

Would they possibly include a maybe one scene in the home release of three scientist predators? I understand the vfx weren't completed but the scenes from the trailer with the APC are a possibilty

Rev44

Rev44

So glad this was cut from the film.  Unbelievably stupid concept.

Emissary: "So yeah, I may have access to sophisticated light-bending camouflage and plasma caster weaponry, but I'm a gonna wear these cammo pants and use this primitive earth weapon instead.

Kailem

Kailem

I was never entirely sure what the deal was with the camo outfits. I assume it's something the humans gave to them/created for them, rather what they had on when they came to Earth, for some reason?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd rationalised it as they've just been here that long. Their own clothing, equipment, whatever, was damaged in previous engagements or just over time and so they just made do with local substitutes.

Wysps

Wysps

Exactly. Never had an issue with it either. It would stand to reason that at some point, after living here for many years, their clothes would need to be replaced. I don't see them being picky with clothing. They'd probably use whatever was the most useful to them in the moment. Even it it was hideous camo  :P

Kailem

Kailem

Huh, I didn't know they were supposed to have been living here for years. I always assumed (having stayed well clear of any details from the leaked script prior to seeing the film) that they were meant to have come to Earth not long before Upgrade and Fugitive.

Was it stated at any point how long they were meant to have been here for? And how did the movie introduce them? The only thing I've ever heard is that they showed up during the cut APC chase sequence, but under what circumstances?

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

If they have been collaborating for a long time, the only reason I see is not to be confused in the field. They do miss their left gauntlet for some reason.

But wouldn't they have no need for any translating by the time Rory shows up?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/1051232663762276353?s=19

Looks like they are planning on doing both.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Rev44 on Oct 13, 2018, 02:12:34 PM

Emissary: "So yeah, I may have access to sophisticated light-bending camouflage and plasma caster weaponry, but I'm a gonna wear these cammo pants and use this primitive earth weapon instead.
As said: missing left gauntlet which housed the cloaking balls.

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

Quote from: skull-splitter on Oct 14, 2018, 03:13:57 PM
Quote from: Rev44 on Oct 13, 2018, 02:12:34 PM

As said: missing left gauntlet which housed the cloaking balls.

The cloaking balls I felt could have been another concept left out. I don't like seeing a Predator camouflaged without its helmet, it just seems.......wrong.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Agreed. Not saying what I think should happen, just bringing up the logic while designing the emissary's looks.

I fundamentally disagree with 80% of the choices in the film, yet still had a decent time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed