Aliens: Infiltrator - Weston Osche

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 16, 2019, 07:40:23 AM

Author
Aliens: Infiltrator - Weston Osche (Read 42,529 times)

Stitch

Stitch

#300
Quote from: DaniilLogOut on Aug 29, 2021, 08:26:56 PM
Corporal., do you know what takes me right out of the book ?

Lieutenant Percival  :P
Hahaha! Every time there's a reference I'm like 'Oh, there he is again! Dude gets around!'

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

#301
Oh it's not been that bad. I had one minor character in a book, and one spaceship in a book (with just a mention or two in the other two).  :laugh:

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

#302
Just listened! I believe the comic with the pheromone cloak was Harvest/Hive and they used it to sneak through the hive to steal that sweet jelly. Hicks said Stronghold which also has a synthetic alien but I don't think it had the pheromones in it although I don't remember much from that comic except Jeri the cigar smoking alien lol.

Edit: I checked and Stronghold also uses the pheromone collars (although they mention the scientist from Harvest that created it) so good call out Hicks!

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

#303
Dumb little observation that I just wanted to throw out:

I think Hoenikker being a wimp in the book is meant to be the beginning of an arc - an arc that's concluded with
*Fireteam Elite Spoiler*
Spoiler
him deciding to stand and fight alongside your fireteam in the final mission of the first campaign.
[close]

Stitch

Stitch

#304
Quote from: Nukiemorph on Sep 20, 2021, 06:23:39 PM
Dumb little observation that I just wanted to throw out:

I think Hoenikker being a wimp in the book is meant to be the beginning of an arc - an arc that's concluded with
Spoiler
him deciding to stand and fight alongside your fireteam
[close]
in the final mission of the first campaign of the game.
Might want to point out that that's a spoiler for the game, not the book. Since we're in the literature section and I've read the book I clicked the spoiler and got spoiled, because I haven't played the game.

426Buddy

You didn't miss much, while the story is decent, the narrative of the game is very very bare bones.


Nukiemorph

Quote from: Stitch on Sep 21, 2021, 02:18:53 PM
Might want to point out that that's a spoiler for the game, not the book. Since we're in the literature section and I've read the book I clicked the spoiler and got spoiled, because I haven't played the game.
I figured leaving "in the final mission of the first campaign of the game." outside of the spoiler would serve that purpose.

Stitch

Stitch

#307
Quote from: Nukiemorph on Sep 21, 2021, 02:38:04 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Sep 21, 2021, 02:18:53 PM
Might want to point out that that's a spoiler for the game, not the book. Since we're in the literature section and I've read the book I clicked the spoiler and got spoiled, because I haven't played the game.
I figured leaving "in the final mission of the first campaign of the game." outside of the spoiler would serve that purpose.
True, but I read through in order, and that wasn't until after the spoiler. Maybe not a big spoiler, but still.

Wweyland

I thought the game tied really nicely with the book, with Monica and all. Hopefully we get to explore Pala station as well.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

#309
I just wish Monica had been the focus of the book to be honest. I found there was just too much stuff going on, without the time for anything to really get the time it deserved. I would have loved a better focus on her, the personal conflict with Hoenikker in particular rather than the one chapter it got. She really was the
Spoiler
most unique thing in the game imho.
[close]

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

#310
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 22, 2021, 07:41:21 AM
I just wish Monica had been the focus of the book to be honest. I found there was just too much stuff going on, without the time for anything to really get the time it deserved. I would have loved a better focus on her, the personal conflict with Hoenikker in particular rather than the one chapter it got. She really was the
Spoiler
most unique thing
[close]
in
Spoiler
the game
[close]
imho.

Did you just put spoiler quotes around...

Spoiler
most unique thing?
[close]

I think Hicks has been sneaking sips from Voodoo's Vodka!  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, it's a spoiler for something in the game.

426Buddy

Not sure if saying Monica is
Spoiler
unique
[close]
is actually spoiling anything though?

Corporal Hicks

Just means that
Spoiler
she's actually in the game
[close]
which not everyone may know or want to know. Just being courteous, not calling anyone else out.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

#314
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 28, 2021, 08:15:05 AM
Just means that
Spoiler
she's actually in the game
[close]
which not everyone may know or want to know. Just being courteous, not calling anyone else out.

But your words outside the spoiler tag say...
"She really was the ***** in
Spoiler
the game
[close]
imho." which still tells everyone...

Spoiler
She's in the game!
[close]

Sidenote: Is there something wrong with me that I'm finding this conversation very entertaining?  ;D


Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed