Alien 5 to be "Genetic Sibling" to Alien & Aliens

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 25, 2015, 08:58:36 PM

Author
Alien 5 to be "Genetic Sibling" to Alien & Aliens (Read 79,918 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

What they need to do is come right out and clear away all of this bullshit. If they're making a new alien movie and it isn't coming after A|R then they should call it by it's real name: ALIEN 3. It's a retroactive abortion. That way everyone can start deleting the movie and burning the tapes. Just like it never happened. :P

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Let's be honest . Alien 3 was a bit of a mess . Alien resurrection was just wrong in every way . I'm happy with the direction this is going . let's have a proper gritty alien movie we deserve no silly slapstick stuff from resurrection, no crappy looking aliens , no plot holes and flaws and no more silly Ripley 8..

GQSioux

GQSioux

This whole thing is also a huge gamble. Neill is talking pretty big if he really is making an entry that will act as a new Alien 3. If that's the case, it better be damn good and live up to Aliens like he hints. Anything's possible. It's possible this could suck MORE than Alien Resurrection. If that ends up being the case, this will all be a huge waste, all in vain, with the timeline totally f**ked with for nothing. And we'll be back to square one with fans whining over yet another subpar Alien movie.

Intrepid-Traveler

Blomkamp is the best thing that could happen to this series. I think most people are undercutting how good this film could possibly be for the franchise.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I warned you guys: this fanfic shit is in. Terminator's doing the same.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Intrepid-Traveler on Feb 26, 2015, 08:47:38 AMBlomkamp is the best thing that could happen to this series.

Even as a fan of his, Blomkamp's track record is far from cemented. His first film was amazing, but his second - and I say this as someone who enjoyed it - was pretty mediocre. I get the feeling Chappie will either be a return to form or proof that he's a one-tick pony.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Blomkamp is a talented visualist and tech guy. Every film he's done since D9 leaves a lot to be desired. Elysium was awful and Chappie looks not great. All I've seen since his debut is a lot of bombast, tech fetishism, derivative action and Sharlto Copley. It got old after the first few rounds. I just hope he's got something in mind other than "Ripley + Hicks do Elysium".

Intrepid-Traveler

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 26, 2015, 08:50:16 AM
Quote from: Intrepid-Traveler on Feb 26, 2015, 08:47:38 AMBlomkamp is the best thing that could happen to this series.

Even as a fan of his, Blomkamp's track record is far from cemented. His first film was amazing, but his second - and I say this as someone who enjoyed it - was pretty mediocre. I get the feeling Chappie will either be a return to form or proof that he's a one-tick pony.

Haven't seen Elysium, but I from the people I've talked to they liked it enough. I think Chappie will be fantastic and I love that he's one of the only directors thats into the cyberpunk aspect of science fiction. The fact that he talked with Weaver and wanted to do an Alien film shows that the guy is a fan of the series, as well as the concept. I think this film with feature a return to the giger style and with how much transhuman morphing that went on in District 9, an Alien film would be a similar return to form.

Even if its a near carbon copy of Aliens, I really wouldn't mind that. 

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Intrepid-Traveler on Feb 26, 2015, 09:07:19 AMHaven't seen Elysium, but I from the people I've talked to they liked it enough.

As I said, I really liked it - more than most it would seem - but if you took away the flashy visuals there wasn't much left. It had none of the other substance that made District 9 such a fantastic action movie.

Quote from: Intrepid-Traveler on Feb 26, 2015, 09:07:19 AMI think Chappie will be fantastic and I love that he's one of the only directors thats into the cyberpunk aspect of science fiction.

I'm remaining optimistic about Chappie, although I've purposefully avoided looking into it ahead of release because I want to go in blind.

Quote from: Intrepid-Traveler on Feb 26, 2015, 09:07:19 AMEven if its a near carbon copy of Aliens, I really wouldn't mind that.

That's exactly what I don't want. I want a Blomkamp movie. In the same way the existing films are very much in the style of their respective directors.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 26, 2015, 09:15:59 AM
Quote from: Intrepid-Traveler on Feb 26, 2015, 09:07:19 AMEven if its a near carbon copy of Aliens, I really wouldn't mind that.

That's exactly what I don't want. I want a Blomkamp movie. In the same way the existing films are very much in the style of their respective directors.

Indeed. I'm with you there. And I think that Alienkamp will be a gorgeous looking film. Gorgeous as in how fantastic Neill's style of visuals are. That's one aspect I know I don't have to worry about.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Love ya, brah.  :P

Taxemic

I can't see the video as it's private. However I think this is good news. I'm not prepared to let go of Alien3 yet but f*** Ressurection.

Liberator

Liberator

Imagine if the main characters from Empire Strikes Back were just killed off for Return of the Jedi.  Aliens deserves a new sequel.  Just totally ignore Alien 3 and 4.

Bender

Bender

Thanks for clarifying that it is nowhere stated that it will rewrite Alien 3 and 4. IGN claimed it and and everybody keeps repeating it like the truth.
I like AlienĀ³ just as much as Alien and Aliens. All three movies formed a bleak narrative that actually dared to be different and shock it's audience. Alien 4 is not my favorite but I can accept that it exists and in my opinion it would be a giant cop out to "rewrite" Alien 3 and 4.
If Blomkamp is that good of a story teller, then he should be able to make something great out of the pre-existing material and should not take the easy way out and just set the new movie after Aliens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed