Changes in the AVP movies you would have made ?

Started by The Kurgan, Nov 09, 2018, 05:15:21 PM

Author
Changes in the AVP movies you would have made ? (Read 13,600 times)

The Kurgan

What are some changes in the AVP movies you would have made to improve the movie or movies more to your liking ?

Better lighting for AVPR, chestburster barfing und dreadlock-rasta-alien aside, I would have both of the movies set in space and would not have them connected like the two we got.

For the first i would have kept the plot of archeologists and billionaire sponsor searching ancient ruins but set it in space on the edge of the frontier where the ruins were discovered by settlers. Have the biollionaire also search for his legacy and trying to make a name for himself, but this time not an old one on the deadbed but why not a younger one trying to make a name for himself. Let him be one of multiple heirs to a corporate empire, with too much money, time and a sense for adventure.

I would skip the whole teenage predators on their first hunt angle. Just take a regular hunting party of 5 predators visiting an ancient hunting ground.

Also no shape shifting pyramid, outdoor action this time.

I would give the predators the naginata like weapons they use in some of the comics. It seems to be the perfect weapon to engage an alien in close combat. The reach of a spear, a heavy blade to cut of limbs, tails and heads, what's not to like. Makes a lot more sense than longer wristblades or a tiny spear.

Keep the acid blood a problem for the predators. Maybe not to the point it eats through their armor and weapons like in the first AVP, but eventually the gear should melt.

Of course make it as an R rated movie.

What are some of the changes you would have made?

The Cruentus

I think there is already a few threads on this but to answer:

For the first film.
Better character development.
Better creature designs.
Original life-cycle.
Maybe a different setting, such as an ice planet.
R-Rated
Better and natural fighting between the species.
No Queen, just have the eggs already in the pyramid in stasis ready for the hunt. (Not that I found the Queen to be bad, it is just so over-used in the media that its no longer effective)

Second movie.
Same as above.
Predalien main antagonist, but not a queen and vomiting life-cycle.
Same setting as above as well.
Maybe a Queen about somewhere laying the eggs but isn't the active or pursuing threat.

IZE

For AVPR

Have the entire first 10 minutes of the film only focus on the Predalien growing and stalking the Predators on the scout ship no humans whatsoever, Right after the scout ship detaches from the main ship like in the Unrated opening sequence one of the Predators returns to perform on "Autopsy" on Scar only to see the chest-bursting wound and alert the others to keep an eye out and search the ship, time lapse to them nearing earth to begin another hunt and Chet still not fully grown but in like a smaller warrior stage fast, sneaky and cunning outsmarting the Preds and have him be the one to cause the ship to go down have two of the surviving Predators send the distress signal which Wolf answers

Introduce human characters and actually flesh them out a bit, Skip the whole Teenage drama and keep the film surrounding Kelly, Dallas and the Sheriff OWLF also arrives looking for the downed ship and forbids townsfolk from entering the woods or searching for Buddy and his kid. Have OWLF find an unconscious Buddy and kid and dead facehuggers and keep them quarantined until the inevitable happens and chestbursters are captured.

Predalien now fully grown attacks OWLF camp with Alien warriors prompting Military to intercede and begin trying to contain the Xenos.

Wolf and The remaining Predators duke it out with Xenos in the sewers one Predator killed in the fray

Main cast saves OWLF leader from certain demise and are educated on the Predator and are given intel regarding the downed ship

Carnage continues to ensue Wolf and Predalien have final battle near Downtown rather then hospital. Survivors escape Via Helicopter and sequel is set up with the Chestbursters OWLF captured earlier in the film.

whiterabbit

I would have gave all the aliens 3 foot long dongs.

The Kurgan

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 12, 2018, 08:29:49 AM

One would assume their gigantic phallic heads would already satisfy the most fanatic dong enthusiasts. But it seems it's never enough for some people  ;D

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: TheKurgan on Nov 12, 2018, 09:26:44 AM

One would assume their gigantic phallic heads would already satisfy the most fanatic dong enthusiasts. But it seems it's never enough for some people  ;D

5 Stars.  * * * * *   for your astute observation TheKurgan. You gave me my first smile this morning. :D

Huggs

Could this have saved Covenant?

SM

Aliens + Predators + Space Marines.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: SM on Nov 13, 2018, 01:26:21 AM

One day, I hope.

Voodoo Magic

So much this.

The Kurgan

That's the spirit

Corporal Hicks

Really that's the basics of all folk want from an Alien vs. Predator film.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 14, 2018, 08:44:01 AM

The basics, yeah, but if they could turn that something worth watching, that'd be great.

Don't make the Marines cannon fodder for the two antagonists. Give us a good sense of their characters and establish that they are alone on a far-off planet.

The Aliens and the Predators should be treated as antagonists. None of this "Predators work with humans" crap. That's why we have so much sh*tty fanfiction about Mary Sue falling in love with a Predator.

And good morning, everyone.

The Cruentus

Don't really agree with that. While I won't mind it, I also would simply like to see a decent horror version of it in the same vein as the first movie. All I have seen for the past few decades in alien or AVP media is colonial marines. The games had them, the comics had them, the novels had them. One of the reasons why Isolation was so good was that it focused on the first film instead of the second. Cameron's movie was brilliant but it is emulated too much.

The Kurgan

Quote from: The Cruentus on Nov 14, 2018, 05:09:00 PM

Don't really agree with that. While I won't mind it, I also would simply like to see a decent horror version of it in the same vein as the first movie. All I have seen for the past few decades in alien or AVP media is colonial marines. The games had them, the comics had them, the novels had them. One of the reasons why Isolation was so good was that it focused on the first film instead of the second. Cameron's movie was brilliant but it is emulated too much.

Iam not sure if you can make a real horror movie out of AVP. Alien sure, to a lesser extend also Predator. But i think it would be hard to get both creatures into a horror movie without making it too overcrowded.
We had civilians or at least ill prepared humans getting helplessly slaughtered in the last two movies. I would love to see them put up a fight the next time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed