Thomas Brothers Had Wanted to Do WW2 with Predator 2?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 09, 2017, 12:50:36 PM

Author
Thomas Brothers Had Wanted to Do WW2 with Predator 2? (Read 14,994 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

According to someone on Twitter, the Thomas Brothers attended a screening of Predator where they did a Q&A and mentioned they had wanted to do a World War 2 movie for Predator 2.
8)
QuoteI went to a great screening of Predator with a Q&A with writer Jim Thomas and producer Beau Marks. They told me great stuff, like how they originally wanted to do Predator 2 with Schwarzenegger or a WWII idea. One of the best experiences of my life.

https://twitter.com/WeylandYutani91/status/928546279176753153

QuoteLast Sunday. They came to my state, Arkansas, which I thought was huge because no one cool ever comes to Arkansas. But yeah, their idea was to have a Predator during the Battle of the Bulge and the Americans and Germans have to team up to fight the Predator.

https://twitter.com/WeylandYutani91/status/928563576532619264

I don't think I've heard that little tidbit before. Does it ring a bell with anyone?

Found a video of the Q&A. Not watched it through yet but I'm about to start.

SiL

The quality of writing has bottomed out since they left. P2 had plenty of issues, but it's actually a very solid script when you read it.

BigDaddyJohn

Cool idea, i like it. But i have trouble with Arnold's presence since he is in the first movie...

SiL

I don't think the idea was to have Arnold in WWII

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: SiL on Nov 09, 2017, 08:32:25 PM
I don't think the idea was to have Arnold in WWII

My bad, i didn't read properly, i missed the "or"  :laugh:

Darkness

Good find. That's new information. We don't really hear much from those two.

I did suggest a ww2 piece in my possibe locations for Shane Black's movie. I wouldn't have had Americans and Nazis teaming up though.

D88M

Thanks, is good to hear from them since i would really want them to continue the saga. P2 script is as good as P1 but the problem is that the direction is way weaker :(

Rudiger

Predator in WWII? Sounds like Zone Troopers!!!

Whiskeybrewer

Great to hear more about a couple of the possible Predator 2's. Would have been intriguing to have the second one pick up straight after in a sense

My name is Jeff

My name is Jeff

Predator's only hunt during heatwave's, so the WW2 idea makes no sense.

Darkness

They weren't supposed to be in Antarctica either but they still found a way to make it work.

JokersWarPig

Quote from: My name is Jeff on Nov 10, 2017, 03:22:19 PM

The Pacific Theater fits perfectly for the Predators preferred hunting climate. The African theater probably would work as well.
I'd honestly throw money at a Predator Anthology movie (like VHS or Creepshow) with different stories from different era's featuring Predators.

Original Pred

Original Pred

They should've done it.  That's the only sequel that should've happened. 

The series has been off track completely. I've said it a thousand times.  You don't kill a Predator and they just ignore that particular "prey".  Revenge is the most sought after desire amongst those hard wired for the hunt.

But let's pretend like Predator never happened. 

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: My name is Jeff on Nov 10, 2017, 03:22:19 PM

Quote from: Darkness on Nov 10, 2017, 03:48:05 PM
They weren't supposed to be in Antarctica either but they still found a way to make it work.

I still don't have an issue with that. They may prefer it hot but there's nothing to say they wouldn't challenge themselves a little with going to a climate outside their comfort zone. Makes perfect sense to me.

Scorpio

WW2, particularly Battle of the Bulge, sounds more interesting than L.A., I mean how many movies are set in L.A.?  Only problem would be historical inaccuracy and german stereotypes, probably.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed