What do you want to see in Romulus?

Started by littlesprout, Jan 07, 2023, 11:15:22 PM

Author
What do you want to see in Romulus? (Read 46,300 times)

The Cruentus

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 21, 2024, 04:04:47 PMI'd just keep the dog chestburster over the ox one, and stick with the special edition for everything else.

I find the way Ripley falls into the furnace not as good as the TC versions though.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 21, 2024, 02:29:25 PMI remember once watching TC on local TV. After AC it felt as a really cut down version 

Kradan

Kradan

I don't care what SM thinks on the matter

Local Trouble

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

And yeah the foot you start with matters, especially with character relationships in the narrative itself, nothing the theatrical version does right can undo that wrong. The Special Edition might hypothetically be over three hours long and I still believe that better first act makes all the difference.

That and strange obvious splices like Dillon saying "that makes it twenty" or something like that totally uncharacteristically, Golic disappearing after spending time characterising him, and in other places some of the best dialogue being totally excised.

SiL

SiL

Alien3 was my second favourite film when I first saw it on VHS. The Special Edition solidified that a lot when it came out later.

Then the more time went on the more the cracks got worse and worse and I realised I actually just find it boring more than anything these days.

I still like the mood and the acting and all the rest of it, but as a story it's just unnecessarily dull to get going.

TheBATMAN

I think it'a massive improvement really. I never get bored with it. Even though it remains the weakest of the trilogy, it's the one I find myself revisiting the most.

SiL

SiL

Literally any of the other movies are more watchable to me.

BlueMarsalis79

Certainly hope I never fall out of love with anything so hard.

SiL

SiL

I still like it and rank it third rather than second. But I can still acknowledge I find the first half boring.

I find Alien Resurrection more watchable than the first trilogy, doesn't mean I think it's better. It just moves quicker.

BigDaddyJohn

Resurrection is very entertaining.

SiL

SiL

There's always something going on.

BigDaddyJohn

And it has visually striking scenes, plus a few neat ideas.

xeno_alpha_07

I've always adored Alien 3 since its initial release. Before the Assembly Cut, the only extended version available was the workprint, which I watched extensively alongside the theatrical release. Despite its flaws, I still have a deep affection for the film. Learning about its production issues and behind-the-scenes details only heightened my fascination with how each Alien film was made. Alien and Alien 3, in particular, sparked my interest in deleted footage.

I cherish all three films equally and find it challenging to pick a favorite.  I was absolutely thrilled when news of the Alien 3 Assembly Cut first broke and details about this version began surfacing online.  I usually watch both the Theatrical and Extended cuts of all three films, but it was the Theatrical versions that initially captivated me and turned me into a fan.

Regarding Alien Romulus, I'm uncertain. I haven't desired another film since Alien 3, and both Prometheus and Covenant left me disappointed, leaving me unsure of what I'd like to see. I only hope that I'll find enjoyment in the film and will withhold any doubts until I've actually seen it  :)

BlueMarsalis79

I think it will be scary, but first and foremost I want good acting and good dialogue again, if absolutely nothing else.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed