Best Alien vs Predator picture

Started by Kel G 426, Aug 03, 2010, 02:34:04 PM

Author
Best Alien vs Predator picture (Read 324,726 times)

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

This one always reminds me the date of release of AvP 1999 my personal fav game of all time

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Good taste in games. Certainly one of the best FPSs of all time.
Speaking of which.

I may have already posted this, but this picture represents everything AvP should be.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

It was indeed an excellent game, but, as I've stated before, the utter lack of Predators in the game was extremely disappointing. They should not be reserved for boss fights. Maybe a really skilled Elder-type Pred, but not the species themselves.

But again, it was really, really, really fun.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: TheMonolith on Sep 26, 2010, 12:45:27 AM
Good taste in games. Certainly one of the best FPSs of all time.
Speaking of which.
http://ps3clan.nl/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/aliens_vs_predator-front.jpg
I may have already posted this, but this picture represents everything AvP should be.

Glad to see i'm not the only one to highly consider this game  ;)
I have to admit first time i played as a pred. When hearing (and seeing) the original locking triangle sound and effect of the Predator, then shoot and cut my prey in 2 pieces. Make me fall in love with this game  ;D (for a 1999 game i was  :o)

Or when meeting my first Pred as a Marine , i was like "OMG no that..... red lights....bam dead" hopefully they are not regular opponents lol . Like Praetorians or Predaliens, they still rare (but at least you find a SADAR before fighting the Pred, which make the battle far more easy)

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 26, 2010, 04:26:27 AM
It was indeed an excellent game, but, as I've stated before, the utter lack of Predators in the game was extremely disappointing. They should not be reserved for boss fights. Maybe a really skilled Elder-type Pred, but not the species themselves.

Aren't you thinking of the recent game? In this game there are Predators in 4 of the 10 Alien missions and 4 of the 11 Marine missions.
Hell, in two missions, the Alien actually runs into two Predators which brings the total Predators fought by Aliens and Marines to 10, 6 for the Alien and 4 for the Marine. That is a satisfactory number.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: TheMonolith on Sep 26, 2010, 02:22:53 PM

Aren't you thinking of the recent game? In this game there are Predators in 4 of the 10 Alien missions and 4 of the 11 Marine missions.
Hell, in two missions, the Alien actually runs into two Predators which brings the total Predators fought by Aliens and Marines to 10, 6 for the Alien and 4 for the Marine. That is a satisfactory number.

Exactly ,you just need to increase the difficulty level if you want to meet more Predators. 
If you  stay on training (easy mode) you just fight 1 or 2 Preds in the Marins campaign and 1 Pred in the Alien campaign (if i remember well), and you figh less Praetorians and Predaliens too.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

I am referring to the Bonus missions. If you beat the campaigns on Director's cut, you unlock new levels. Guess what will inevitably show up in these new levels.
Difficulty does factor in however.
For example, if you play Earthbound on Director's cut as the Alien, you run into two preds instead of one.
On Fury 161 as the Alien, there is always 2.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: TheMonolith on Sep 26, 2010, 02:22:53 PM

They still reserved them for the role of boss or mini-boss, which is simply ridiculous when they're in the goddamned title. But, I never played the bonus missions.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

They are all over the bonus missions.
In the story they should have showed up more, but the bonus missions gave you a healthy dose.
My personal favs are Tyrargo as the Alien when you have to kill three officers, and once you do that, a Predator will hunt you throughout the ship. Most of the time it appears right behind you, but other times it will appear in a random place, making for a much more challenging fight.
Waterfall as the Marine. You have to fight your way through hoards of Aliens in order to kill a Predator who is about to enter a base. Only Marine level with friendlies.

I also realize that the Marine runs into 2 Predators on Orbital, which bumps the number up to 5 for the Marines and 11 overall.

This one makes me sad since I cannot find the full version of it.
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.wallpaperweb.org/wallpaper/games/1600x1200/wallpaper_aliens_vs_predator_2_03_1600.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.wallpaperweb.org/wallpaper/games/aliens-vs-predator-2_1600x1200_29110.htm&usg=__x1J7KSIZgoh6mslp_qtVvN86BIU=&h=1200&w=1600&sz=197&hl=en&start=8&zoom=1&itbs=1&tbnid=VgQeuN3MNaCh0M:&tbnh=113&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Daliens%2Bvs.%2Bpredator%2B2%2B2001%2Bart%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%26biw%3D1900%26bih%3D867%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1
On the same side as the Alien, there was a great pic of a Predator raising up the combi stick to strike the Marine, as well as a second Alien. Gonna have to settle for this incomplete version.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: TheMonolith on Sep 26, 2010, 05:36:14 PM
They are all over the bonus missions.
In Fury 161 you run into a pred halfway through the level.
In Vaults, you have to kill one before you can shut down the self destruct right at the start.
In the story they should have showed up more, but the bonus missions gave you a healthy dose.

My personal favs are Tyrargo as the alien when you have to kill three officers, and once you do that, a predator will hunt you throughout the ship. Most of the time it appears right behind you, but other times it will appear in a random place, making for a much more challenging fight.

Waterfall as the marine. You have to fight your way through hoards of aliens in order to kill a predator who is about to enter a base. Only marine level with friendlies.

Yep i remember that now  ;)
And in this AvP 1999 the Preds are far to have the boss/mini- boss role than in AvP 2 ,or even AvP 2010 where the Pred are clearly considered as bosses with their health bar.

Thoses Preds are even the easiest to kill (when playing xeno) out of the 3 games.they move very slowly, they usually move in circle without attacking you and 1 single charged tail attack and they are done (then you just have to finish him) if i remember well.

WolfPredator10

WolfPredator10

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

...I couldn't resist, sorry.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: WolfPredator10 on Sep 29, 2010, 05:54:14 AM

cool pic + cool signature = badass  ;)

SM

SM

Yeah - f**ktarded teeth and floppy dorsal spines = BADAASSSS!!!!11!!!

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: WolfPredator10 on Sep 29, 2010, 05:54:14 AM

It looks like they're dancing. Very poorly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed