Alien Timeline Updated

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 16, 2016, 03:20:12 PM

Author
Alien Timeline Updated (Read 71,668 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

And now I want to watch Covenant again. Thanks for the videos, SM! Loved this look at the films.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 14, 2020, 07:55:28 AM
And now I want to watch Covenant again. Thanks for the videos, SM! Loved this look at the films.

Always a good thing to do. Seriously, this movie has grown tremendously on me since its release. JM Praiter, eat your heart out !

SM

SM

Thanks all for the kind words.

One thing I noticed when doing screencaps of Covenant was the shot when they arrive in the city.  Rosenthal, Lope, Oram and Daniels are all facing us and David has his back to us.  Walter and Cole are out of frame.  It occurred to me that all four facing us in the shot had lost their significant other (Ankor, Hallett, Karine, Jacob).

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Nice find, didn't notice that either.

SM

SM

Some home isolation bingeing...

The other twenty three hours, fifty three and a half minutes of the day is your own.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Delicious, thank you for these!

Janek

Janek

Only discovered this now and its fantastic. Thank you SM!

Alien: Covenant really was a decent enough movie, could Katherine Waterston carry a sequel though? Im not sold.

SM

SM

I think the actress could, but she needs more to do.  Oram and Walter stole a lot of the focus in Covenant.

Janek

Janek

Yeah she would need to be put centre stage. If a sequel to Covenant will ever be green lit who knows what they will do, we might not see Katherine Waterston in it at all.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Janek on Apr 18, 2020, 11:53:55 PM
Yeah she would need to be put centre stage. If a sequel to Covenant will ever be green lit who knows what they will do, we might not see Katherine Waterston in it at all.

She is a talented actress and capable of deliver a solid female character with the right direction. However, unlike the Alien tetralogy where Ripley is the absolute protagonist in each movie, David is the closest thing to a Ripley, despite being a villain and not a hero.  But the interesting thing about it is that we're looking at the villain's journey rather than the heroine's journey of the original. I mean in Alien, Ripley becomes a survivor to eveltually evolves into a warrior in Aliens. David is also a "survivor" at the end of the first chapter of his journey. His personality traits are ambiguous making him to look like an antihero. He evolves into the absolute villain in the sequel, despite Scott using references from John Milton's Paradise Lost where Lucifer is a tragic figure revealing himself against a heavenly monarchy. The android seems to be losing his mind though.  :P

Janek

Janek

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 19, 2020, 12:17:19 AM
Quote from: Janek on Apr 18, 2020, 11:53:55 PM

She is a talented actress and capable of deliver a solid female character with the right direction. However, unlike the Alien tetralogy where Ripley is the absolute protagonist in each movie, David is the closest thing to a Ripley, despite being a villain and not a hero.  But the interesting thing about it is that we're looking at the villain's journey rather than the heroine's journey of the original. I mean in Alien, Ripley becomes a survivor to eveltually evolves into a warrior in Aliens. David is also a "survivor" at the end of the first chapter of his journey. His personality traits are ambiguous making him to look like an antihero. He evolves into the absolute villain in the sequel, despite Scott using references from John Milton's Paradise Lost where Lucifer is a tragic figure revealing himself against a heavenly monarchy. The android seems to be losing his mind though.  :P

Interesting, I never thought of it like this, gives a cool perspective on things. :) Really hope we will see them close the prequel series with one more film because Covenant finished on such a cliffhanger!

SM

SM

426Buddy

426Buddy

Sweet! Thank you! :)

SM

SM

You're very welcome.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed