Aliens Fireteam Elite Sales/Charts

Started by seattle24, Aug 30, 2021, 01:17:31 PM

Author
Aliens Fireteam Elite Sales/Charts (Read 5,133 times)

seattle24

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 22, 2021, 11:37:31 AM
Quote from: seattle24 on Oct 22, 2021, 08:47:56 AM
" Several games were successfully launched during the quarter: Aliens: Fireteam Elite, which is distributed by Focus Home Interactive in Europe and several territories in Asia, and Insurgency: Sandstorm on PlayStation4 and XboxOne, which already sold close to half a million units; both games are performing well."

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211021005754/en/Focus-Home-Interactive-20212022-Q2-Revenue-Increasing-by-12-Per-Cent-YoY-to-€44-Million

I read the "half a million" units as applicable to Insurgency - but it's nice to hear the publisher thinks it has performed well.

Yeah, I read this way too.

Several games were successfully launched during the quarter: Aliens: Fireteam Elite, which is distributed by Focus Home Interactive in Europe and several territories in Asia, and Insurgency: Sandstorm on PlayStation4 and XboxOne, which already sold close to half a million units; both games are performing well.

But it's great for the future of Alien video games to hear they consider it performing well so far. Nice find Seattle! Since Focus is a public traded company, we can expect a public statement every quarter, so hopefully we'll get more A:FTE info in their next statement.

I do think a half a million units is a good benchmark for a non AAA game. I felt that way with Illfonic's P:HG too. Of course, it also comes down to how much these companies actually spend cumulatively against how much they sold, but since we usually never see those numbers, I personally run with the 500k success line.

Thanks!  :)

I'm eagerly awaiting this roadmap Cold Iron are teasing. I think we'll be able to gauge from that how successful it's been as well, depending on how substantial the content is.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: seattle24 link=topic=65168.msg2544380#msg2544380

Thanks!  :)

I'm eagerly awaiting this roadmap Cold Iron are teasing. I think we'll be able to gauge from that how successful it's been as well, depending on how substantial the content is.

Hmm. Perhaps a little? To me, I'm not sure it will be an accurate guage, meaning I would imagine (or hope) December's Season Two was already in the works prior to the game's release almost two months ago. I believe Cold Iron even teased it a little, too...

But subsequent seasons after that, the older and more substantial updates, definitely I would think!  :)

426Buddy

Boy I hope its not really coming in December, I would shoot for a Halloween release or I probably wouldn't even bother at this point.

Samhain13

Samhain13

The Seasons are taking too long from one to another, by the time of the next one comes the game's activity will be even lower. Doesn't matter what new content they bring, most players already moved on. A few will come back on the update for a few days to try out what's new then that's it.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 22, 2021, 09:32:05 PM
The Seasons are taking too long from one to another, by the time of the next one comes the game's activity will be even lower. Doesn't matter what new content they bring, most players already moved on. A few will come back on the update for a few days to try out what's new then that's it.

The fear is real.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed