Newt / Carrie Henn in Alien 5?

Started by Perfect-Organism, Feb 25, 2015, 08:43:21 PM

Author
Newt / Carrie Henn in Alien 5? (Read 17,727 times)

Perfect-Organism

Well I think Newt's topic is fair game to be discussed as it appears that Neill Blomkamp's movie will continue where Aliens left off.  Sigourney Weaver was really friendly with Carrie Henn at a recent reunion in Canada.  Any thoughts on this?

Local Trouble

If ever there was a role that begged for a recasting...

SpreadEagleBeagle

No thanks

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 25, 2015, 08:44:38 PM
If ever there was a role that begged for a recasting...

Quite...

And she's not even an actress. Last I heard she was working as a full-time school teacher.

Perfect-Organism

She works fine if we assume that Alien 5 takes place 20 - 30 years after Aliens which it very well might if we use old Michael Biehn and old Siggs..

Rankles75

Rankles75

If this really is a retcon then Newt obviously has to be in there. Pretty sure it's not going to be Carrie Henn though, seeing as she only ever did one film...

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 25, 2015, 09:22:11 PM
She works fine if we assume that Alien 5 takes place 20 - 30 years after Aliens which it very well might if we use old Michael Biehn and old Siggs..

why would we assume that? on those concepts she and he doesnt look more than 40...and i dont want to see grandma and grandpa taking out monsters. what is it expendables? use cgi for younger look thats it

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: szkoki on Feb 25, 2015, 10:03:30 PM
and i dont want to see grandma and grandpa taking out monsters.

Yes, because lord knows horror has been given fair shakes with all the toddlers who have no range or gravity or pathos behind their performances.

Assuming Newt is involved at all, I wager she gets sent home and lives with her extended relatives or something. Out of sight, and out of mind, and alive.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 25, 2015, 10:42:40 PM
Quote from: szkoki on Feb 25, 2015, 10:03:30 PM
and i dont want to see grandma and grandpa taking out monsters.

Yes, because lord knows horror has been given fair shakes with all the toddlers who have no range or gravity or pathos behind their performances.

Assuming Newt is involved at all, I wager she gets sent home and lives with her extended relatives or something. Out of sight, and out of mind, and alive.

That would work fine for me. No character deserves a "happy ending" more than her's...

Perfect-Organism

Hey be nice!  That little girl never asked to be part of a movie and then derided this way 30 years later.  She doesn't even act.  Not cool.  Not fair game to pick on her for anything, especially how she looks.

Go see Shallow Hal..

Local Trouble

Is a hot Newt too much ask for?

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Is there really a need to be shitty about Carrie Henn? What the hell guys. As far as I know, she has done nothing to deserve it.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'm sure she's a lovely lady, but she's not like Carrie Fisher in that only SHE can portray the role that she's famous for.  There are many professional actresses who would, could and should play an adult Newt in lieu of Carrie Henn.

Adam802

Adam802

leave carrie alone!!!!  :(

Perfect-Organism

I don't want to see anything negative or certainly derogatory written about Carrie Henn.  She is not in the movie biz.  She was a long time ago, but that was not by her consent.  She is completely innocent.  This thread is only to discuss the possibility of her return in a fair way but without any defamatory or derogatory remarks.  If anyone posts nasty things, please do the right thing and self edit them out...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed