Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 210,880 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Idk, when I start thinking about what android bastard did to Shaw and what he's gonna do to Daniels and 2000 poor colonists - it kinda creeps me out

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 17, 2021, 01:47:08 PM
Quote from: skhellter on Oct 17, 2021, 01:10:12 PM
Quote from: David_4004 on Oct 17, 2021, 05:08:13 AM
P.S. David is scarier than the Alien  8).

:laugh:

Only when he tells us that he'll do the fingering.

https://youtu.be/HP8sofAN4xc

David Weyland

Quote from: Trash Queen on Oct 17, 2021, 03:00:50 PM
Quote from: David Weyland on Oct 17, 2021, 01:52:22 PM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Oct 17, 2021, 10:50:29 AM
Not necessarily.

The Good The Bad And The Ugly, Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom, Mallrats, X-Men First Class, Rogue One.

However in this case that's what the intention was

Doesn't mean it has to be that though.

I just don't get when people spew hate on the Alien  prequels saying, oh I never wanted to know that, it should have been kept a mystery etc' as a point to hit it with just to deflect from their dislike of the further backstory and or origin story. Same with the whole fossilised plot hole routine

BlueMarsalis79

Because that's a valid point of view in my opinion.

You can make a prequel for reasons other than explaining things lots of people have no interest in being explained.

Evanus

I agree that's a valid point of view, however, I've seen many times that people don't even give the story or the ideas behind it a chance. People just go "oh so an android created the alien, that's terrible", for example.. and that's it. Completely ignoring the good, basically. I had plenty of issues with Covenant too, but eventually I came to realize that most of the ideas behind it are actually pretty cool. Even if they don't always jive well with the originals.

David Weyland

Quote from: Trash Queen on Oct 17, 2021, 06:01:12 PM
Because that's a valid point of view in my opinion.

You can make a prequel for reasons other than explaining things lots of people have no interest in being explained.

Sure but I think it is fair and not disingenuous to say that if the prequels hadn't been on the story path to tell the Weyland Yutani & the derelict's story and who or what issued the Warning/SOS beacon, Ash& the Special order etc in Alien people would be complaining even more

BlueMarsalis79

[cancerblack]

Quote from: skhellter on Oct 17, 2021, 01:10:12 PM
public reminder that a lot of people thought Prometheus and Covenant were laughable...

While I don't doubt that this is true, I have yet to meet one of these people IRL, in my anecdotal experience they exist purely on the internet.

I talk about those movies a lot, and the opinions others bring range from "pretty, but forgettable" to very positive.

Kradan

Kradan

If I'm not mistaken, HuDaFuk was among these fans invited to Covenant's London premiere. On podcast episode he and KiramidHead did on Twohy's unproduced Alien 3 script he claimed that there was distinct giggling during "fingering" scene. And Ridley Scott was there too

Kimarhi

Covenant's idea of having the Alien designed by David actually makes sense, since the facehugger appears to be primarily designed to infect humanoid creatures.  David hates humans, David makes special monstrosity human killer.  This is a tie in that makes sense. 

I am  neutral to Covenant, I don't love it, but I don't hate it either.

It's the fact that it was tied into hot garbage that was Prometheus that irks my sensibilities.  That was very much a blatantly half assed attempt to find a tie that binds from decades old what ifs, and wouldn't it be cool fan speculation without even attempting to weave any kind of cohesive narrative.

When Prometheus stole AvPs briefing scene and said that they got star maps off of a cave painting I couldn't believe I was watching an actual Alien tie in movie and not some kind of direct to home video release.  "There is only one star system out there that fits what we are saying on that cave painting."  Bullshit.  How can you tell what kind of scale you would be using on a f**kING CAVE PAINTING.  Without a point a reference one of the drawings could be a star dozens of light years closer and not part of the system at all.  They could be supergiants, they could be red dwarfs.  It is ridiculous. 

I dislike Prometheus because it did ask a bunch of questions that didn't need answers, didn't actually answer anything, and was incomprehensible convoluted garbage.  The mystery goo that was the focal point of everything wasn't even explained in the movie, it has only really been covered to any sort of degree that makes sense in the EU. 

Yes! We are the same as the giant aliens in Prometheus!?  Can uh, someone show me the pigment for blue skin, and the 10' height in my dna though?  Might be handy for an nba career.  It doesn't matter who, but whoever thought in a storyboard session that making the engineers 10' tall doctor manhattans was a good idea needs to be hit in the throat.  Because that TOTALLY fits in with the rest of the franchise.   

I was in Prometheus because of the trailers, which were top notch, but absolutely hated the movie itself.  They should have went with NEW IDEAS.  Which seems like it is absolutely impossible for the franchise to do.

We have how many trips to Acheron now?  Aliens, Aliens: Newts Tale, that one AvP comic tie in, that one Aliens novel tie in, Aliens Colonial Marines, and Alien Isolation.  More I'm sure I'm forgetting. 

The Alien franchise has went down that path of never moving the story forward because writers and developers are either creatively bankrupt OR afraid to take chances and instead continually get hung up on the "big unanswered mysteries," of the franchise which were almost always small unimportant anecdotes. 

And yes, OTHER franchises are as guilty, SW and Rogue One immediately spring to mind, but Rogue One is so much more watchable than Prometheus because they made an entire plot, characters, and actors to fit around the idea, instead of throwing some barebones shit on top of already continually rehashed ideas with a madman egoist helming it. 

If we never get another prequel I will rest easy, and while at times it doesn't look like the franchise will be nuked on a reboot, the longer inactivity goes on, the more the possibility rises. 

Kradan

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 17, 2021, 09:42:46 PM
They should have went with NEW IDEAS

But they ... kinda ... did ?

Rogue One is so much more watchable than Prometheus

no

SiL

Jockeys being dudes in suits is a new idea.

An awful, awful new idea, but still.

I agree with Kim about Rogue One though.

Kradan

Kradan

After watching Rogue One I was like "Eh, I guess that was OK". Never felt any need to watch that movie again

RLM IMO perfectly explained why

Spoiler

As much as Prometheus is flawed and incoherent, I'm still fascinated by that movie. And visuals are top notch. And calling it "hot garbage" ... no, just no

SiL

I'm not watching a 40 minute video to understand what you think about a movie :laugh:

Kimarhi

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 17, 2021, 10:22:13 PM
They should have went with NEW IDEAS

But they ... kinda ... did ?

Rogue One is so much more watchable than Prometheus

no

What new idea? 

Everything done in Prometheus was brought up in some form or fashion by Scott himself ages ago.  He just replaced the Aliens (the original weapon in the bomber ship) with the magic goo.  I guess they new there were going to be bought out by Marvel, because that is some straight up comic book shit just like Royal Jelly was................oh wait. 

Visuals don't make a movie.  Especially when the visuals are so poorly spliced together dudes dead in one scene are alive in the next.

You can like Prometheus, just like some people can like ARes.  But no one on planet earth will convince me that there is anything remotely redeemable about Prometheus other than Noomi f(it isn't like she lit the world on fire either in this film I just like Noomi), Fassbender (the one true star of the prequels), and some of the sets.  The set design overall I think was better in Prometheus than Covenant, but Prometheus had almost NOTHING else going for it. 

I still prefer a reboot to another prequel, just because another prequel means I have to acknowledge Prometheus. 

Maybe there is some magic cut out there like the Assembly Cut of Alien 3 that helps the movie significantly, but until that time Prometheus remains terribad down there with AvPR.

I mean, it has literally put my dislike of Alien Res on the backburner.

There is no sequel movie, no prequel movie, no tie in media I hate more in any of the franchises I've followed more than Prometheus.

El Pistolero

Alien is a masterpeace you can't repeat. But I think there is still enough space to explore and I hope there will be some answers to prometheus one day. Prometheus was a bit too dumbed down for the general audience. But the Fans want details and facts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed