Recent posts

Alien-Predator Literature / Re: Aliens vs Avengers
Last post by jacobo1122 - Today at 11:58:35 AM
DC being darker and more adult than Marvel is such an obsolete opinion coming back from the 60' and maybe strenghted by MCU recently but is as far from truth as possible. Both can have dark or lighter stories. And Dark doesn't mean for adults it can by just edgy story for teenagers than think they are so mature. Snyder's movies are good example. They pose as dark and gritty, but are shallow as a puddle with their themes. With comics, it depends on writer how it would be in the end. What is true, however, is that Aliens and Predator works better with more grounded heroes because they don't pose much threat to some of the more "super" superheroes. But I'm interested in how Hickman will work with this problem. Would it be insane Xenos with superpowers, or something more interesting?
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Fallout
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 11:56:55 AM
I didn't even notice that !
General Discussion / Re: Re: what is your favourite...
Last post by Kradan - Today at 11:55:09 AM
What a weird but simultaneously great idea for a thread.

From the top of my head, I absolutely love that wet cracking sound they used for egg opening in Aliens, just perfect

3:00
Alien: Romulus / Re: What do you want to see in...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 11:53:17 AM
So it'll be overall good, but kinda forgettable ?
General Discussion / Re: Re: what is your favourite...
Last post by NecronomIV - Today at 11:36:27 AM
I love sound effects. I loved the old Star Wars documentary that showed how they made the laser sounds by banging on wires under tension. I used to buy sound-effects records. I used to want to work for the BBC Radiophonic workshop!

This is a great, crazy sound, utterly recognisable, with the leading beepy sound effects which I love.

I love the shimmering, weaving hypnotic quality of this one:

https://youtu.be/MJ6zhnPE2pw?t=748

Actually, when it comes to sound effects and sound design, I do highly recommend listening to a film without visuals (or AD). There are so many nuances of sound and music you pick up when your eyes aren't occupied. Prometheus for example, I know is not everyone's favourite film, but it has a great soundscape.
Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Today at 11:22:10 AM(though i tried to wait for a possible longer cut).

From the look of things, I don't think we're going to be getting that at all.
Finally watched the movie (though i tried to wait for a possible longer cut).

Well...i'm a huge fan of historic (even "inspired by", fantasy or "based on") movies. I got plenty guilty pleasures movies, i like to watch alongside while working or ironing, cleaning up and stuff like that. Like Robin Hood, Exodus or even Alexander. Yes, Alexander. No good movies at all, but fun to watch. Sometimes.

Napoleon on the other hand, well...it's boring. Like REALLY boring. And Joaquin Phoenix (who is a great actor imo) was bored as well, it seems. So bored, that even as Napoleon in his 20s he played it like a depressed middle aged man close to his downfall. The whole thing between him and Kirby (who played at least okay'ish, guess there was not mucht to work with), i don't feel it. And the battles, yeah...there were mediocre battles. No tension at all, just check the list, not even talking 'bout history accuracy. Got to rewatch one of the older movies.

What a pity. Ridley Scott, still working that much at that age...i really admire that guy. Guess i won't be that active in my 50s. And he gave us so many good movies. But there is at least still very little hope for Gladiator 2 (that feels so wrong. Like Titanic 2 or Schindler's List 2). Pls, at least make it to my guilty pleasure list :D

Recreational Area / Re: The Alien Dialogue Thread ...
Last post by Kradan - Today at 11:21:23 AM
Ash is a goddamn robot !
Recreational Area / Re: The Alien Dialogue Thread ...
Last post by NecronomIV - Today at 11:01:12 AM
I cannot authorise that kind of action, I'm sorry.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed