Peter Weyland video ! ^^

Started by Snowdog, Feb 28, 2012, 07:16:01 PM

Author
Peter Weyland video ! ^^ (Read 145,778 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Infected on Mar 04, 2012, 09:56:12 PM
LoL
You talk a lot of bs about a great action movie and then you come with something crappy like Alien3.
you cant be takin seriously.
AlienĀ³ is awesome. 8)

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 04, 2012, 09:54:19 PM
I would say that there is a big nod to Aliens by their forthright usage of the "Building Better Worlds" slogan. Unless this appears in the first film somewhere that I missed then Scott is making an effort to connect the mythos to some degree. And the new WY logo is far more like the Aliens version than the original.

-Chris

Absolutely.  Plus Sir Ridley is on record as stating that planet terra-forming will be a key aspect of Prometheus (which obviously was also key to Cameron's film).  Peter Weyland's biography is another nod to the importance that terra-forming will play in this story.

QuoteBy the age of fourteen, he had already registered a dozen patents in a wide range of fields from biotech to robotics, but it would be his dynamic break-throughs in generating synthetic atmosphere above the polar ice cap that gained him worldwide recognition and spawned an empire.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

You talk a lot of bs about a great action movie and then you come with something crappy like Alien3.

I really don't care about to be taken seriously by people who think that Aliens is the best thing since sliced bread and that Alien 3 is crap.

EDIT: Not going to continue this debate on this thread since it's off-topic (already two other threads on the Alien Films forum touching the subject). Sorry for opening up the can of worms y'all!

Infected

Infected

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 04, 2012, 10:04:05 PM

I really don't care about to be taken seriously by people who think that Aliens is the best thing since sliced bread and that Alien 3 is crap.

EDIT: Not going to continue this debate on this thread since it's off-topic (already two other threads on the Alien Films forum touching the subject). Sorry for opening up the can of worms y'all!
Alien3 isnt completely bad,
it just never took off.

red_otter

red_otter

Quote from: Deuterium on Mar 04, 2012, 10:00:01 PM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 04, 2012, 09:54:19 PM
I would say that there is a big nod to Aliens by their forthright usage of the "Building Better Worlds" slogan. Unless this appears in the first film somewhere that I missed then Scott is making an effort to connect the mythos to some degree. And the new WY logo is far more like the Aliens version than the original.

-Chris

Absolutely.  Plus Sir Ridley is on record as stating that planet terra-forming will be a key aspect of Prometheus (which obviously was also key to Cameron's film).  Peter Weyland's biography is another nod to the importance that terra-forming will play in this story.

QuoteBy the age of fourteen, he had already registered a dozen patents in a wide range of fields from biotech to robotics, but it would be his dynamic break-throughs in generating synthetic atmosphere above the polar ice cap that gained him worldwide recognition and spawned an empire.

Also the use of the blue credits font towards the end of the trailer. Which brings us back to the DNA comment, which I think may well be a reference to creature rather than movie as a result, although there are still other interpretations too.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

As much as ALIEN and Alien3 are my two favorites, if there's any film that Ridley should nod to, it should be Aliens hands down. Yes, Cameron went big and devolved the brand (in the best way ever) he also really stayed true to who I believe Ripley is and where her journey was taking her, more then anyone else.

I'm hopeful that Prometheus picks up where Ridley left off.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

I don't want to get bogged down in the whole Aliens/Alien 3 debate, so I'll just say this; in my opinion 'Alien 3' is a damn sight truer towards the vision of the original 'Alien' than 'Aliens' is.  Everyone's entitled to there own opinion but I'd be lying if I said that it didn't irk me every time I hear words to the effect of "Aliens rulz, Alien 3 sux".  How anyone who's a fan of Ridley's 'Alien' can watch the assembly cut of 'Alien 3' and say "that's crap" is beyond me!

I digress...

I was thinking about how cool it would be if we get a whole bunch of these viral videos in the style of the TED talk.  I'm imagining that all of the viral media will be included on the Blu-Ray release.  If that's the case then I can definitely see it becoming a routine for myself to watch all of those videos prior to watching 'Prometheus', every time I pop the disc in my player.  The virals will hopefully act as a wonderful prelude to the actual film. 

Valaquen

Valaquen

I'm curious about the next few virals. Maybe we'll get a set of videos working through the years leading up to Prometheus.

Cvalda

Cvalda

I rather wish the viral vid had been Vickers giving that speech. How awesome would that have been? I need some Theron in the next viral leak! I think her character is potentially the most interesting of the bunch.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

St. Eddie what's up with the lips on Shaw in your signature pic? Lol

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 05, 2012, 01:18:01 AM
St. Eddie what's up with the lips on Shaw in your signature pic? Lol

Oh, right! Haha  :laugh:

I used Photoshop to put that picture together (obviously) but I spent most of my time on the Space Jockey (which is a heavily modified version of the prophetic mask photo that leaked a while back).  Unfortunately, I was tired by that point, so I rushed working on Noomi's lips to make it look as though she was scared (I couldn't find a shot of her looking side on and screaming); basically I screwed up!

I'd been meaning to redo Noomi's scream but I forgot about it, so thanks for reminding me.  :)

I'll get started on that tomorrow.

Gunflyer

Gunflyer

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 04, 2012, 12:16:51 PM
Quote from: SM on Mar 04, 2012, 12:11:34 PM
f**king idiots!  Why didn't they anticipate a creature with the most corrosive substance yet encountered for blood?
Yeah! It seems IQs will drop sharply in the future. They should have guessed its chemical structure in order to make resistant armors. Fools!
You're both being pointlessly argumentative. We have had armor that can stop bullets for decades now. If I am an engineer, speculating on the kinds of dangers we may face in deep space exploration, you can bet your sweet bippy that I am going to make armor that can resist bullets, intense heat and... oh, yes, and ACID too.

SM

SM

Obviously nothing akin to whatever it is the Aliens are packing then.

Gunflyer

Gunflyer

Quote from: SM on Mar 05, 2012, 03:19:42 AM
Obviously nothing akin to whatever it is the Aliens are packing then.
I don't know about that. Has the pH of their blood ever been clearly defined?

SM

SM

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed