Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 313,242 times)

Master

Master

I'm with you, but please keep the caster and stuff. In the end, it won't change a thing.

SiL

SiL

In a film, absolutely. In an internet argument, it changes everything  :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 10, 2021, 10:22:08 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 10, 2021, 08:02:19 PM
Errr... cavemen make me nervous. Not in general sense, they don't haunt me in my dreams or anything lol.... but it seems to be very hard to depict primitive cavemen on screen without a section of your audience viewing them as a source of comedy, no matter how hard you try to keep the tone serious. So personally, I'd pick a route without them. :)

I didn't use the word primitive.
By cavemen I mean homo sapiens, not some neanderthal type with a big forehead. 
Basically it'd be skilled hunter/gatherer types like the native Americans we'll get to see in Skulls but with less fancy clothing, art,...

Ah I got ya. Here, at least in the U.S , the term caveman is typically perceived as unintelligent prehistoric or primitive human beings. So that's where I thought you were going. :)

Huggs

Huggs

Don't nobody be dissin' on Captain Caveman.

Master Chief

Master Chief

@Baron Von Marlon - oh ok, I get you now, and I like that.

@SiL - Dude, it totally slipped my mind on how Dutch defeated the Predator. 🤦  And seeing that's how the hunter-gatherers hunted, it'll definitely work. And to keep it kind of fair, just give the Predator a bow with some arrows, a spear, and snare traps. This'll make for some good action.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Now I keep thinking of the idea.

Introducing the Gigantopithecus, an extinct genus of ape from the Early to Middle Pleistocene (when homo sapines was already around).
Like a gorilla it spent most of his time on four legs, but for comparison the image below shows the size of one standing on his back legs.

If I was a predator, I'd see a challenge.
If I was an early human, I'd be careful.

Quote from: Master Chief on Sep 12, 2021, 01:52:34 AM
@Baron Von Marlon - oh ok, I get you now, and I like that.

Most of the credit goes to Voodoo. I only added the humans.

nanison

nanison

Wow big ape, maybe this is where tales of yeti's and bigfoots come from. Imagine the brute strength it must have had!

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I never thought of this idea of ​​the Predator hunting ancient hominids before. Sounds wild in a cool way.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: nanison on Sep 12, 2021, 03:16:32 AM
Wow big ape, maybe this is where tales of yeti's and bigfoots come from. Imagine the brute strength it must have had!

Same. I imagine campfire tales, being told over and over again, over the ages. At some point the creature and subject of the story might be extinct, but the stories live on. It's why mythical tales sometimes hold some kind of truth to them.
I remember this piece about native Australians telling about giant crocodiles that used to live around there.
Later on bones were found. Bones of what appeared to be giant crocodiles. Confirming the native Australian stories, or at least part of it.

The series A Greek Odyssey with Bettany Hughes sometimes follow some ancient tale, which again holds some truths.

There's early drawings of a rhino where it appears to have some kind of special armour for skin.
Making it seem like a mythical creature. The skin part isn't true. But the strange animal with a horn part is.

The truth... Is out there!

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I like your way of thinking Baron  ;)

ace3g

ace3g

Another day, another BTS video from Dane Diliegro's IG story

**IMDb finally listed a cast member for Skulls ........ Amber Midthunder

That's a wrap

QuoteAnd that's a wrap on Skulls! Can't thank @dannytrs enough for inviting me along on this epic journey and entrusting me to help achieve his vision for this film! Thanks to a great cast led by @ambermidthunder, @dakotabeavers and @dd and much love to a brave Calgary crew for diving headfirst in with us! #skulls #predator

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: ace3g on Sep 12, 2021, 12:51:33 PM
QuoteAnd that's a wrap on Skulls! Can't thank @dannytrs enough for inviting me along on this epic journey and entrusting me to help achieve his vision for this film!

God I hope his vision for this film is good... No over the top things, no forced collaboration between preds and humans (we got enough of that IMO), just a gritty and dark survival movie, violent, implacable. Aaaand with a great pred design of course !  ;D

To be fully honest, at this point, just a better looking pred than what we recently got, even far from great, would be enough for me.

ace3g

ace3g

It is interesting that Kyle Strauts wasn't mentioned in that post.

DD replied in the post, get hyped #TeamSasquatch

Quotedd
Verified
was a pleasure being your sasquatch
1h

Clubroot

Clubroot

#TeamSasquatch #ItsFurry #TrustDan  :P

Clubroot

Clubroot

It makes sense they wrapped it up already. Amber Midthunder has recently been moved up to the main cast in the cw Roswell NM show. They already begun shooting Season 4 and Amber will most likely fly back to Santa Fe NM to join the cast
Lets hope Skulls delivers #TrustDan

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed