Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 734,161 times)

Master Chief

Master Chief

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Loving it, core gameplay's the best since the first three, but content's severely limited, the progression's absolute garbage, and the store's just utterly shameful. Pity because it's so fundamentally good.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'm sure they're working on updates to fix it.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

One can hope.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, I'm in the same boat - gameplay is easily the best the series has been since 3/Reach, and I have a blast playing just for playing's sake. But the progression system is all kinds of wonky in its current state, and I wish that the matchmaking playlists were a bit more varied right now.

Also been blowing through campaigns in the buildup to Infinite's own campaign release. I've made it through Halo Wars, Halo: Reach, Halo: Combat Evolved, the Earth missions in Halo 2, and about half of Halo 3: ODST so far. Gotta finish ODST, return to play the rest of 2, and then up after that is Halo 3, Halo 4, Halo 5: Guardians, and Halo Wars 2 (plus Operation SPEARBREAKER and Awakening the Nightmare expansions) on the slate. Hoping I can get all of that done before December 8th. :D

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 26, 2021, 02:49:15 AM
Loving it, core gameplay's the best since the first three, but content's severely limited, the progression's absolute garbage, and the store's just utterly shameful. Pity because it's so fundamentally good.
The more I play of Infinite's big team battle playlist, the less I like it. There's only 3 maps, being able to sprint with the flag fundamentally breaks CTF, the Total Control zone spawn points tend to favor one side of the map over the other, and Stockpile just isn't very fun.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I do not see how sprint breaks CTF, I do not agree with you on Total Control favouring one side over the other it might do that once per a side during a match but it changes enough that it ultimately does not matter, and I love Stockpile it's my favourite new mode in anything in years.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Personally speaking, I'm not spending money on the multiplayer (battle pass/cash shop). Progression is a joke and designed to make you spend money, they aren't fixing this until they've milked it for all its worth. They knew what they'd been doing. And given they couldn't be bothered to slap a texture on Jorge's shoulder pad it doesn't even feel worth it.

My thoughts on it playing well? It runs. It runs pretty well which is better than I can say for a lot of releases lately. The weapons aren't very good though and what I mean is a lot of the new additions suck and loose more engagements than the returning weapons. Someone actually thought gutting the sandbox was a good idea and they need to be punched for that. Fiesta isn't nearly as fun when half of the weapons are garbage like the Ravager. Thought the bulldog was fine though I'd prefer the old shot gun. I don't mind clamber and sprint, what I do mind is a lot of the maps don't take advantage of movement options. The gear also shouldn't be crap like a threat sensor when marking enemies like Hunting Grounds for example would work just as well and repulsor is fun but it's not as useful as I'd like. Gear should just be stuff like movement options like thrusters, jetpack, or the grapple.

The lack of being able to choose what mode I want is awful. I got really good at Oddball, I just wanted to play slayer. And because of challenges I've had several teams challenge grind or rubber band controllers for experience leading to us getting wiped. Certain challenge related items refuse to spawn as I haven't seen a Scorpion or Wraith outside Fiesta and I've been on almost every day since multiplayer launched.

It has good bones but this is a poor release like everyone else. Pretty much getting overshadowed by COD sucking as usual, 2042, and the GTA controversies.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Jumping between it and MCC myself whilst I hope it gets patched.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I've been playing a lot of MCC lately and Infinity just feels... unfinished, based on the sheer number of medals, stat tracking, balance, map count, customization, essentially everything. I think Infinite needed a little more time in the oven.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Isn't it still technically in beta?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Not really.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Wasn't the MCC broken at launch too?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It's more of a content absence than broken.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 28, 2021, 03:25:46 AM
Isn't it still technically in beta?

To be entirely accurate, "Beta" is being used for a lack of a better term as the game officially doesn't go live up until December 8th. They are testing servers and otherwise changing things for the street date, but the multiplayer is live and stated to be as intended for launch. The game had gone gold. There's no reason to believe we're still playing a beta build. It's more a beta in the sense that they're testing things on 343's end rather than the players.

The only thing I assume wouldn't be here is any cosmetics dropping from campaign. This is otherwise the full release as progress will also carry over on December 8th.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed