Moments in AVP:R That Made You Cringe/Laugh

Started by The Runner, Apr 06, 2019, 07:47:42 PM

Author
Moments in AVP:R That Made You Cringe/Laugh (Read 42,657 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 10, 2019, 03:55:45 PM
I see no one has explicitly mentioned the egg-barfing scene yet.  Does that mean it's gained acceptance?

SM

I see no one has explicitly mentioned the egg-barfing scene yet. 

It goes without saying.

Samhain13

I see no one has explicitly mentioned the egg-barfing scene yet.  Does that mean it's gained acceptance?

Cringe/laugh isn't what I would use to describe it.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 11, 2019, 04:01:02 PM

Cringe/laugh isn't what I would use to describe it.

Admire/respect?

Samhain13

Samhain13

More like pure confusion. I don't mind a temporary reproduction method for a young queen before she is able to lay eggs but it needs some drawbacks, making the egg laying more efficient in the end. Eggmorphing would have been better.

Alien is full of rape and mother imagery. Having a young queen face rape a human mother and "replace" her baby with its own is alien like and f**ked up. But skipping over the egg/facehugger and the multiple chestbursters makes it too overpowered and an asspull. It was a plot device to increase aliens numbers quickly.

Voodoo Magic

Yautja mouth = Reproductive Organ = Plot thickens!!

Wysps

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 11, 2019, 04:34:39 PM

Well when you put it that way  :laugh:

Huggs

Correction!

Quote from: Wysps on Apr 11, 2019, 09:15:56 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 11, 2019, 04:34:39 PM

Well when you put it IN that way  :laugh:

The Runner

By that logic if the Predalien egg barfs from it's host reproduce orfice then that means the "Queen" in Aliens had a schlong and forced some unwilling colonists to give it BJ's.  :P

SM

"logic"

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Runner on Apr 12, 2019, 06:48:03 AM
By that logic if the Predalien egg barfs from it's host reproduce orfice then that means the "Queen" in Aliens had a schlong and forced some unwilling colonists to give it BJ's.  :P

Or.....

It's the DNA Reflex. And the Yautja host DNA is so much more dominant, much more than humans and other hosts, that Predaliens become a hybrid of the two, i.e. the Predator DNA exerts a greater influence over the Alien species than other species.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Would make sense that a hybrid could use the way of reproduction that the host uses, the mutant queen did it in resurrection after all.

But the mistake they made in AVPR was to assume the predalien is actually a hybrid, which it should not be. The "normal" aliens are not really human\alien hybrids, just aliens. I don't see why the predator's DNA would be anything special in that regard  ;)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Kurgan on Apr 12, 2019, 01:18:16 PM
I don't see why the predator's DNA would be anything special in that regard  ;)

Exhibit A:

;D

The Kurgan

They flirted with the hybrid angle for sure, you just have to look at the skin color.

But it's still dumb, i hate it and the skinned preds were not even in the final movie  ;)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Kurgan on Apr 12, 2019, 01:39:01 PM
They flirted with the hybrid angle for sure, you just have to look at the skin color.

But it's still dumb, i hate it and the skinned preds were not even in the final movie  ;)

Actually, it is in the final movie. You can briefly see the hanging skinned Predator behind Wolf on the crashed ship in the background.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed