Do you read comic books?

Yes, all the time
No, never ever
Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 897,990 times)

Rorschach

Rorschach

I sometimes read comics here and there, but the only comic book series that I've really been into was Watchmen, and that was twenty years ago.  ;D

Master Chief

Master Chief

Geez mister, you must be like...old. ;)

Aeus

Aeus

Or a pretty smart kid.  :D

Rorschach

Rorschach

Quote from: Master Chief on Mar 31, 2009, 10:36:03 PM

That's funny. ;) I read a post of yours. You said you were about thirty in it. Whether you were bluffing or not, you must be thirty two by now.  ;) If that's true your older than me for definite.  ;)

Update: I never thought of you trying to blast me if that's how my reply sounded like.  ;)

Cellien

Cellien

The 'Chief is that old.   :D

I recently bought a Thunderbolts vs. Deadpool comic.  It was pretty cool, first comic I've bought in about 15 years.  Deadpool just looked so awesome on the cover. :)  My wife has gone Terminerd since Sarah Connor Chronicles came out, so she bought $27 worth of Terminator comics last weekend.  Half of them are the Terminator: Salvation prequel comics. 

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Cellien on Apr 01, 2009, 05:23:38 PM
I recently bought a Thunderbolts vs. Deadpool comic.

Is that the one where he's going up the lift shaft talking about Norman's hair?

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Kidnin on Apr 01, 2009, 03:40:41 PM
Quote from: Master Chief on Mar 31, 2009, 10:36:03 PM

That's funny. ;) I read a post of yours. You said you were about thirty in it. Whether you were bluffing or not, you must be thirty two by now.  ;) If that's true your older than me for definite.  ;)

haha...31 to be exact, and I hope you really didn't think I was trying to put you on blast.  I mean c'mon, who says "geez mister" anymore.

And as for Cellien, you just used up your last freebie. 8)

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

I didn't see a similar thread, so I figured I'd post here.

I'm partial to superhero fare. 2000 AD, Punisher, and Hellblazer can be great, I'm sure, but I have a limit for how much depressing realism I'd like to read. I mostly read American comic books from Marvel and DC, though I'm no stranger to imprints like Vertigo and Ultimate Comics or alternatives like Dark Horse and Avatar Press. I find stories involving the Hulk, Superman, Batman, and the Green Lantern Corps the most fascinating. Deconstructionist stories are fine, but really, they're so 80s it hurts. I'd rather read things that reconstruct an established history and add to them or are fairly original. Favorite writers are...Stan Lee, Bill Finger, Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, Geoff Johns, Greg Pak, and Peter Tomasi, to name a few. Art from Jack Kirby, Sam Kieth, John Romita, Jr., Mike Deodato, and Frank Quitely appeals to me most. I prefer fairly recent or new ongoing runs, but right now, I'm reading the out-of-print Marvelman issues. They're okay, but I don't like how Moore seemed more interested in the Overman, subverting comic book origins, and dictatorship of the proletariat than he was in the original material (base as it may be).

So yeah, I read comics.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

What I currently try to keep up with:

Green lantern
scalped
Ultimate avengers
Deadpool
ElephantMen
Incredible Hulk
Hellboy
Beasts of burden
Goon
Spawn
Punisher MAX
Hellblazer

Shasvre

Shasvre

I read a few comics every now and then. I never buy the single issues, but wait for the hardcover editions instead. Two of my favorites are the Ultimates and The Walking Dead. I really recommend them both, especially the last one.

Huol

Huol

Currently reading

Green Lantern
Power Girl
All the blackest night cross overs.
Transmetropolitan
Gonna read sandman soon
Superman secret origin
Harley Quinn: Preludes and knock knock jokes
The Walking Dead
Y: the last man
Trying to read Captain America Reborn but that craps taking so long to come out and its not that great.

Quote from: Aeus on Apr 01, 2009, 06:58:57 PM

Is that the one where he's going up the lift shaft talking about Norman's hair?

I still don't understand that hair man

Aeus

Aeus

Hah, I love that issue of DP. He calls him a Brillo pad at one point doesn't he? Ah, I was laughing so much when I read that for the first time. No one can write DP like Joe Jelly.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Working in a comic shop like I do, I read a fair amount of stuff. Right now I'm getting Adventure Comics, any Aliens/Predator/AVP stuff that comes out, Batman, Batman and Robin, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, Guardians of the Galaxy, StarCraft, Teen Titans, and a fair amount of odd miniseries and whatnot. Very much looking forward to the upcoming Terminator and Stargate comics, too.

Necronomicon IV

Necronomicon IV

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Dec 10, 2009, 04:05:54 PM
Working in a comic shop like I do, I read a fair amount of stuff. Right now I'm getting Adventure Comics, any Aliens/Predator/AVP stuff that comes out, Batman, Batman and Robin, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, Guardians of the Galaxy, StarCraft, Teen Titans, and a fair amount of odd miniseries and whatnot. Very much looking forward to the upcoming Terminator and Stargate comics, too.

Woot, yeah! GotG ftgdmw!

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Huol on Dec 10, 2009, 11:18:20 AMTrying to read Captain America Reborn but that craps taking so long to come out and its not that great.

Same here. Thor, Invincible Iron Man, and Captain America have been boring me with all this build-up to Siege, which doesn't look too hot either. I might follow Fall of the Hulks instead.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed