New Aliens: Fireteam Elite Class & Feature Dropping With Season 3 Update on April 19th

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 29, 2022, 06:47:00 PM

Author
New Aliens: Fireteam Elite Class & Feature Dropping With Season 3 Update on April 19th (Read 10,970 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Just because people play it does not mean a recovery especially with a very popular intellectual property, for that you have to turn the public image of the thing around first of all. No Man's Sky succeeded at this but not much else to my knowledge, perhaps Warframe.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 31, 2022, 01:54:34 PM
Just because people play it does not mean a recovery especially with a very popular intellectual property, for that you have to turn the public image of the thing around first of all. No Man's Sky succeeded at this but not much else to my knowledge, perhaps Warframe.

There are some others.

https://www.ign.com/articles/biggest-video-game-comebacks

Aliens: Fireteam Elite actually had a good launch, they don't have to work as hard to restore a lot of good will even if some are growing tired of waiting. So I really don't think they'll have that much of an issue bringing original players back, as well as a new crowd, once substantial new content finally does arrive.

Crossplay, PVP, Campaign content, Horde expansion, things like that I'd bet would see player boosts. Hopefully they have another Q&A around when Season 3 drops and they can communicate to folks frustrations a bit more.

My point is when examining other AA games like World War Z, like Terminator: Resistance, Killing Floor 2, or Space Hulk: Deathwing, the timetable for new content for this really isn't that out of step.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

I"M hoping they will be more vocal about the pending final season.
There are some perceptions that they can do a final campaign, i think if they are going to release it, why not tease it like now. Or put in easter eggs in the game in the next season release.  Like maybe add a screengrab to a laptop in our ship that a Alpha is looking at or something.

So many have grinded to get acheivements and now we got to grind some more months on more marine related stuff.geeze

Eventually they will just remove the 'Aliens' from the title and just call it Fireteam Elite. They will just throw in some remote controlled radio drones and have our members shoot at it in a shooting gallery....puh..like that would happen.

Buttz

Haven't played since season 1. Still haven't seen anything that makes me want to return.

Voodoo Magic

Yeah for me personally, it has nothing to do with being on the timetable I want, but rather (while fun) Aliens FTE remains an incomplete and unfinished experience. Even the campaign they had abruptly ended which gave me the feeling like Cold Iron ran out of time and/or money and released what they had. Now entering April 2022, that incomplete experience feeling feels too far removed (for me) to be mended.

This is why I gave it such tough love back in September on the AvPGalaxy podcast (shameless plug)  ;D
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/134-me-and-my-squad-of-ultimate-baddasses/id454059519?i=1000536358314

426Buddy

426Buddy

I gave the game lots of love when it was released. But the game is like junk food, empty calories and no nutritional value. That's okay but it doesn't take long before you just want a real meal.

The incredibly repetitive nature of the game and the lack of any real story-telling just makes a short lived and disposable experience.

I had fun, I played through a couple times, and the game looks great. I certainly got my money's worth ($30), but there is no desire to come back until they give us something that actually has some meat on the bone.

I think mixing up the gameplay a bit, adding more boss fights, and having some actual story telling could have made this a far better and more complete experience.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

You guys who dislike the game seem to want more from it than was initially offered. Sounds like you guys need Horizon Forbidden West or Death Stranding as I've been playing and it fills a void that is almost too hectic to try to get through. I tend to play more AFTE in longer sittings than i do these open world games.
So I'm just saying, complaining about having nothing usually means you're never happy with anything.

Conclusion: Completist still grind AFTE, so there is something to say about those who still want to complete achievements. AFTE isn't an experience meant to be fulfilled like AAA open world games. If there is anything to be learned from this, it means they will continue to drag AFTE out much like its' other fair game ilk. Whatever that may be.

But continue to gripe while forgetting that you're on a fan forum. This is what this place is here for right? To be the only vocal demographic in which your bitter voice is suppose to over power your inner most voice. Or maybe that is the inner most voice? --great.,now you know how much you're valued here.

Gripe posts- 100000 posts
Thumbs up- 0
So glad this forum doesn't have thumbs capabilities. Otherwise it would be a different type of forum.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

When 50 competitor gaming companies make 600 fake accounts each and posts fakes gripes on competing fanforum. I could see it happening now. not like its actually happening now. and not like any of the fake accounts are any more ballsier than real life fans. phhh. its a fact that fake account owners express more humility and compassion than realer people. (eyes rolling to the back of my head)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: acrediblesource on Apr 02, 2022, 05:02:29 PM
But continue to gripe while forgetting that you're on a fan forum. This is what this place is here for right?

Where are you when my beloved Aliens vs Predator Requiem is repeatedly trashed?  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Enough with that attitude, acrediblesource.

Adamantiumhip

So far its been massively disappointing dlc.

I would have liked some kenner skins or other well known characters from the comics, novels etc. its been mostly super generic. And Im a bit disappointed the new story content never materialised.

Love the game but the season pass has been a huge disappointment for me so far.  Kenner skins would make it worth it lol

bobby brown

I have to agree, very empty experience. couldn't they have at least shat out some new interesting alien types? Like how come they didn't even use the Neomorph?

Kailem

Kailem

Well we know there's at least some new campaign DLC and enemies on the way, so maybe they might show up somewhere in that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed