First Marvel Collection Revealed

Started by Russ840, Aug 19, 2020, 07:48:02 PM

Author
First Marvel Collection Revealed (Read 51,536 times)

426Buddy

It would be funny if Land put out a career defining original piece of art for the cover lol. :laugh:

SM

SM

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 21, 2020, 01:48:46 PM
It didn't help that Prometheus run (IMO) had the weakest artwork out of all L&D comics. It looks a bit amateur

The writing on L & D promised a lot more than the art delivered.

RhubarbLeaves

Quote from: Russ840 on Aug 21, 2020, 07:47:02 AM
The Nelson cover is the direct market variant.

A bit harder to get as they normally sell out quick and you cant get direct market variants from the likes of Amazon.

Does anyone know how to go about purchasing direct market variants in the UK? Not really a fan of Lands art.

Russ840

Quote from: RhubarbLeaves on Aug 22, 2020, 03:26:20 PM
Quote from: Russ840 on Aug 21, 2020, 07:47:02 AM
The Nelson cover is the direct market variant.

A bit harder to get as they normally sell out quick and you cant get direct market variants from the likes of Amazon.

Does anyone know how to go about purchasing direct market variants in the UK? Not really a fan of Lands art.

From a comic store or online from the likes of forbidden Planet

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: SM on Aug 21, 2020, 10:47:20 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Aug 21, 2020, 01:48:46 PM
It didn't help that Prometheus run (IMO) had the weakest artwork out of all L&D comics. It looks a bit amateur

The writing on L & D promised a lot more than the art delivered.

I just received both L&D and F&S in hardcover through the mail.  So excited!

426Buddy

I mostly enjoyed F&S, some really great art in places. L&D was just okay, pretty bland art for the most part. The predator run for L&D was my favorite of that series.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 22, 2020, 08:38:48 PM
I mostly enjoyed F&S, some really great art in places. L&D was just okay, pretty bland art for the most part. The predator run for L&D was my favorite of that series.

I liked F&S fairly well, and increasingly so with time.  I never read F&S, and stayed off the forum topics related to it, but from what I gather, it's pretty bad.  So I am going in with lowered expectations.  Maybe that will help make the series better...

Kradan

Kradan

Am, you mean L&D ?

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 22, 2020, 08:54:52 PM
Am, you mean L&D ?

Sorry.  Yes.  L&D.

Kradan

Kradan

OK. I wouldn't call L&D bad. I'd call it more "generic" and "tamed" in vomparision to F&S

SM

SM

I wouldn't call it bad by any stretch either.  I just remember reading the scripts thinking "this is going to be so epic" and it kinda wasn't.

And I shall try to use the word vomparison (comparing two things in regards to how much they make one want to spew) in a sentence sometime this week.

Kradan

Kradan

:D I'm not editing this one out !

Rumour has it that I've invented word "froward" as well

Rambo

Rambo

Anyone familiar with how far Marvel spreads out successive omnibi? I'm very interested in see what's in the second volume, which should cover the unfinished Crusade story.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Rambo on Aug 23, 2020, 11:28:00 PM
Anyone familiar with how far Marvel spreads out successive omnibi? I'm very interested in see what's in the second volume, which should cover the unfinished Crusade story.

Usually an Omnibus is centered around a certain run or a certain creative team. This is a bit different, being a licensed property, and it looks like they are just lumping things by release order chronologically. I'd guess each one will be roughly the same length, page count wise. Not quite sure exactly how deep into things that would go for Volume 2...

426Buddy

Does anyone here have a copy of The Compleat Aliens? I could have had it for a couple hundred dollars 5 or 6 years ago. I see it going for $1,000-$2500 now.  :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed