Which Console?

Started by BauhausConcept, Sep 02, 2014, 10:26:36 PM

Author
Which Console? (Read 12,573 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Jango1201 on Oct 07, 2014, 02:46:20 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 07, 2014, 02:38:59 AM
I think you can make good Aliens style games......like you said AvP and AvP2 were Aliens inspired more than anything else and both rocked. 

Its the endless throwbacks to the previous movies that are killing the games now though.  I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK TO ACHERON.  I DON'T WANT DISINTERESTED ACTORS MAKING A MONEY GRAB RETURN TO THE FRANCHISE.  Hell I don't even want to see Gateway or anything else featured in Aliens for ten seconds other than the Marines.....or something like them.

Just give me Marines visiting various locales across the galaxy with Aliens in them like we were supposed to get with ACM.  Its such a simple concept yet continuously has been f**ked up since AvP2. 

AvP2 was linear yes, but it felt so much bigger than 2010 and ACM.  I don't know how games get made now with such a small scope compared to where they were back in the day. 

*obviously isolation would be exempt because it is designed to be one on one, you vs the beast*

I'll admit I would like to see Gateway station fully realized in today's modern graphics. It could be a great start to an earth war game or another interstellar narrative.

the locale itself was only ever used in AVP that I can remember.

I just hate how they always have to tie Aliens stories to something previous. 

*While exploring gateway you just happen to stumble upon a bishop android.  again*

Jango1201

Jango1201

As far as I know that was the only time. But if they left out out the fan service and made it it's own without any references other then the station itself, I think I would work.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

they haven't shown the capacity to do that lately though. 

if they could refrain from the fan service maybe

the station itself would be the only fan service you need

Jango1201

Jango1201

Exactly. We know what happened before in the films. WE'RE ALIENS FANS!!!

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

So it true that the next gen versions look and play the same as the PS3 and 360 versions? Sorry, I haven't follow the game that much.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 07, 2014, 03:37:44 AM
the locale itself was only ever used in AVP that I can remember.

I just hate how they always have to tie Aliens stories to something previous. 

*While exploring gateway you just happen to stumble upon a bishop android.  again*

That's my problem. I'm sick of rehashing environments. I don't mind similar asthetics and designs because I can buy widespread prefab for colonies or ships. And I also like expansion. The only thing I really liked in ACM getting to explore the Sulaco a bit more.

I'd rather new - but similar locations to maintain visual continuity -  like we're getting in AI. I also just want more Jockey/Engineer locations - I loved exploring that in AvP2.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Ash 937 on Oct 07, 2014, 02:29:43 AM
I still believe that a good FPS based on Aliens is completely possible...and the way to go.  AvP1 and AvP2 are examples of that.  Halo was largely inspired by Aliens as well. 

It can be done.  It just requires the right team with the right kind of passion and a proper budget.

No, I totally agree with you. There's always a way to do a better FPS, even if I think they've become sort of a mill over the last ten years - I can't be bothered with COD, etc.

But I also think an action-based RPG like the latter two Mass Effects would serve Aliens very well - a good mix of pulse pounding action that fans love, but also character. While the story of Isolation isn't necessarily anything too new - I would've gone a little more crazy than they did with the origin of the outbreak on Sevastopol - it is largely well-told IMO, and a good deal more emotionally grounded for me because Amanda's someone I care about, thanks to the performances of the two women (voice and physical model) and the writing. I'd like to see an Aliens game that can bring at least some of the kind of care to character that Jim Cameron had and some of the personal weight of Isolation's story, which I feel pays off very well, while retaining the classic action.

And yeah - I never need to see LV-426 again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed