74 (18.3%)
Love them both
5 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 398

Author
AvPR vs A:R (Read 142,540 times)

The Old One

The Old One

4K with Darius Khondji's oversight please!

thexenomorphfanboy

thexenomorphfanboy

Alien vs predator requiem takes the win!!!
i have way more issues with resurrection and i find it easier to watch requiem!

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Avpr simply because I find a few of the scenes to be a bit more creepy and disturbing.

Kradan

Kradan

I'll prefer Resurrection but maternity ward sequence including notoriously know egg-barfing scene is pretty scary and f**ked up, I'll give Requiem that.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

I used to hate Resurrection so much. Still do for multitude of reasons that I post once in a while because this list is as big as an article, but I mostly hated it for ruining what I thought was a perfect trilogy and continuing it despite such a great closure in such a cheap way, and dragging the mythology from a trilogy made by masters into a silly late 90s star trekkie action flick filled with all that was wrong with late 90s.  AVP:R is a spinoff and a separate story so it would not have been part of the Ripley saga, therefore this wouldn't directly ruin it because the saga would have still been a trilogy, so my vote goes for AVP:R

Janek

Janek

Quote from: StrangeShape on Apr 16, 2020, 05:30:21 AM
I used to hate Resurrection so much. Still do for multitude of reasons that I post once in a while because this list is as big as an article, but I mostly hated it for ruining what I thought was a perfect trilogy and continuing it despite such a great closure in such a cheap way, and dragging the mythology from a trilogy made by masters into a silly late 90s star trekkie action flick filled with all that was wrong with late 90s.  AVP:R is a spinoff and a separate story so it would not have been part of the Ripley saga, therefore this wouldn't directly ruin it because the saga would have still been a trilogy, so my vote goes for AVP:R

Agree 100% mate, Alien 3 was/is the perfect ending.

At least A:R happens 200 years later and it is not really THE Ripley we are watching.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Janek on Apr 23, 2020, 10:22:45 PM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Apr 16, 2020, 05:30:21 AM

Agree 100% mate, Alien 3 was/is the perfect ending.

At least A:R happens 200 years later and it is not really THE Ripley we are watching.

No Ripley, No Weyland Yutani, no real aliens either, since theyre genetic mutants made from an unpure source. So its easier to distance it from the series. Its not Ripley story anymore, which has ended in A3

nicky

nicky

They are both SHIT.

I only saw AvP-R at the cinema once and again online just to give it "another chance". Never bothered since 2008. That's what you get when you hire fanboy FX guys to direct.

Resurrection I saw at cinema and as I'm a completist had it on a single DVD and again when it was with the DVD Quadrilogy and then BR Anthology. I watched them just cos I owned it and all the extras just so I could say I'd done so. I never voluntarily watch it. That's what you get when you hire a pretentious art-fag who hardly speaks English to direct.

If I had to chose one to watch though it would be Resurrection. At least I can f**king see what's going on. Hang on, maybe it's less painful if I DON'T see what's going on....

SM

SM

Quote from: nicky on May 28, 2020, 01:12:32 AM
They are both SHIT.

I only saw AvP-R at the cinema once and again online just to give it "another chance". Never bothered since 2008. That's what you get when you hire fanboy FX guys to direct.

Resurrection I saw at cinema and as I'm a completist had it on a single DVD and again when it was with the DVD Quadrilogy and then BR Anthology. I watched them just cos I owned it and all the extras just so I could say I'd done so. I never voluntarily watch it. That's what you get when you hire a pretentious art-fag who hardly speaks English to direct.

If I had to chose one to watch though it would be Resurrection. At least I can f**king see what's going on. Hang on, maybe it's less painful if I DON'T see what's going on....

There's no call for the homophobia.

Or obnoxiously large font.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Does Jeunet ride a Harley?

SiL

SiL

An artistic one, apparently.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 28, 2020, 03:01:39 AM
Does Jeunet ride a Harley?

Quote from: SM on May 28, 2020, 02:51:10 AM
Quote from: nicky on May 28, 2020, 01:12:32 AM
They are both SHIT.

There's no call for the homophobia.

Or obnoxiously large font.

Maybe, it's just my poor knowledge of English but I honestly don't see case of homophobia in that post

SiL

SiL

"Fag", amongst other things, is a pejorative for gay people.

Kradan

Kradan

Oh

Now I know that. Thanks

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Although confusingly it can also mean cigarette in the UK.

"Can I bum a fag?" for instance can be completely innocuous over here.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed