Alien: Specimen - 40th Anniversary Short

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Apr 02, 2019, 07:11:33 PM

Author
Alien: Specimen - 40th Anniversary Short (Read 48,744 times)

Russ840

I really liked this. 

Stratocast3r2001

Stratocast3r2001

Wow!!! Well done.  For a short it was f**king fantastic.:)

Hadley Hope's Soggy Donut

Hadley Hope's Soggy Donut

A step up from last week's short in every way. I liked 'Containment,' but it still felt like a fan film, trying too hard to belong in the Alien universe. Been there, done that. 'Specimen,' on the other hand, shows how the franchise can and should branch out beyond Ripley and the colonial marines. This film feels comfortable creating its own world, in which the nightmare creature is then introduced and horror ensues. I smiled when the montage started with the rock music. "Finally," I thought, "a filmmaker is trying a new direction that truly feels modern, and yet still feels like Alien." Studios cling to original elements way too long (looking at you, Indiana Jones!). Give the franchise to new, young filmmakers, and let them have the freedom to bring the horror back to Alien. Great job, crew of 'Specimen'!

SM

First one was good, this one was much better.

BishopShouldGo

That was awesome! Loved the twist.

Neocron

Neocron

This was great!  I liked "Containment"... but that one felt way too rushed.  This one was perfectly paced and kept me on the edge of my seat.  Maggie was definitely a good dog (and what a great addition to the mythos branching out in that direction).

Kimo

Oscar for the mutt. Not bad short.

Huggs

So it's National Geographic's Mars meets Alien 3.

I like it. Very doable as a show, if you're listening Disney.

Vastly superior short over last week, in all categories. Very professional.

I want more of this.

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Great atmosphere and cinematography. This one felt longer than the last. Which is definitely a good thing. The Dog was great and the main character relatable.

However, the Facehugger cgi was a little too dodgy for me. Especially the long shot at the end.

The Old One

The Old One

The CGI's great for £30,000.

JungleHunter87

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 05, 2019, 10:54:08 PM
The CGI's great for £30,000.

For the money? Maybe, I wouldn't know off hand.

For me personally? It's too obviously fake and computer generated.

SuperiorIronman

I would try and do this point by point but F*** I love this short.

This is really good, leave it to the Alien and Predator franchises to have the best doggos out there in science-fiction. From the music montage, hitting the damn facehugger with a shovel and that reveal, more of this please. I'd love to see more of this I love this short A++.

Perfect-Organism

Pretty good. Pretty good!!

Samhain13

Samhain13

This one was better. Facehugger cgi looked a little weird, wish they would focus a little more on the aliens appearing. AVP Redemption was made with like 500 dolars and still managed to make the facehuggers look alright for the most part.

P-Rock

Yeah, this was a good short. Much better than Containment in every way.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed