New Trailer Revealed At Playstation State Of Play

Started by DarthJoker45, Dec 10, 2019, 02:28:49 PM

Author
New Trailer Revealed At Playstation State Of Play (Read 26,521 times)

Kailem

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 16, 2019, 11:37:21 PM
So if we don't get a City Hunter skin, maybe I can create one?

It does rather make me think the pre-order Jungle Hunter skin might be the only movie skin we might get. I hope I'm wrong obviously, but I'm thinking the same, that we might get some customisable cosmetics that are inspired by those Preds rather than straight-up being them.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: molasar on Dec 17, 2019, 12:04:17 AM
The City Hunter skin is exclusive to Epic Games Store.
Spoiler
Just kidding.
[close]

I was just about to sigh until I clicked that spoiler tag.  :laugh:

Quote from: Kailem on Dec 16, 2019, 09:47:00 PM
One thing I only noticed after watching the trailer again is it looks like we'll be able to customise our Predator's skin colour. During the shots of all the different masks and armour colours the skin changes colours with each one too. Some are lighter with green spots, some have that dark brown/red City Hunter kinda look.

Definitely another very cool feature if that's the case.

I think there's some model change, as well as colour change in there too.

Quote from: Kailem on Dec 17, 2019, 08:38:10 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 16, 2019, 11:37:21 PM
So if we don't get a City Hunter skin, maybe I can create one?

It does rather make me think the pre-order Jungle Hunter skin might be the only movie skin we might get. I hope I'm wrong obviously, but I'm thinking the same, that we might get some customisable cosmetics that are inspired by those Preds rather than straight-up being them.

I'm wondering how split the appearance customisation is. Maybe it's a case of getting complete armour sets?

Kailem

Kailem

I'm thinking the colouring and patterns on the armour and masks are going to be separately customisable from the masks and armour themselves, rather than just "this mask is this colour" like we got in some previous games.

In the trailer one of the masks we saw was this red one:

Then the screenshots show what looks to be the same mask, only this time it's grey and with a skull-type camo pattern on it:

Add to that the text for the digital deluxe edition, which mentions "Playstation themed Predator and armour skin mask war paint", which implies that we'll be able to add colours/camo to the masks and armour we get (I'm thinking by default it'll be the traditional grey/silver, then we can change it if we want).

If that's the case then that'll be great, because that's just about the best way you could have a customisable video game Predator. It means that even if two people have the same masks and armour on their Predators could still look pretty different from one another.

Enjoy

Enjoy

Always liked the pillars in the penthouse in predator2

Kailem

Molasar already posted it a few pages back, but man do I really like our first look at an unmasked Predator.

I mean, that is just a Predator-ass Predator model, with shades of Greyback too. Just great.

The Shuriken

I like the boney protrusion spikes on the forehead, nice touch.

JokersWarPig

molasar

molasar

There is some aesthetic stuff that bothers me a little bit by looking at the screenshots from the game:
- a tiny version of shoulder cannon that looks more like a toy than intimidating weapon,
- Predator's short feet,
- bulky wrist devices- wristblade and computer bands.
Yes, I know it is the work-in-progress.

Anyway the game looks very satisfactory but two more things I still wish to see are AI bots and City Hunter skin.

Enjoy

Enjoy

That plasma caster is the cold shower model . I like the first two movies design the best.

The Old One

The Old One

Look at everything, it based off the Predators fundamental idea, streamlining everything.

molasar

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Dec 18, 2019, 08:54:35 PM
Look at everything, it based off the Predators fundamental idea, streamlining everything.
Streamlining the idea this way is not so good IMO.
For example a version of plasma caster in the first two screenshots looks weird in comparison to the one in the third one. However I am generally OK with the developers' aesthetical choices for the game.

The Old One

The Old One

I don't mind so much, it's modernised, but it's good.

Voodoo Magic

molasar

molasar

On the other hand they can always go to an opposite extremum and make those cannons ridiculously oversized, but like I mentioned before, those few issues bother me only a little bit. And it seems I do not have to be stuck with this particular plasma caster forever.
Not to mention a great gameplay is the main key to me.

Kailem

I think part of the reason for that could be that with these newer pics the base/mount seems to be very big, which in turn makes the cannon itself look a bit small by comparison. In that third/older pic the mount doesn't seem quite as large as it does now.

It's not something that bothers me personally, but I see where you're coming from. And if we're lucky maybe we'll get to customise the appearance of our weapons too so you could choose one that looks a bit bigger.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed