Alien vs. Predator (Atari Jaguar) - Super Thread

Started by OpenMaw, Jun 03, 2018, 07:43:53 AM

Author
Alien vs. Predator (Atari Jaguar) - Super Thread (Read 33,912 times)

426Buddy

426Buddy

I think all the key cards are always in the same place, atleast 1-4 are.

Not sure where Im headed next but I return to sub level 3 for health and ammo on occasion.

Found the motion tracker, its a big help actually lol.

molasar

molasar

I am not sure if this very short E3'97 camera footage from a cancelled PS1 port of AvP was shared on the forum before but here it is.

https://youtu.be/W1iDYImB2Zw?t=7528

Corporal Hicks

Was that a port of the Jag version, or the Rebellion PC?

molasar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 22, 2020, 09:32:31 AM
Was that a port of the Jag version, or the Rebellion PC?

It was supposed to be a new game based on Jag version with all unused ideas included. And the whole project ended up as AvP 1999 on PC.

426Buddy

Having put a few hours into AvPJag I am really digging the slower survival horror type pace.

Its a huge contrast to AvP99, which is fast and all action.

Ive really kinda been hooked now, I have a whole new appreciation for this game after giving it a chance.

molasar

Here is a video clip showing a compilation of screenshots from an article about cancelled version of AvP from 1997. It seems they wanted to use the same method of creating characters like in Jag version (digitized: human actors and figurines of Aliens and Predators).

Scans of the article (in Spanish)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/p0q5qkclxhcsy23/avpshots.zip/file

426Buddy

I found the 6th key card, never got the 5th. But now I cant get back to a safe/savable area without dying lol.

molasar

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 23, 2020, 04:59:08 PM
I found the 6th key card, never got the 5th. But now I cant get back to a safe/savable area without dying lol.

So you use a native save system instead of emulator one? This is good; no cheating.

Would you like to see more Alien/Predator games made like this one but with all modern bells and whistles?

Corporal Hicks

I've been using save states in the Emulator. The saves I make in the game disappear once I exit the game.

426Buddy

Yesh ive been using the in game saves, seems to work good.

Just can't seem escape the medlab on sub level 4 with the the 6th key.

I have a save from before I went for the card but I dont want to start again that far back. just hoping one of these attempts I can make it back out of the medlab/vents alive.

Quote from: molasar on Jan 23, 2020, 09:34:03 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 23, 2020, 04:59:08 PM

So you use a native save system instead of emulator one? This is good; no cheating.

Would you like to see more Alien/Predator games made like this one but with all modern bells and whistles?

would love to see this game remade with current tech.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 23, 2020, 09:40:05 PM
I've been using save states in the Emulator. The saves I make in the game disappear once I exit the game.

You are right. I have checked as well. However after your death (without exiting the game) in the game saves work. Therefore a real hardware emulation can be recreated with a combination of the emulator saves.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 23, 2020, 11:19:25 PM
Yesh ive been using the in game saves, seems to work good.

Is it with a combination of the emulator saves i.e. you start the emulator and game, then load the emulator save, then play with using in the game saves and save with the emulator saves before closing it?

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 23, 2020, 11:19:25 PM
would love to see this game remade with current tech.

Somehow I feel that I would enjoy the 1997 cancelled version more than the released 1999 one.

426Buddy

Im not going to lie, when it comes to emulators I don't know what i'm doing, I actually had to get help to get it working. i click the save state to start and when I am done the next time I die I exit the program. when I start it back up I click the save state which starts where I left off at the high score screen and I load my last ingame save

molasar

molasar

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 24, 2020, 01:30:01 AM
Im not going to lie, when it comes to emulators I don't know what i'm doing, I actually had to get help to get it working. i click the save state to start and when I am done the next time I die I exit the program. when I start it back up I click the save state which starts where I left off at the high score screen and I load my last ingame save

This is what I thought. Once you start using the emulator, it creates a save state itself before you exit the program because its automatic save option is turn on from the get-go. Then the next time you load the last emulator automatic save state created for the game instead of loading the game itself. Therefore you can load the in game save.

426Buddy

426Buddy

After many many many deaths I finally retrieved the security 6 and made it back to a safe area and reloaded my heath and ammo. It was a brutal experience.

Then I took a trip to up a few levels and by chance found security card 7, with ease too lol :laugh:

- edit- I went and checked out the predator ship and walked away with a smart gun and security card 9. Never found 8 though. Not sure what to do next but im guessing the queen in sublvl 5 has the last card.

The Old One

The Old One

Attempting to get this running.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed