Predator campaign

Started by PsyKore, Apr 03, 2016, 11:49:39 AM

Author
Predator campaign (Read 6,015 times)

PsyKore

PsyKore

Been working on this the past week. So far it's pretty fun. Although, with the Predator I'm going to need to think more vertically when building from here on out so he can hunt for above. I'm aiming to make three levels.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Cool,only for AVP 2

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

New custom campaign?

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Hey,

Looks very promising!
I can feel the fear vibe in it  ;)

Cya

x-M-x

x-M-x

Ok lets get this 'clear'

Le Celticant is back (Check)
Windebieste is back (check)

and now finally the master of horror PsyKore is back!

Good things on the rise! looking good man! looking good!

;) ;D

KingKenny

KingKenny

Quote from: x-M-x on Apr 03, 2016, 04:03:33 PM
Ok lets get this 'clear'

Le Celticant is back (Check)
Windebieste is back (check)

and now finally the master of horror PsyKore is back!

Good things on the rise! looking good man! looking good!

;) ;D

My thoughts exactly.

Randomizer

Randomizer

There's an increase of activity in the AvP2 sub-board I haven't seen in a while. I take it that all these newbies coming out of the blue are motivating you all?

Very pleasing to see that the community hasn't died.  ;)

Spoiler
It also happens that I'm working on a 3-map Predator campaign as well.  :laugh:
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It really is quite nice. I'm liking the resurgence! I'm looking forward to trying them all out.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: Randomizer on Apr 03, 2016, 06:05:10 PM
There's an increase of activity in the AvP2 sub-board I haven't seen in a while. I take it that all these newbies coming out of the blue are motivating you all?

Very pleasing to see that the community hasn't died.  ;)

Spoiler
It also happens that I'm working on a 3-map Predator campaign as well.  :laugh:
[close]

I've felt motivated lately. Not sure why. Goes to show the power of releasing tools, though - 15 years later and the game is still alive. Imagine if A:CM and Isolation had tools - Ooh boy!

windebieste

windebieste

A 3 level campaign?  Oh... nice   :)

No tools being released for 'A:CM' is particularly lamentable:

- No truly moddable game for 15 years, now.
- That crap game could have significantly benefited by being completely overhauled by a Mod Community.
- 'A:CM' used Unreal Engine 3 - an engine that has at least an install base of over 1 million people known as UDK. 
- It's 'ALIENS', Man!  WHY WOULD YOU NOT RELEASE THE TOOLS FOR IT?!

On the other hand, this current resurgence in interest for modding a 15 year old title like 'AvP2' would indicate it's not too late to see mod tools get released.  Even if REBELLiON were to release an SDK for 'AvP 2010', those tools would be pounced upon faster than Kane could say "What's inside this thing, eh?"

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing this new Campaign progress. 

-Windebieste.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

That lack of published tools for the most recent game is indeed a shame.
I can understand it for Alien Isolation which is both Single Player (so likely to have very little community) + In House engine but I can absolutely not understand it for A:CM using the Unreal Engine 3 (while UE4 was on the edge to be released)
Especially considering the game was a failure and SEGA sued Gearbox for their handling of it publishing an unfinished game.
They could have greatly benefit a complete SDK release including the source code which is all out-dated now.

So here are the old Fox, back to AVP2, still kicking in the place.
I guess the recent interest people are (re)-having for DEdit is what pushed me back.

It's awesome to see PsyKore working on a Predator campaign, we need more of them!

PsyKore

PsyKore

Got some more pics below.

I was thinking of making the story based around you hunting down a predator from your own clan who has turned bad. It's a bit difficult to convey it properly in the game, though, so it's all bit up in the air at the moment. I might need help with maybe writing dialogue to set the situation up (because I'm rubbish at writing stories). But I'll worry about that once I've finished building.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Hey PsyKore,

Looks fantastic as always!
Love it, especially the corridor in the second picture, there's a very nice atmosphere in it.
Great work with lightning / shadows.

If needed, I can assist in writing dialog/stories, I somehow do that along with many things for a living.

PS: First picture, bottom left, the shelf, isn't there a foot that isn't properly inside its hole? (the one the most on the left).

Keep up the good work! Cya ;)

x-M-x

x-M-x

Nice! any ETA?

keep us posted man!

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: Le Celticant on Apr 08, 2016, 02:19:51 PM
PS: First picture, bottom left, the shelf, isn't there a foot that isn't properly inside its hole? (the one the most on the left).

I think that's just the fish eye camera kinda bending the perspective. There is a hole between where the pillar attaches to the shelf. Good eye, though!

Quote from: x-M-x on Apr 08, 2016, 04:02:38 PM
Nice! any ETA?

keep us posted man!

I'm hoping end of May.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed