Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 Would Have Used Practical Alien Effects

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 25, 2019, 10:21:32 AM

Author
Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 Would Have Used Practical Alien Effects (Read 28,726 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Because Neill Blomkamp.

JokersWarPig

Eh, I'm pretty sure it was to imply that that specific alien was going to molt into a queen, not that Big Chap was a queen all along.
No way to be sure though unless we see the script one day.

JokersWarPig

Well there's a lot of EU lore that would support a normal alien molting into a queen so I don't really see any issue with it

JokersWarPig

But...it makes sense for the first alien to be hatched would molt into a queen if it lived long enough. If it had a ridged head would you still hate it or does the fact it has a dome like BC make you hate it?

Local Trouble

If it wasn't just Big Chap with two extra arms I might be more willing to buy it.  If it's supposed to be a molting into a queen, then it should display some of the queen's other signature traits as well.

Nightmare Asylum

Given the facility we saw in the early concept art, it seems to me that the film would have dealt with a Resurrection-esque mad scientist setup and Alien experimentation; if Goro-Alien isn't molting into a Queen, it could potentially be the result of some of WY's tests.

Huggs

With any luck, we'll never know.

JokersWarPig

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 25, 2019, 10:14:24 PM
Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 25, 2019, 10:06:54 PM
But...it makes sense for the first alien to be hatched would molt into a queen if it lived long enough. If it had a ridged head would you still hate it or does the fact it has a dome like BC make you hate it?

The idea that the Big Chaps became Warriors was bad enough, but the idea that they become Queens is even worse.

To each their own I guess.

Kradan

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 25, 2019, 10:14:24 PM
The idea that the Big Chaps became Warriors was bad enough, but the idea that they become Queens is even worse.

Why? I always love that theory and consider it as logical continuation of creature's evolution.

JokersWarPig

I don't really follow that logic. Nothing was replaced, it just got added to

Kradan

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 25, 2019, 10:25:28 PM
Because you're essentially saying that  H.R Giger's creation is replaced with James Cameron's in due time, and that's immensely f**ked.

I think that Cameron's Queen stands on the same level with Giger's Alien in terms of design and in terms of valueness for franchise's lore.

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 25, 2019, 10:27:43 PM
I don't really follow that logic. Nothing was replaced, it just got added to

Exactly

Kradan

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 25, 2019, 10:32:46 PM
You're retroactively turning HR Giger's Alien into the juvenile or "immature" form of another creature, greatly diminishing the 1979 version.

Not at all. Didn't Giger himself admit that Queen was true to his original design?

Roby

Neill is great with visuals. I'm sure his practical alien/s would have been great. Yeah, practical always looks awesome, but it's expensive to do right. I'm sure his budget would have been big enough to do awesome work though.

Kradan

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 25, 2019, 10:39:15 PM
He said it was a beautiful design and it is, a beautiful separate creature. Not a replacement.

Still, i don't understand how turning-into-queen idea devalues original creature to any degree. I mean, they belong to the same specie, so what the problem? Alien is perfect inteligent lethal creature, Queen is perfect inteligent creature that can birth death.

Immortan Jonesy

It's no a replacement, but she is the final boss/threat during the climax (a prequel to the bigger & badder fetish of recent years).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed