"I Know It's Sacrilege, But..." - Discussing News on Noah Hawley's Alien Series & Fede Alvarez's Alien Project - AvP Galaxy Podcast #141

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 17, 2022, 03:03:50 PM

Author
"I Know It's Sacrilege, But..." - Discussing News on Noah Hawley's Alien Series & Fede Alvarez's Alien Project - AvP Galaxy Podcast #141 (Read 8,947 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 17, 2022, 10:52:52 PM
Also just so you all know, Legion's now on Disney+ in the UK version. In terms of you guys doing your homework, I think you need to check the entirety of that and Fargo Season 1 out, and The Terror that Ridley Scott produced imo, and Raised By Wolves Season 1, if you want to have a proper and in depth discussion about what this Series might look like instead of purely going on statements and such.

And he does not like J.R.R Tolkien either? ... Jesus Christ

Blue, why don't you just start your own podcast series ?  Bring CB as co-host, should be fun

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Also just so you all know, Legion's now on Disney+ in the UK version. In terms of you guys doing your homework, I think you need to check the entirety of that and Fargo Season 1 out, and The Terror that Ridley Scott produced imo, and Raised By Wolves Season 1, if you want to have a proper and in depth discussion about what this Series might look like instead of purely going on statements and such.

I did watch the majority of the first seasons of Terror and RbWs, and did really enjoy them. Other factors just made me unable to finish them, but I did want to. Just wish RbWs was easier to get hold of in the UK. I checked for a home release recently but no dice.  :'( I'm glad Legion is out on Disney+ though. That'll make that nice and easy to get hold of!

QuoteAnd he does not like J.R.R Tolkien either? ... Jesus Christ

This was actually the point I realized I wasn't into fantasy as a genre too.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 17, 2022, 04:44:38 PM
YouTube says I "need to log in to confirm my age" to watch the video. Explicit language flag apparently...  :-\

I always mark them as having language in them anyway.  :laugh:

Quote from: NoStyleDutch on Mar 17, 2022, 06:13:10 PM
In regards to the on-the-nose names for the series that likely came from casting calls: I've done video auditions for Star Wars Force Awakens where the characters had random names and I realized after seeing the movie we're for Finn and Rey.
Same thing for the Ready Player One audition I did.  So I assume and hope that the hermit's name isn't really "Hermit" lol

I had been considering the same. It's just I know that name has survived multiple drafts - but that's not to say it can't still change, especially with the delay in the filming. There's a few names in this that haven't been revealed as yet that I don't actually like and hope change, but we'll see.

Which you actually wont need to wait much longer to see. New article incoming.

Quote from: Gimitko on Mar 17, 2022, 04:44:13 PM
Listened to a recent podcast with Hawley and he said hes got 2 Alien episodes left to write. He also talked about the central thematic conflict of the series, it went something like this:

"On the one hand you have humanity overcoming nature even more with transhuman enchancements and other technologies controlled by powerful corporations, on the other you have the aliens there to remind them they are just prey. The Alien franchise for me has been about the people sandwiched between the two"

Do you remember the name of the show?

BlueMarsalis79

I'd highly recommend finishing The Terror, if Alien's anything like that we are in for a real treat, I have also had the same issue with Raised By Wolves myself, so I don't blame anyone for not having watched it.

Perhaps not medieval fantasy, but the genre's much larger than just J.R.R Tolkien's Legendarium, although I can hardly fathom someone not enjoying Lord of the Rings (the films) to me, it is everything that medium has to offer as an artform at it's peak.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 18, 2022, 06:43:26 AM

I did watch the majority of the first seasons of Terror and RbWs, and did really enjoy them. Other factors just made me unable to finish them, but I did want to. Just wish RbWs was easier to get hold of in the UK. I checked for a home release recently but no dice.  :'( I'm glad Legion is out on Disney+ though. That'll make that nice and easy to get hold of!

It hasn't been formally announced yet, to the best of my knowledge, but there is a pre-order link up and live for a region B release of the first season of Raised By Wolves:

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Raised-by-Wolves-The-Complete-First-Season-Blu-ray/311605/

No news of a region A release, alas, so I'm hoping the disc itself is region free when it releases.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 18, 2022, 12:33:55 AM
Xenomorphine was on point about Caprica.  This series has been giving me the same vibe ever since all this information started leaking.

And we'll probably find ourselves waiting for the aliens in same way Caprica kept us waiting for the Cylons.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way!

Nightmare Asylum

Caprica was sort of a slog, but I thought its central concepts it was exploring were very interesting. The execution left a whole lot to be desired, though.

kwisatz

I plan to wait for the Ronald D. Moore version of this anyway.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 18, 2022, 06:18:42 AM
Blue, why don't you just start your own podcast series ?  Bring CB as co-host, should be fun

Are you sure you want to hear me deadpanning longwinded and intentionally provocative hot takes?

Local Trouble

I want to hear verbal shitposting in a Kiwi accent.

[cancerblack]

Maybe Blue should just record my spiels after a few beers then, verbal shitposting would be a fair descriptor.

Immortan Jonesy

You should sing metal after a few beers and ask Blue to record that.

Kradan

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 19, 2022, 12:17:44 AM

Are you sure you want to hear me deadpanning longwinded and intentionally provocative hot takes?

Why not ? I like me some hot takes

Ingwar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 18, 2022, 06:43:26 AM
This was actually the point I realized I wasn't into fantasy as a genre too.

You haven't read proper modern fantasy then ;D Tolkien is obviously classis but it's not for everyone.

426Buddy

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 19, 2022, 05:53:41 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 19, 2022, 12:17:44 AM

Why not ? I like me some hot takes

I like hot cakes

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed