Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 676,185 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

If I'm allowed to be pretentious for a second, Die Hard's superior entertainment, most likely, but Covenant's art. It's not a fair comparison to either of them.

Kradan

Kradan

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 22, 2020, 11:24:59 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Dec 22, 2020, 10:46:36 PM
I still dig The Predator so it's okay  :laugh:

You should've started with that !  ;D

https://i.gifer.com/8f1Y.gif

Can I be Arnold on this one ? Then I won't lose my arm afterwards... :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

AvP does win with the romantics at heart!

https://twitter.com/FnVoodooMagic/status/1399745408952418312?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Alright, I laughed.  :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

:laugh:

Glad someone did!

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

AVPR for me.

When its an Alien or Predator film you have to have a R rating and gore. AVP feels like an introduction for tweens to the franchises; toning down the horror to make it more palpable for a younger audience [and get those extra dollars too]. AVPR on the other hand feels like the true collision between the Predator and Xenomorph.

AVP disappointed me, it felt too conservative. We don't need exposition or the Aurora Borealis. We want to see a smackdown between the two most dangerous creatures in the universe, "Whoever Wins, We Lose," should have been the tagline for AVPR, while AVP should have had the tagline, "Date Night with a Predator." :D

I love AVPR, the woodland atmosphere and city, how Xenos overwhelm the inhabitants (realistic) and how Wolf kicks some Xenomorph tail. The acting is terrible at times, but trust me, teens act like that, I was one.

In the end I think fans of the Predator and Xenos have each a film to love. For me AVP woukd have been better with the traditional blood, horror, and gore; I mean during the chestburster scene I yawned, and not because I've seen chestbursters before.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Watching AvP.

It didn't even get to 1:45 before reminding me why I rate it so low, basic plot aside.

SiL

SiL

Every time I watch that movie I do it because I will always remember the hype leading up to its release and it gives me the warm fuzzies.

And then the reality hits.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

"It's Aliens versing Predators, but on earth and for kids!"

SiL

SiL

I was 13 and it was the first time I was going to see an Alien or Predator movie on the big screen, I couldn't have cared less about the rating.

Also in the Australian rating system it was equal to Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 (at the time) and Predator. Only Resurrection and P2 were rated higher.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I didn't so much mean the rating as the general attitude it presents itself with. At least the CGI is mostly genuinely amazing for the year and budget, I guess.

PsyKore

PsyKore

The hype was great. The fall was brutal. And then AvPR came along and pretty much pissed on the franchise and everyone still underwhelmed from the first one.

Before AvP I was really hopeful at the time, considering Paul Anderson made Event Horizon, that even if AvP is average at best, it'll still be a cool sci-fi horror piece in a similar vain. Anderson showed he had the competency to do it; and it was exciting. But yikes!.... not even close.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 07, 2022, 09:41:48 AMI didn't so much mean the rating as the general attitude it presents itself with. At least the CGI is mostly genuinely amazing for the year and budget, I guess.
Well yeah but you don't really get that out until you watch the movie. That's what I mean, the lead up was great.

Then you  watch the movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed