Alien: Awakening takes place between Prometheus and Covenant?

Started by Mala'kak, Jun 10, 2020, 07:41:47 AM

Author
Alien: Awakening takes place between Prometheus and Covenant? (Read 7,288 times)

Mala'kak

Interesting quote here:

"It will go Prometheus, Awakening, Covenant.. fairly integral where this colonization ship is on the way....

And...

Alien: Awakening is supposedly the title of the next film in the Prometheus series, taking place between Prometheus and Alien: Covenant. Will this film truly explain what happens to Shaw? Will we see David and Shaw having taken a trip to other distant worlds before landing on Paradise?

http://www.alien-covenant.com/news/ridley-scott-reveals-title-the-next-alien-film-after-alien-covenant#.XuBKuwb2i1w.twitter

SM

This is three years old from before Covenant was released.

David Weyland

What would be interesting to know is when did Shaw die? Before arriving at planet 4 or after?

Corporal Hicks

Ewwwww. Scified. Here's a proper website: https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2017/03/17/alien-awakening-title-next-alien-film/

But yeah, it confused me back then. I still don't know fully what he meant.

whiskybar123

I think Ridley might have had one too many glasses of red wine when talking about this  :laugh: :laugh:

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 10, 2020, 09:07:46 AM
Here's a proper website:

Eh, I don't know, those guys can be a bit dodgy as well. Had an article back when, that Alien Covenant was going to be shot in Rome.   :P

Salt The Fries

We'll be extremely lucky if we get a singular sequel to Covenant, if anything. A movie happening between Prometheus and Covenant had been planned, but that was before Covenant was released and before it failed in the box office and triggered angry fanboiz in teh interwebz.

Kradan

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 10, 2020, 05:00:36 PM
Here's a proper website:

Eh, I don't know, those guys can be a bit dodgy as well. Had an article back when, that Alien Covenant was going to be shot in Rome.   :P

Self-promoting, man, self-promoting

Evanus

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Jun 11, 2020, 04:21:16 PM
We'll be extremely lucky if we get a singular sequel to Covenant, if anything. A movie happening between Prometheus and Covenant had been planned, but that was before Covenant was released and before it failed in the box office and triggered angry fanboiz in teh interwebz.
I don't think that film was actually real, just a slip of the tongue by Ridley. Must have meant the sequel to Covenant.

Kradan

Kradan

Man is over 80 now, give him a break

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Jun 11, 2020, 04:21:16 PM
angry fanboiz in teh interwebz.

:D

Corporal Hicks

Here's a proper website:

Link me? I looked in the archives but didn't see anything.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 12, 2020, 06:51:33 AM
Here's a proper website:

Link me? I looked in the archives but didn't see anything.

Yes, because you deleted it!  :laugh:

But it was kinda my fault really. I found a tweet by a reputable lookin' extras casting agency who said that Alien: Paradise Lost (Alien: Covenant) would start filming in Rome in January 2016. You posted it as news, but on further investigating it, I discovered that there was a bookstore called Paradise Lost in Rome, GA, USA. So obviously some hilarious mix-up and the news headline surreptitiously disappeared soon afterwards.

Full story here:

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=53372.msg2081630#msg2081630

And check out this guy's comment:

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=53372.msg2081647#msg2081647

Coincidence or were the production team/writers following our speculation (as was the case with Prometheus according to CdL) and decided to include a nod to this little snafu?  :laugh:

Kradan

j0nesy

i've driven through rome, georgia; i can assure you that milford sound has nothing to worry about :P

bb-15

bb-15

Quote from: Mala'kak on Jun 10, 2020, 07:41:47 AM
Interesting quote here:

"It will go Prometheus, Awakening, Covenant.. fairly integral where this colonization ship is on the way....

And...

Alien: Awakening is supposedly the title of the next film in the Prometheus series, taking place between Prometheus and Alien: Covenant. Will this film truly explain what happens to Shaw? Will we see David and Shaw having taken a trip to other distant worlds before landing on Paradise?

http://www.alien-covenant.com/news/ridley-scott-reveals-title-the-next-alien-film-after-alien-covenant#.XuBKuwb2i1w.twitter

Interesting to read Scott's ideas for future films before the Fox/Disney merger which might've included several things; the Shaw/David relationship on the way to Paradise, other monsters from the black goo, maybe some information about the Engineers and more about colony ships.

But, the possibility of expanding this prequel timeline is over for at least several years. And once the franchise is revived in the more distant future, there probably will be nothing more about David's story.
- The Alien franchise is what is in the movies which exist now.
- David's story has ended and the derelict begins independent of that with "Alien".
- Many of the original theories about the derelict now remain intact. It was piloted by an Engineer/space jockey and the cargo of Xenomorphs got out of control.

* Still, I can take away some positives with the ending of the prequel films.
First, Scott had speculated about the Space Jockeys over the years starting with the first DVD commentary for "Alien".
- He said that the Juggernauts/Derelict were warships; bombers in space. How that worked was shown by David in "Covenant".
- Ridley stated that the Xenomorphs (and creatures like them) were weapons of the Engineers. All the creatures which came from the black goo would be tools of the Engineers to take over a planet.
Another engineer/Humanoid creation, the Deacon, looks like a formidable creature which could be unleashed on pockets of resistance (same with the Xenomorph). A full-grown Deacon should be the size of a Xenomorph queen. The ending of  AVP shows how deadly a monster of that size could be.
- Piecing together things from the existing franchise, Ridley's idea that the Engineers could be the creators and the destroyers of life on worlds is now pretty well established.

Second, Scott expanded on the role of the Weyland company in getting to the solar system where LV–426 was located (since LV-223 orbits the same planet) before "Alien". This goes back to the groundwork in the script for "Alien" done by producers Giler and Hill which are spelled out in the novelization for that film.

** Bottom line; while Scott wasn't able to make all the films in the franchise that he wanted, he did get the main pieces of his past vision for the Alien universe on screen.

;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed