NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,169,860 times)

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Wolf probably got pushed back in favor of the Kenner and comic Predators both of which people tended to gravitate towards. There's also the then recent film and people gravitated toward Fugitive so another variant on that seems like the more profitable thing to release. If they're showing three other things off at Toy Fair it's possible it's Hunting Grounds related which is the big thing that comes out this year.

So we had the film right around the corner, Kenner and Fugitive appeared to be well received that another Fugitive variant is coming out, they started on Alpha, and Hunting Grounds was coming. I can see why they held off even if I'd prefer a re-tooled Wolf and Predalien.

The Old One

The Old One

I'd rather get a good PredAlien design first instead of wasting plastic on the Requiem version.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

There's also the Predator 2 anniversary stuff that probably took priority over Wolf. I want Wolf but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't prefer some retooled Lost Tribe and Hunting Grounds stuff first.

The Requiem Predalien is probably the only one we're going to see. Unless they decide to dive into AVP 2010, which while that Predalien does have some issues it's still better than AVPR's.

The Old One

The Old One

Damn right it is.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: PVC on Jan 19, 2020, 05:09:30 PM
Hi. Ok ... Why not .... But but rather than making weird predators figures and comic book predators figures .... Why not to make characters from predator 2 .... Harrigan , king willie ,peter keys ,Leona ,lambert,dany ,tony pope ,El Scorpio etc ... Etc ...think about it Neca please. I'm a big big Predator fan but  Kind of tired of these ugly comic book 's action figures   So much stuff to do with predator 1&2  and what about predator 1 characters ...... They are great too    Thank you Neca to do that soon .... Not a option .... I'm waiting for it ......

Even a Tony Pope figure?  I want what he's having! Sign me up!!  ;D

Years ago I would say there's no market for them, but now after seeing a toy line come out this year for 1987's box office bomb Masters of the Universe that only made 17 Million worldwide, I'll never say never.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jan 20, 2020, 01:03:51 PM
The Requiem Predalien is probably the only one we're going to see. Unless they decide to dive into AVP 2010, which while that Predalien does have some issues it's still better than AVPR's.

Given how NECA have done various game dips and concept pieces, I'm hoping they'll dive into some other interpretations of the PredAlien too. Give me Dorman's PredAlien!

Master

Master

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 20, 2020, 02:06:21 PM
Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jan 20, 2020, 01:03:51 PM

Given how NECA have done various game dips and concept pieces, I'm hoping they'll dive into some other interpretations of the PredAlien too. Give me Dorman's PredAlien!

Hallelujah!

PVC

PVC

Hi   Neca ; and All true  fans .... Come on !!! Wolf , they did it ( 4 " differents ")    Predalien ... They did it..... The lost tribe , they did it.  And designs of wolf and scar is so terrible ( not the actions figures ... )  These movies are terrible.           Don't you want something new ?  Don't you want something fresh.  The same stuff again and again ... Why ??   Like Star Wars !!! 150, 200 Vader action figures ..... I know human figures don't sell nearly as well  as creatures but ; it is just about selling Neca ?  All is about selling and box office , million and billion !!!!
What about art , passion , creation  ..... What kind of fan don't want to buy Lambert meeting  Tony pope and his truck ..... A diorama with the city hunter and king willie in a dark street in LA  Harrigan on the roof with transparent predator   Leona in the subway with City Hunter and all the characters of Predator are great too   Only 3 about it. Predator , Dutch ( Schwartzenneger ) ...too many of it ....( easy ... The same base ....)  and Shane black (sdcc figure)( the guy who killed the franchise in 2018.... Thanks mr black )   Yes yes yes Neca       We are waiting for NEW action figures about movies ,with dioramas         Regards for the true fans.

Predalien91

Predalien91

On the subject of the Predalien really want to see a figure or line based on the AVP Gold Edition Predalien. Really hoping Neca makes it happen. I wouldn't put nothing past Neca, they're giving way more then the Mcfalane line had ever.

The Old One

The Old One

If I remember correctly AVP Classic's PredAlien is a genetic hybrid created by humanity, as for design' Monolith's AVP got the "face" design right apart from the fact the inner jaw never moved. AVP 2010 got the rest right, apart from the fimbria.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

No matter what Predalien neca release I'm going to hope that the dreads are easily removable. That's limy main gripe about most designs, the jaw carrying over is more than enough to sell you on what the host was.

Kailem

Kailem

Looks like Battle Armour Lost Predator is making a return:

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/1220113639681806336?s=20

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Thats really good news imo because armored borg/lost is one of my favorite designs and the only mask I'm ok with seeing multiples times on my shelf.

Voodoo Magic

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Yes yes yes. That's all I can say.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed